AVS Forum banner

5961 - 5980 of 5986 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Oh geez, that's painful to look at.

My C607s have been sitting in storage for a number of years. Hope they're doing OK.

Reactions: Mark Coleman

·
Registered
25 Posts
Very sad night for me yesterday.. I sat on the fence about finally purchasing the C97ii. Really wanted the dark apple, but settled for white since thats what was available. Only one speaker arrived so far and...

And now they are discontinued. Guess I'll have to keep shopping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you try Crutchfield? They have low stock in that model And the color you wanted. I bought mine there. They are the best imaging speakers I’ve ever had. Overall excellent speakers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
These were from them, they only have 1 of the apples

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s a bummer, it looks like yours went through the war. Mine were not damaged but did have a hole in the box and most of the foam was busted up. Jamos packaging could definitely use improvement. I hope you can get a good pair as they are great speakers!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Looks like frys.com has black S803.

S83 as well, although possibly open-box only.

·
Registered
89 Posts
No... The S803 are just bookshelf speakers. You need the S8 ATM speaker also for height. They say atmos ready because the have 2 sets of binding posts on them and have contacts for the S8 to sit on them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
In that case either the jamos or the sony's would work just fine... I think the jamos are a better quality speaker though. Sorry I misunderstood.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I am just one pair of s803s shy of a 5.1.4 Jamo setup (4 x s809 - 1x s83 - 1 x s803) but it sure is hard to find a pair at a reasonable price. i may have to wait until august but will keep looking.

thank you

·
Registered
105 Posts
ah... still in the same spot LOL.. please let me know if anyone has a pair... are they discontinuing these ?
wonder why so hard to find?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Could you use the S801 instead of the of the 803's? Its a tad smaller and doesn't have the atmos contact points on it. And they are in stock at Crutchfield.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Yes, the 801s are inferior in nearly every regard and surprisingly inefficient. I was not impressed with them.

5961 - 5980 of 5986 Posts