AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1181 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please continue all Halo 3 discussion in this thread.

Rumours, beta testing, graphics, etc...

EDIT: Now that the game is coming out, please keep all Halo 3 discussion here.

Please use THIS thread for reviews.

And THIS one for MP scheduling.

Thanks,

Kyser

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Kyser, you closed the other thread RIGHT when I was about to hit "Submit"!

This comes from the graphics comparison thread:

What maybe irks me is that it very much sounds like some of you are basically implying the game looks like crap. I spent an hour in the beta last night, and I'll be playing more over the weekend. The first thing I thought was "wow, they really did improve this map from the Xbox".

I think we also forget that Halo 2 wasn't a crap looking game either. It was one of the better looking Xbox games out there. So a radical departure isn't going to happen.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I played it and thought it looked like a Launch Title by an unknown developer..

·
Registered
933 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Mullis /forum/post/0

Kyser, you closed the other thread RIGHT when I was about to hit "Submit"!

This comes from the graphics comparison thread:

What maybe irks me is that it very much sounds like some of you are basically implying the game looks like crap. I spent an hour in the beta last night, and I'll be playing more over the weekend. The first thing I thought was "wow, they really did improve this map from the Xbox".

I think we also forget that Halo 2 wasn't a crap looking game either. It was one of the better looking Xbox games out there. So a radical departure isn't going to happen.

I feel the same. I also think that the jaggies everyone is being so critical about is nothing to worry about. When they release it in September, it will be all polished up and ready to go.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Anyone else still not get their download code for the rule of 3 halo 3 beta?

I got in through phase one and still haven't gotten my code(yes I checked my junk mail). I know a few thousand people still haven't gotten theirs.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
I played for only a limited amount of time as well, but the graphics never struck me as bad either. Quite good actually. I've only played the multiplayer on Halo 2 a couple of times, and the beta felt very similar to the previous game to me. But, like I said, I haven't played much.....so that may change. It was definitely fun, just a pretty big change from my normal game of Gears. No doubt it will be a huge hit for the really good players out there.

BourbonNcigars

·
Registered
16 Posts
i'm getting sick and tired of evryone who accepts graphics like this one or R6 Las Vegas (worst R6 since lockdown)....

I or anyone else for that matter did NOT pay 400$ to enjoy games that looks like xbox1/last gen, if you don't care about better gfx then don't buy a new console/pc!

If halo 3 had more changes/better gfx = aka more drastically changes it would be indeed "Halo 3" otherwise mp is just Halo 2.5

Really this whole gameplay vs graphics is getting quite tedious.... We want BOTH elements to work together ... like gears of war or bioshock or .. well you get me idea...

I fail to see how anyone is a gfx whore just because they refuse to accept games that are WAY under the 360 range..

I was a HUGE R6 fan (still a clancy fan) but R6 las vegas mp really dropped the ball and don't get me started on splinter cell DA.. hopefully the new splinter cell will get back to its roots and no shuggy/ugly horrible mp ....

Exactly WHAT did bungie do during those 2 years...?!?!?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
played till about 3:30 am last night. first impressions are that this game is going to suck my life away come september. In terms of the graphics, I thought they ranged from good to very good. Some unimpressive textures and geometry in some places, but then great looking stuff in others. The snow looks amazing. I really like High Ground.

·
Registered
9,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin_Buu /forum/post/0

i'm getting sick and tired of evryone who accepts graphics like this one or R6 Las Vegas (worst R6 since lockdown)....

I or anyone else for that matter did NOT pay 400$ to enjoy games that looks like xbox1/last gen, if you don't care about better gfx then don't buy a new console/pc!

If halo 3 had more changes/better gfx = aka more drastically changes it would be indeed "Halo 3" otherwise mp is just Halo 2.5

Really this whole gameplay vs graphics is getting quite tedious.... We want BOTH elements to work together ... like gears of war or bioshock or .. well you get me idea...

I fail to see how anyone is a gfx whore just because they refuse to accept games that are WAY under the 360 range..

I was a HUGE R6 fan (still a clancy fan) but R6 las vegas mp really dropped the ball and don't get me started on splinter cell DA.. hopefully the new splinter cell will get back to its roots and no shuggy/ugly horrible mp ....

So.....start a movement do a march on Washington

·
Registered
750 Posts
This is from that other thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 /forum/post/0

Maybe this Trilogy is like The Matrix, the first one was the best and the other 2 were complete let downs and a waste of money..

I'm starting to think this as well. I just hope that they do a good job with the SP and that this doesn't turn out to be just a MP game like Halo 2.

