AVS Forum banner

901 - 920 of 4430 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Dubs /forum/post/13427536

Yeah, but I thought they were the same. The revs were identical IIRC.

Dunno. The web site dates the release as 2/13. I'll check what I have on CD when I get home: I've had the motherboard for a couple of weeks now.

I'm curious about the shipping time from China.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo13 /forum/post/13424043

New Gigabyte F4 BIOS for this board. The one we used for the final review.

Thanks Bingo13,

Is this the rev that supposedly lowers the NB temps a bit?

I'm running on F3e(beta) currently, guess I'll just skip over F3 and loaf F4 next week.

Any changelog for F4 that you can post?

thanks...Rob

·
Registered
742 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkristof /forum/post/13427145

Thanks.

That looks large:
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...iver_0602A.PDF

The internal 3.5 drive bay does not occupy all of the area under the two external drive bays. You might have a better chance in this area if took the PCBA out it's plastic. You'd still ahve to nibble steel and plastic to make it fit there...

If you only have one HDD and don't use a floppy you would have the external 3.5" bay free; it might fit in there.

Omaura makes a little internal version of this that is just the guts of one of these and it has an internal USB header already, but I can't seem to find it for sale anywhere. Chris Morley, any ideas?....

Scratch that it is here already
http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?...omaura&cat=all

·
Registered
1,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by denyart /forum/post/13428557

Omaura makes a little internal version of this that is just the guts of one of these and it has an internal USB header already, but I can't seem to find it for sale anywhere. Chris Morley, any ideas?....

Scratch that it is here already
http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?...omaura&cat=all

Neat looking gizmo.

Five headers! Does it come with the IR detector(s) and transmitter or does that photo reflect all you get?

·
Registered
30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkristof /forum/post/13428785

Neat looking gizmo.

Five headers! Does it come with the IR detector(s) and transmitter or does that photo reflect all you get?

My take is on this as it is an IR Detecter board and remote only. The IR receiver is built into the Omaura cases. Not sure if it supports the blaster function or not. I know Chris Morley has stated that unit is a fully Microsoft Compatible even uses the same driver as the external Microsoft version.

Those Omaura cases sure are sweet!

sdcgmc

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #906

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkristof /forum/post/13428785

Neat looking gizmo.

It comes with a receiver, blaster, PCB, and remote control. Also, currently it only works with Vista.

·
Registered
96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkristof /forum/post/13428099

Finland! Minnesota! Ice fishing?

How's spring shaping up for you so far? :)

Spring??
We foolishly believed Al Gore and were counting on global warming. Trends looked good until this winter.

I am going to have to start encouraging everyone to run big overclocked Phenom 9600s, with two crossfire vid cards, and those new 1 kilowatt power suppplies. You betcha!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I flashed with new (March 11) BIOS on ECS a780. I noticed new option to change the "gpx" (graphics) clock in BIOS. Catalyst Control Center shows a new graphics bios dated Jan 10, 2008, version 010.079.000.000

ECS doesn't mention either of those changes in their description of the update at their website, which is as follows:

-Supports AM2/AM2+ BlacK Edition CPU Voltage Overclock.

-Update AGESAV3_13.25 module.

-Remove patch Workaround For HPET RTC.

-Update AMD APM Module and 8.00.13_ACPI3-T07-NB-RS780_01.

-Update AGESAV3_13.26 module.(AGESA Version : 3.1.7.0)

-Update Raid Rom : 3.0.1540.30

I understand the first and last, but nothing in between. Well, maybe I don't understand the first either, one can't overclock a voltage. I think they meant they finally added manual cpu multiplier select when the cpu permits.

·
Registered
153 Posts
For what it's worth, I made a quick and dirty (but mostly accurate I hope) spreadsheet comparing several uATX 780G boards.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...IhTT0nxUutghUw

Looks like the Gigabyte is the most feature rich with 1394a, optical out, and the best audio chip, but no IrDA. The J&W has side port mem but no PCIex1 or optical.

Couldn't find any info about the supposed ECS uATX board.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trio /forum/post/13429127

Spring??
We foolishly believed Al Gore and were counting on global warming. Trends looked good until this winter.

I am going to have to start encouraging everyone to run big overclocked Phenom 9600s, with two crossfire vid cards, and those new 1 kilowatt power suppplies. You betcha!

Thanks. We had a mild winter in the NYC metro area. However, it was beautiful (and good to be) in the LA area last week.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If I get the ECS board, does anyone know where I can get an optical s/pdif that I can put into into a empty slot?. I already have two PCI express tuners and don't want to use the PCI-E X16 in case I want to add a video card in the future.

·
Registered
96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlbearboy /forum/post/13429645

If I get the ECS board, does anyone know where I can get an optical s/pdif that I can put into into a empty slot?. I already have two PCI express tuners and don't want to use the PCI-E X16 in case I want to add a video card in the future.

I asked this awhile back in this thread and got good answers on how to make one. Take a look.

Also there is a Gigabyte bracket that should work, about $7 (4 vendors show on froogle, search term "gigabyte spdif").

I am curious if the spdif audio is cleaner than the hdmi!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have been reading this thread for about 2 hours now and my head is spinning. Is this really a good option because people's reviews seem all over the place. If so, what is the best AMD CPU (under $200) to use with it for flawless HD playback.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrundleFly /forum/post/13430129

I have been reading this thread for about 2 hours now and my head is spinning. Is this really a good option because people's reviews seem all over the place. If so, what is the best AMD CPU (under $200) to use with it for flawless HD playback.

My 5000 BE seemed (to me) to play back flawlessly a ripped 1080 movie stream that PDVD said was ~30 Mbps. Starship Troopers, if that matters. I'll look at what codec PDVD indicated when I get home.

5000 BE can be had for ~$90. BE does not include the HSF.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teookie /forum/post/13429406

For what it's worth, I made a quick and dirty (but mostly accurate I hope) spreadsheet comparing several uATX 780G boards.

url here since i have

·
Registered
96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teookie /forum/post/13429406

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...IhTT0nxUutghUw

Looks like the Gigabyte is the most feature rich with 1394a, optical out, and the best audio chip, but no IrDA. The J&W has side port mem but no PCIex1 or optical.

Couldn't find any info about the supposed ECS uATX board.

Nice, thanks. Here for specs of the ECS mATX board:

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Pro...ID=123&LanID=0

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #920
If you have a situation where your NB overheats, first make sure you have upgraded to the F3E BIOS - if you are still overheating screw in a 40mm SilenX fan.

901 - 920 of 4430 Posts