·
Registered
346 Posts
Dirac Live
Latest version: 3.0.8 read changelog

-Improved usability

-Refreshed, modern user interface that features a simplified setup procedure

-Enhanced Phase Correction algorithm for improved stereo reproduction

Wonder if you would need to re run Dirac to enjoy the benefits?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Dirac Live

-Improved usability

Sure sounds like it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Dirac Live

-Improved usability

All you need to do is install the update and then load a saved project. When you load, Dirac will take a couple minutes to recalculate the filters. Then you load the filters to the processor. No need to do measurements again.

·
Registered
346 Posts
All you need to do is install the update and then load a saved project. When you load, Dirac will take a couple minutes to recalculate the filters. Then you load the filters to the processor. No need to do measurements again.
Very nice. Can't wait to try out Enhanced Phase Correction.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Dirac Live

-Improved usability

That is not changelog, those are the new features that were added to Dirac 2.0 (and 3.0 ) .

·
Registered
346 Posts
That is not changelog, those are the new features that were added to Dirac 2.0 (and 3.0 ) .
My mistake. I guess the following is what's fixed and added.

Added
Option to set countdown before measurement starts
Fixes
Proper fix for Motu sound cards
Increase timeout on filter transfer
Drag area for crossover bar increased
Loading a target curve will no longer affect curtains or crossovers
Fix export filter problem introduced in Dirac Live 3.0.7

·
Registered
909 Posts
My mistake. I guess the following is what's fixed and added.

Added
Option to set countdown before measurement starts
Fixes
Proper fix for Motu sound cards
Increase timeout on filter transfer
Drag area for crossover bar increased
Loading a target curve will no longer affect curtains or crossovers
Fix export filter problem introduced in Dirac Live 3.0.7
It's a common mistake, Dirac should change that page. Maybe something like: Dirac 3 features and New in this version.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Hi folks,

im considering purchasing an xmc-2 to pair with my xpa-11...I would be replacing an Anthem 1120 AVR...have the bugs been worked out now for the most part with the latest FW or is the xmc-2 still finicky...? Also I’m assuming it would be an upgrade for 2 ch and HT with Dirac vs my flagship Anthem 1120? Welcome your thoughts? Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi folks,

im considering purchasing an xmc-2 to pair with my xpa-11...I would be replacing an Anthem 1120 AVR...have the bugs been worked out now for the most part with the latest FW or is the xmc-2 still finicky...? Also I’m assuming it would be an upgrade for 2 ch and HT with Dirac vs my flagship Anthem 1120? Welcome your thoughts? Thanks
With current Firmware V2.1 the XMC-2 is very stable. Dirac works great! Most of the major issues have been fixed, and there are more firmware releases coming to address smaller issues. It seems some people still have some challenges with certain HDMI video sources, and ARC, but this can also happen with other processors too.

Sound quality with 2-channel and HT Atmos is excellent!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi, I have a question. For home theater, the subwoofer phase alignment with the main front or center channel? Thanks.
If you have multiple subwoofers you'd want them aligned to each other first. The rest of the speakers should be aligned to each other, best you can, by setting distances. Then, since phase varies with frequency, the best you can do is align sub(s) to the main fronts at the crossover frequency.

If you have Dirac, it will do this for you.

·
Registered
105 Posts
... but no Dirac Live Bass Control...
Definitely not holding my breath on DLBC. Someone from Dirac recently said it will be a major software update for Emotiva to implement it, and despite sincere best intentions ... we know how that's likely to go.

I'm satisfied with Dirac 3, and a miniDSP to integrate 2 subs.

·
Registered
13,467 Posts
If you have multiple subwoofers you'd want them aligned to each other first. The rest of the speakers should be aligned to each other, best you can, by setting distances. Then, since phase varies with frequency, the best you can do is align sub(s) to the main fronts at the crossover frequency.

If you have Dirac, it will do this for you.
Not really. Without DL Bass Control there's no "phase matching" or crossover optimization.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Definitely not holding my breath on DLBC. Someone from Dirac recently said it will be a major software update for Emotiva to implement it, and despite sincere best intentions ... we know how that's likely to go.

I'm satisfied with Dirac 3, and a miniDSP to integrate 2 subs.
Has Emotiva made any kind of commitment to implementing DLBC in the XMC-2 or the RMC processors ?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Has Emotiva made any kind of commitment to implementing DLBC in the XMC-2 or the RMC processors ?
They have said they are committed to implementing DLBC. I get the impression it would be extremely premature to even ask for a date.

·
Premium Member
This spot for sale or rent.
5,042 Posts
They have said they are committed to implementing DLBC. I get the impression it would be extremely premature to even ask for a date.
It's a joke, people. Maybe not a good one, but that's all it is! :)

Reactions: lombarmj

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I did ask Emotiva directly yesterday and the answer was that they are working on it currently and that it would be just a firmware update. Hoping they can keep their word. I was considering purchasing the HTP-1 next year but I think I will go with the RMC-1L instead if Emotiva can make this happen. If so, the RMC-1L would match and beat (i.e. fully differential) the feature set of the HTP-1 at the same price. I also appreciate that the HDMI board is user upgradeable.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi everyone!

I've had an XMC-1 for a couple of years, and traded it for the XMC-2 last week. Sound quality is noticeable better, and the bass management seems better as well. Have only used it for TV, movies and Xbox so far.

The first 4 or 5 days itt was great, but the past couple of days I've experienced some stability issues, menu freezing and lock ups. Most of them have happened while I was in the menu making some changes. But the worst of them just happened in the middle of a movie with zero input from me or the remote. Not sure what triggered it. Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

The video starts about two minutes after it froze and ceased to pass audio.

601 - 620 of 649 Posts