AVS Forum banner

6001 - 6014 of 6014 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
thank you for the answer... the package include (680 euro)
S 809 Tower Speakers
SPECIFICATIONS
Frequency Response 37Hz - 26kHz (+/- 3dB)
Sensitivity 90dB (2.83V @ 1m)
Power Handling 120W Min. / 240W max
Impedance 8 Ohm
S 81 CEN Center Channel Speaker
SPECIFICATIONS
Frequency Response 71Hz - 26kHz (+/- 3dB)
Sensitivity 86dB (2.83V @ 1m)
Power Handling 60W / 120W
Impedance 8 Ohm
S 801 Speakers for Surround Sound
SPECIFICATIONS
Frequency Response 76Hz - 26kHz (+/- 3dB)
Sensitivity 85dB (2.83V @ 1m)
Power Handling 60W / 120W
Impedance 8 Ohm
SUB: i think to buy a svs 1000 and a denon 2700h...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey all, was hoping somebody might have experience with a Jamo A 3SUB.3 10" subwoofer. I can pick one up for $70 CAD from my local classifieds. Can't find any reviews of the sub, but did find some specs here.

It's for a small room, 12'x11'x8'. Looking to add some low end for light movie use, not a huge bass head.
Fronts: Pioneer FS51 towers
Center: PSB Image C4 (replaced the matching Pioneer center cause it was rather muddled)
Surround: Pioneer BS21 bookshelves

Any thoughts or experience with this sub?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey all! We recently purchased the Jamo 8 series package (803, s 81, and 801's) I got it because the price was right for 200, and because they seemed to be a great starting point. I've come to really enjoy them and im looking to expand my system from a 5.1 to a 7.1 using bipoles from fluance as sides. My question is- anyone recommend a decent amplifier that would work with the fronts? additionally I had a thought of replacing the L/R 803's with a pair of c95's or c97's , anyone have any recommendations for them ? thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
just joined the Jamo group - Adorama had a sale for $379 for a 5.0 setup with: Jamo S 809 (pair) + Jamo S 801 (pair) + Jamo S 83

hope I enjoy these as much as I did my previous JBL S38II, S-CenterII and JBL N24 surrounds

·
Registered
20 Posts
just joined the Jamo group - Adorama had a sale for $379 for a 5.0 setup with: Jamo S 809 (pair) + Jamo S 801 (pair) + Jamo S 83

hope I enjoy these as much as I did my previous JBL S38II, S-CenterII and JBL N24 surrounds
Welcome and enjoy!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi :) I am a long time reader of AVSForums but this is my first post. I am a somewhat happy owner of a 5.0 Jamo S803 HCS, which includes Jamo S803, Jamo S801, and Jamo S81. I am overall happy with the system, the lack of lower frequencies of the s803 is filled with an SVS SB1000 SW I tossed into the mix.
However I am not so happy with the dialogues coming from the S81, and I am considering changing my speaker setup, I considered changing brands and invest a bit more, but... when I think of it, I am really not willing to spend much more money in my home cinema, so I considered changing the S81 for the S83.

What I feel with the S81 is that dialogues feel a bit muffled, and they don't sound bright... Does someone had both S81 and S83 and could tell me if the latter solves this issue?

Best regards

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Hi :) I am a long time reader of AVSForums but this is my first post. I am a somewhat happy owner of a 5.0 Jamo S803 HCS, which includes Jamo S803, Jamo S801, and Jamo S81. I am overall happy with the system, the lack of lower frequencies of the s803 is filled with an SVS SB1000 SW I tossed into the mix.
However I am not so happy with the dialogues coming from the S81, and I am considering changing my speaker setup, I considered changing brands and invest a bit more, but... when I think of it, I am really not willing to spend much more money in my home cinema, so I considered changing the S81 for the S83.

What I feel with the S81 is that dialogues feel a bit muffled, and they don't sound bright... Does someone had both S81 and S83 and could tell me if the latter solves this issue?

Best regards
In my experience demoing both of them the S83 is a notable step up from the S81. I can't say if it will cure exactly what ails since there are a lot of variables that could be impacting clarity (speaker position, reflections, EQ, etc) but I am confident that the S83 is a better speaker and may provide the results you're looking for.

With respect to Jamo I've owned the C-10-CEN and C93 and currently own and use the S803 and S809.

·
Registered
28,726 Posts
The reviews I've seen say the s83 is a much better center. Just buy somewhere that you can send it back if you disagree. Amazon has it for a great price and you can return if you don't like it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
In my experience demoing both of them the S83 is a notable step up from the S81. I can't say if it will cure exactly what ails since there are a lot of variables that could be impacting clarity (speaker position, reflections, EQ, etc) but I am confident that the S83 is a better speaker and may provide the results you're looking for.

With respect to Jamo I've owned the C-10-CEN and C93 and currently own and use the S803 and S809.
Question for you : I'm running a 7.1 HT with the 809's and L/R , the 81 as center, 801's as sides and 803's as rears. My question is since you also use the 809's are you also using an external amplifier ? since adding them 809's I feel like i've noticed a slight drop in ....power?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Question for you : I'm running a 7.1 HT with the 809's and L/R , the 81 as center, 801's as sides and 803's as rears. My question is since you also use the 809's are you also using an external amplifier ? since adding them 809's I feel like i've noticed a slight drop in ....power?
I currently use the 809s as surrounds in my main 5.1 system and do have them running off of an Outlaw Model 5000 but also ran them off of my Onkyo NR656 for a long while. I used them in my living room as a 2.0 pair off of an Onkyo SR607 for a while as well.

I'm not sure what you mean by drop in power but I never felt that either receiver was not pushing them properly. My living room in particular is a large space and they did fine. Of the speakers you listed the 801s are IMO and IME surprisingly difficult to drive but I don't know that that's hampering your setup.

·
Registered
28,726 Posts
The Jamo S809 towers have a sensitivity of 90db which makes it relatively easy to power.

the s801 bookshelf has a sensitivity of 85db which is poor
the s81 center has a sensitivity of 86db so not much better.

the towers are the least power hungry of your speakers. The other speakers would be taxing your receiver more.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Jamo S809 towers have a sensitivity of 90db which makes it relatively easy to power.

the s801 bookshelf has a sensitivity of 85db which is poor
the s81 center has a sensitivity of 86db so not much better.

the towers are the least power hungry of your speakers. The other speakers would be taxing your receiver more.
Hmmm interesting .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

The reviews I've seen say the s83 is a much better center. Just buy somewhere that you can send it back if you disagree. Amazon has it for a great price and you can return if you don't like it.

Thanks for your answers, I decided to go for the s83, I bought it from an outlet store here in Spain, priced at 140€ and have a 14 days trial period. I hope this solve this gap I am seeing in the front trio.

Thanks again for your replies :)

6001 - 6014 of 6014 Posts