AVS Forum banner

3961 - 3980 of 5966 Posts

·
Registered
20,250 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown7 /forum/post/0

Hey Im new to this thread, but AVS never lets me down..I saw an after xmas sale on the Jamo s426 for $200, 5 speaker set so I wanted to examine these further..You cant beat that regardless of the quality....Seeing that this thread is over a hundred pages long, There must be something good for it. Looking forward to getting this 7 am monday! Waiting for input on your people on these speakers. I will continue to scour the thread for input. Oh by the way this will be powered by my Onkyo 606, which I will put in the girls's room with their Wii.

That's a pretty good deal on the set. I've been looking at the package deal from TD and even with.the.lower price the price you paid beats it. Now only if i could get a deal like that I might get the WAF and be able to get them separately

·
Registered
151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wouldtoo /forum/post/19704853

This is a great sight. It had a wealth of information from some fantastic folks.

They won't steer you wrong.

Wow..you guys have me a little excited...I will have to be on that 530 am LIRR to Lynbrook to go to 6ave electronics first thing monday morning...For the sake of the A/V brethren out there, I will have to do the duty..To imagine up until 13 hours ago I never heard of them...now all this continuig research Im almost up to speed, almost.

The girls room is really the living room/ play room for them, so they can enjoy Wii sports resort in surround sound while i play music if you what i mean!

·
Registered
121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown7 /forum/post/19704101

Hey Im new to this thread, but AVS never lets me down..I saw an after xmas sale on the Jamo s426 for $200, 5 speaker set so I wanted to examine these further..You cant beat that regardless of the quality....Seeing that this thread is over a hundred pages long, There must be something good for it. Looking forward to getting this 7 am monday! Waiting for input on your people on these speakers. I will continue to scour the thread for input. Oh by the way this will be powered by my Onkyo 606, which I will put in the girls's room with their Wii.

can i ask where u got this deal....i am looking for a place to get same deal too..

·
Registered
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianguyinny24
can i ask where u got this deal....i am looking for a place to get same deal too..
Well my enthusiasm has been since tempered since the winter blizzard warning was issued by the weather service..The store is 6Ave. electronics..they are an official retailer..I think you can only purchase in store and there are no stores in NYC, for me the closest store is Carle Place or Lynbrook in Long Island..The sale starts on Monday.

·
Registered
20,250 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badwagon /forum/post/0

New to home theater and have really been looking at Jamo as of late. Was thinking about going Paradigm but I just can't see dropping the cash for them right now (Monitor 7,9,11)
. I just don't think my ears will know the difference
. I have found this: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...897&CatId=4586 but haven't been able to find anything on it
I have been debating on the Jamo setup and a sub later or just getting the Onkyo 7300. Has anybody had any experience with the Jamo S426HCS3 yet?? I'm leaning towards saying screw it and pulling the triger on the Jamo setup, all the older Jamo speakers seem to get rave reviews. And of course this forum seems happy all 132 pages of it

Thanks and hope to be in the Jamo club soon, weather the S426 or some other setup

Im looking at the very same thing at TD. This appears to be.a.very good bang for your buck system. I've already passed the WAF on it so now its just a.matter of hoping to get a deal on the package. I believe it has gone on sale before so I may hold out for a bit to see if the price drops
since this and the 260 system are the same price Id go for the one above 1st. I haven't seen many people in the forums with this.setup though so aid be interested in what the respond is especially for movies. I have an older powers sub.that ill use until I can pick up an upgrade for.that as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi - I have posted this comment over in the Pioneer MCACC AMP/Speaker setup but it more sounds like I have a problem with my Jamo Sub.

I own a Jamo 650 Sub - with Jamo 608 speakers (5.1).

I think my volume (gain) control on my Sub my be stuffed??

I am having real a problem trying to set up the Jamo Sub with the AMP. First I was thinking it was the MCACC setup - then the Sub position in the room etc. I have only had the Sub about a month and this (Christmas) being the first time I've had an opportunity to set things up. It is also the first time I have owned a proper Sub.

First I had the Sub at the back of the room and wasn't getting the results I wanted, so I moved the Sub to the front of the room facing the listening position.