I truly believe that most people that like Halo 2 are new comers. The original Halo had a great SP and story as well as great MP. It was a very immersive game in all sense. Halo 2 was just a MP game with improved graphics. In my opinion Halo 2 was like an insult to Halo.

I'm pretty sure I won't be in line at Time Square (ok maybe I will, but just for the festivities) in release date as I was for Halo 2 just to be dissapointed. I'll wait a bit before dropping 60, 90, or 130 for this one this time around.

·
Registered
283 Posts

Quote:

I feel the exact opposite. I didn't spend $400 to play a pretty game where I can't even jump and only play 4 vs 4 on little tiny maps.

I want games where when I fall into the water the sound gets muffled. I want games where grenades bounce off cement and stick in the snow.

They can only go so far and keep the look and feel of Halo. It's time to say this is a video game...yes I want it to look great, but lets put some of that processing power into other aspects of the game.

·
Registered
933 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad473 /forum/post/0

first impressions are that this game is going to suck my life away come september.

haha, I was thinking the exact same thing. This game to me is the crack of online gaming, lol!

·
Registered
5,131 Posts

Quote:

watch the Vidocs and you'd know. And again this is a BETA it doesn't represent final code it's not a free demo for promoting the game it's an early peak. And you should be gald you get play it since I STILL haven't gotten my download code from MS.

And how many times does Bungie have to explain that the graphics are are just now being finalized and the beta has old textures and simple effects to keep the game running smoothy. Final code will be much different.

·
Registered
16 Posts
[email protected]

okay I guess you're right .. it's just a BETA but I seriously doubt things will REALLY change in the next months...but time will tell I guess...

[email protected]

I don't agree 4x4 is perfectly fine yes 8x8 would be better.. but seriously there's not much you can complain about GEARS it did deliver and more....

BTW tiny maps? GEARS is an ELITE combat unit.. you're not suppose to have HUGE maps and HUGE wars.. that was known 1-2 years BEFORE the game was released, and jumping

Have fun with the Halo 3 beta guys.. I just hope in the end it's NOTHING like halo 2 which was a HUGE failure in my book, just watch that huge e3 trailer, like 90% of that never happened in the final game, instead we got a few hours in sp then you had to pickup mp which i found VERY boring and dull after being used to pc gaming in general

·
Registered
621 Posts
From the way this thread is starting out...it should be renamed to...

"The Ultimate Halo 3 Thread: COMPLAIN HERE AS LOUD AS YOU CAN, YOU CRY BABIES"

·
Registered
469 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevron07 /forum/post/0

I feel the exact opposite. I didn't spend $400 to play a pretty game where I can't even jump and only play 4 vs 4 on little tiny maps.

I want games where when I fall into the water the sound gets muffled. I want games where grenades bounce off cement and stick in the snow.

They can only go so far and keep the look and feel of Halo. It's time to say this is a video game...yes I want it to look great, but lets put some of that processing power into other aspects of the game.

Well, I can definitely see both sides of this discussion. I kinda lean towards the "it needs better graphics" camp. Here's why: the gameplay is not drastically different from the previous Halos...nor should it be. So the question is, what are they going to do with all of this extra horsepower if there is no need to alter gameplay?

But I'll chime in with the Beta disclaimer too...we'll wait and see for the final product. I for one have faith! I tell you though, playing the Beta last night was pretty sweet. The new equipment and weapons really add some interesting twists to the game.

Overall, H3 has me looking forward to Sept 25th. That's good timing too because I should just about be getting tired of GoW after nearly a year of play

·
Registered
283 Posts

Quote:

[email protected]

I don't agree 4x4 is perfectly fine yes 8x8 would be better.. but seriously there's not much you can complain about GEARS it did deliver and more....

BTW tiny maps? GEARS is an ELITE combat unit.. you're not suppose to have HUGE maps and HUGE wars.. that was known 1-2 years BEFORE the game was released, and jumping

Different strokes I guess. I'm not knocking Gears, but I don't find elite combat units as fun as large battles. It was known for a while as well that Halo wasn't going to focus all of their energy on graphics...They've said that it probably won't look as good as Gears, but it will do more.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1_8 /forum/post/0

Overall, H3 has me looking forward to Sept 25th.

I'll second that, for sure. Like others have said, I hope they do a return to form of sorts for the single player campaign. To me, Halo had an incredible single player. Halo 2 was not as enjoyable to me.

BourbonNcigars

1 - 20 of 1181 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.