AVS Forum banner

5981 - 5987 of 5987 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, new member here but long time viewer. I have jamo speakers throughout my house and have been a jamo lover for 10+ years. If anyone has questions about these speakers let me know. I have the c95ii in my living room along with the c9 cenii and the c9ii dipoles all in white. I also have the S807's in my basement with s83 center in walnut and iw606sur. I have the jamo a200's with a sub210 in my bedroom (5.1) and many jamo in walls/in ceiling on the porch, hallway, kitchen, bathroom, office (which includes the iw860sw sub) and rock 6.3a's on the patio. I love them all and am a proud owner of all. If some people are wondering the difference between the c95ii's and s807's, it's mainly the c95ii's added power and detail. Instruments and vocals are more defined and less colored. The C95ii's are more forward, but also have the ability to play warm when the recording calls for it. I also have a carpeted room and don't sit extremely close to them. The C95ii's are noticeably more heavier as well and overall build quality is better. This doesn't mean the S807's aren't good. They are just a little more of a casual listen in my opinion, but for the price, they sound great and if you put a good amp on them, they will sound even better. Looking forward to chatting about all of the old and new jamo gear!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, new member here but long time viewer. I have jamo speakers throughout my house and have been a jamo lover for 10+ years. If anyone has questions about these speakers let me know. I have the c95ii in my living room along with the c9 cenii and the c9ii dipoles all in white. I also have the S807's in my basement with s83 center in walnut and iw606sur. I have the jamo a200's with a sub210 in my bedroom (5.1) and many jamo in walls/in ceiling on the porch, hallway, kitchen, bathroom, office (which includes the iw860sw sub) and rock 6.3a's on the patio. I love them all and am a proud owner of all. If some people are wondering the difference between the c95ii's and s807's, it's mainly the c95ii's added power and detail. Instruments and vocals are more defined and less colored. The C95ii's are more forward, but also have the ability to play warm when the recording calls for it. I also have a carpeted room and don't sit extremely close to them. The C95ii's are noticeably more heavier as well and overall build quality is better. This doesn't mean the S807's aren't good. They are just a little more of a casual listen in my opinion, but for the price, they sound great and if you put a good amp on them, they will sound even better. Looking forward to chatting about all of the old and new jamo gear!
I've purchased some s 809's and were wondering if for the Atmos module I should go with the S8 ATM or the ATM 50? I understand the S8 is built specifically for the S line of Jamo towers but it would appear the ATM50 is little more beefy with the 5.25 driver. Is this a simple case of sacrificing a little bit of aesthetics for more performance or is there something else?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the s8 atm's on my s807's and they sound good. I'd personally stick with the s8 atm's for the simple fact that they are designed to work with the studio series. They carry the same mid driver albeit smaller, but same materials which will create a marriage with how the effects sound. The atm 50 were design for the original c9 series and although I did not check the dimensions, they more than likely will look like a much bigger box on top of our 809's and you'll have to run wire up your speakers along the back to connect. Whereas with the 809's, this would not be the case. But if you are just looking for a larger sound and are not really concerned with looks/tonal matching, then go with the atm 50's. The joy's of home theatre decisions, lol!

5981 - 5987 of 5987 Posts