Setting the phase to 0, crossover to 150, gain (volume) to about 10-11 o'clock.

Ran MCACC again - it said volume on Sub is to low. Turned the volume up to max - again Sub is to low. Moved the Sub forward - still Sub is to low.

Got my iPod out and connected it to the Sub - sound is coming out of the Sub but I don't appear to have any volume control using the volume (gain) knob on the back of the Sub. There is no difference on minimum to maximum and being a volume control I would expect some difference.

Am I right to assume that there should be and increase and decrease in volume when turning the knob?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Get a receiver with Audyssey
Kidding... Sounds like the sub volume knob might be bad.

·
Registered
121 Posts
hi guys,

if anyone has Jamo 426s...quick question is the wire that comes with system are good.. or should one buy an extra 12 gauge wire...

i am planning to buy this from mono price...

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...ormat=2&style=

thanks for help....this place is amazing BTW...hopefully tomorrow i will go and pickup the Jamo'sss...heard so much hope this goes welll with my denon - 1611

·
Registered
28,467 Posts
does the S426 package come with speaker wire? Even if it does it wont be 12ga.

·
Registered
28,467 Posts
No, I generally use 14ga wire. It really depends on how long the wire runs are to each speaker. 12ga is overkill for short runs unless you just like thick wire. 14ga is thick enough for my needs and is recommended for the maximum lengths I use.

read this article about speaker wire.
http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm

·
Registered
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnatalli
Get a receiver with Audyssey
Kidding... Sounds like the sub volume knob might be bad.
OK - I feel like a bit of a Goose now

I'll put my hand up and say I stuffed up

But in my defence the Subs manual (which I re-read when I got home just to make sure I wasn't loosing the plot!) doesn't mention anywhere about a master control volume knob.

So rang up the Service Department this morning - told them what was going on - they said it sounded faulty and to bring it in. So off I go - thinking "I bet I get there and the Sub starts working!!"

Anyway the Service people hook the Sub up and yeap it starts working - well they knew where the master volume knob was!

I'm sure if I showed the Sub to people and asked them to find the master volume knob they wouldn't be able to find it either.

All is good now - have run my setup tests again - just watched the start of Transformers and am now getting the bass punch I would expect

At least I don't have to wait 10 days for the repair - just a bit of hurt pride

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Force
I'm sure if I showed the Sub to people and asked them to find the master volume knob they wouldn't be able to find it either.
Is it the big blue-lit round thing on the front?

·
Registered
261 Posts
The lighting isn't that great, but here is the new c807's and the c80 Center. Hard to see the right speaker. Sorry about my lack of lighting.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianguyinny24
hi guys,

if anyone has Jamo 426s...quick question is the wire that comes with system are good.. or should one buy an extra 12 gauge wire...

i am planning to buy this from mono price...

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...ormat=2&style=

thanks for help....this place is amazing BTW...hopefully tomorrow i will go and pickup the Jamo'sss...heard so much hope this goes welll with my denon - 1611

Now the real fun starts......Got my s426.....now need to wait for denon 1611 coming tomorrow and 14 gauge wire and clipper from monoprice coming friday....the new year will be preety much gone in setting up this beast...

BTW any idea for a small room do u really need a sub with this....if so any good recomendation from ebay or little cheaper...already overbudget on this right now..

Thank u all for this great help...and thanks for avforums...

V

·
Registered
28,467 Posts
You'll be able to deterimine if you need a sub in that room once you try out your system. If you have no budget for a sub check used on Craigslist.

Quote:
BTW any idea for a small room do u really need a sub with this....if so any good recomendation from ebay or little cheaper...already overbudget on this right now..

Is there a price associated with that question?

·
Registered
121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/19724799

You'll be able to deterimine if you need a sub in that room once you try out your system. If you have no budget for a sub check used on Craigslist.

Is there a price associated with that question?

i think i can do max 150$(100 would be great)....that is way beyond the limit but i can stretch it....else i mihgt look for CL and see if i get some cheap...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had my 406's set up in my room for quite awhile before I bought a sub and it sounded great. But now I have a sub and would never go without it. It really makes a huge improvement imo and I usually keep mine only about a quarter of the way up!

3961 - 3980 of 5966 Posts