AVS Forum banner

301 - 320 of 339 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Haven't heard of the glow light issue. But call Logitech support, maybe they will help with a replacement if they cannot fix it via phone support and even if it is out of warranty. They seem to be pretty willing to help.

·
Registered
145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fareal /forum/post/14644608

Haven't heard of the glow light issue. But call Logitech support, maybe they will help with a replacement if they cannot fix it via phone support and even if it is out of warranty. They seem to be pretty willing to help.

I called last night, and they approved to send it on to warranty claims, even though I have had it for over a year. I gave my email and I should be hearing from them in a couple days. We'll see!

·
Registered
443 Posts
I need a custom macro to change the aspect when playing videos, but Harmony only allows 5 commands in a Sequence.

Sequence needed:

Xbox 360

1. Display

2. Left

3. Left

4. Left

5. Left

6. A

7. B

Any suggestions or workarounds?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just got a new computer (iMac) and have had my Harmony 360 remote for over a year now and it's been working great. I'd like to make some modifications to the settings on the remote, but before I connect it to my new computer, I need to install the software.

I'm going back and forth between installing the software CD I got with the remote (version 5.2) or just going on Logitech's website and downloading the most recent version, 7.5.0. Normally I would go for the newest software, but I have read about many problems with it on the Logitech's own messageboards: http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/...emote_software

What would you recommend I do? Do I lose out on a lot of new functionality by installing 5.2 or are the issues with 7.5.0 being blown out of proportion? I was hoping to get some first hand advice here and I appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Thanks!

UPDATE: Wow, just read some of the comments here regarding the 7.5.0 software and Mac compatibility. Guess I should try and program my remote off my work PC :-( Any comments from Mac users?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just installed the 7.5 for Mac and programmed my remote with it today. I didn't have any problems. Macbook with Core Duo and 10.5.5 here.

·
Registered
443 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra2001 /forum/post/14801726

:-( Any comments from Mac users?

Ive been using 7.4.1 and I am on a Mac.

I thought I did the auto-update the other day and it updated, maybe 7.5 just came out. No problems for me, just wish the Updating to the remote was faster. Not sure why it takes so long, takes about 40-45 seconds.

Update on my last post. I used my old Radio Shack JP1 remote and programmed it to control the Xbox 360. I then used the JP1 remote to teach the Harmony 360 remote how to do the macro: Display, Left x 4, A, B. I used the Custom RAW mode in the Harmony software. Works great.

·
Registered
443 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefkafloyd /forum/post/14801806

I just installed the 7.5 for Mac and programmed my remote with it today. I didn't have any problems. Macbook with Core Duo and 10.5.5 here.

How long does the update process take when updating the remote?

·
Registered
125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefkafloyd /forum/post/14801806

Yeah 10.5.5 here too. That's reassuring to hear at least. I wonder if Logitech released an update to 7.5.0 since it came out on 8/6/08? But if they did, you would think the number would have changed to 7.5.1 or something like that. Thanks for the info though.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I think I know the answer to this question but wanted to just make sure: There is no clock on the 360 remote display, is there?

·
Registered
7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyhelling /forum/post/14802430

I think I know the answer to this question but wanted to just make sure: There is no clock on the 360 remote display, is there?

There is no clock, that's correct.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can anyone tell me if its possible to have your Directv DVR use the colored xbox buttons to access the DVR remotes colored button functions (as opposed to navigating the LCD).

Also, is there an easy way to access the aspect ratio adjust function from the directv remote? THanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by focker240 /forum/post/14647260

I called last night, and they approved to send it on to warranty claims, even though I have had it for over a year. I gave my email and I should be hearing from them in a couple days. We'll see!

I developed the same problem with the glow light but was able to fix it by replacing the clock crystal (FYI it doesn't look like what many people would look for when you say 'crystal', its the same shape as a capacitor.) For anyone who's done any soldering its a pretty easy fix. You can get a replacement crystal at any hobby shop (ask for a 32.768KHz crystal) or you can try salvaging one from a watch. I 'stole' one from my daughters discarded Barbie digital wrist watch. Basically the crystal controls the timing of the glow light and when that fails it no longer understand when to shut off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
For the past couple of months my "play" and "fast forward" buttons would not work, after doing a google search and finding this site , I decided to clean my remote. It took me nearly 2 hours, but I disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled; my remote, and it works as good as new.

·
Registered
249 Posts
anyone know how to set up this remote to work with the sony DMX-SW1 BRAVIA® Input Link Module?

how do i get it to switched to the extra hdmi inputs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a harmony 360 remote samsung tv and vcr/dvd recorder unit also onkyo reciver, xbox 360 every thing is conected via HDMI. When and only when i switch activitys from using the dvd to the xbox i get a message wiselink then the tv input will change off hdmi 1 to cable 18. Again this error only occures when i go from the dvd to xbox.

thanks in advance for the help

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have a Harmony 520 and my Rew / Fwd buttons do not do anything even though they are programmed for Rewind and Fast Forward.

I was wondering if anyone with the 360 remote, do the buttons work while playing videos?

Thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
I need help. My remote was working fine today. I did not get the "Low batteries" signal at any time. Sometime tonight, I tried using it, there was a menu in the display but nothing would happen when I pressed any button. The light didn't come on, the menu didn't change and no signal were sent to my gear.

So I took out the batteries and put them back in. Nothing, the remote is dead.

So I recharged the batteries. Still nothing.

So I changed the batteries. Still nothing.

So I tried plugging the remote with the USB cable in my computer. Still nothing.

I did not bang it, nor did it fall down tonight. It did not come under any physical harm.

What's happenning?

301 - 320 of 339 Posts