AVS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 5982 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
yes the sub250 is a down firing subwoofer. Although its not the most expensive sub it still has a nice sound.

·
Registered
174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdohman /forum/post/13757307

yes the sub250 is a down firing subwoofer. Although its not the most expensive sub it still has a nice sound.

i have seen the pics of it on the website, if the driver is facing the ground then y does the sub have a grill(mesh) on the front?

thanks for the help...

·
Registered
40 Posts
My 7.1 system currently consists of:

Jamo 707 (fronts identical to the D590)

Jamo C80 CEN

Jamo C80 SUR for surround and backs

I soon hope to complete the C80 series by replacing my 707s with the C809s and my cheap Sony sub for the C80 sub.

I've very happy with all my Jamo's and have a sense of loyalty to the brand, much like one might be a Ford or a Chevy guy.

I also have a pair of 507's, an E8CEN, and a pair of SAT300II

·
Registered
116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xberto /forum/post/13760414

My 7.1 system currently consists of:

Jamo 707 (fronts identical to the D590)

Jamo C80 CEN

Jamo C80 SUR for surround and backs

I soon hope to complete the C80 series by replacing my 707s with the C809s and my cheap Sony sub for the C80 sub.

I've very happy with all my Jamo's and have a sense of loyalty to the brand, much like one might be a Ford or a Chevy guy.

I also have a pair of 507's, an E8CEN, and a pair of SAT300II

When you upgrade to the C809's you will be very happy. These things sound AMAZING!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a Jamo A 10 series (with Sub 200) connected to a Denon AVR-1306

Please could you help me with the crossover I need to set on the Denon as well as the crossover I need to set on the sub to get very good quality bass efect.

Please help with the ideal settings for the following:

Cut off frequency (Hz) .................................... 40HZ-150HZ

Phase : 0-180

Volume: Min to Max

The Jamo sub is kept on the floor.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju1998 /forum/post/13803620

I have a Jamo A 10 series (with Sub 200) connected to a Denon AVR-1306

Please could you help me with the crossover I need to set on the Denon as well as the crossover I need to set on the sub to get very good quality bass efect.

Please help with the ideal settings for the following:

Cut off frequency (Hz) .................................... 40HZ-150HZ

Phase : 0-180

Volume: Min to Max

The Jamo sub is kept on the floor.

Thanks.

It depends on what music you are listening to and what kind of bass you like.

The default crossover freq. on my Yamaha receiver was 80hz and I found that to be too low for some electronic dance music. So I set it to 120hz and now I get a lot more bass out of a sub (I have SUB 250). Obviously that means I have to set cut off freq. on the sub to around 120hz.

With phase you have to experiment. I set mine to 180 - all the way to the right because at 0 I get very little bass when I'm in my normal listening position.

So basically you should just sit/stand at your favourite listening position and change phase. See where sub bass is the loudest, then leave it there.

My volume is exactly at halfway point.

With a bit of work and experimenting you should be able to get the desired bass out of a sub.

·
Registered
46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardstyler /forum/post/13818462

It depends on what music you are listening to and what kind of bass you like.

The default crossover freq. on my Yamaha receiver was 80hz and I found that to be too low for some electronic dance music. So I set it to 120hz and now I get a lot more bass out of a sub (I have SUB 250). Obviously that means I have to set cut off freq. on the sub to around 120hz.

With phase you have to experiment. I set mine to 180 - all the way to the right because at 0 I get very little bass when I'm in my normal listening position.

So basically you should just sit/stand at your favourite listening position and change phase. See where sub bass is the loudest, then leave it there.

My volume is exactly at halfway point.

With a bit of work and experimenting you should be able to get the desired bass out of a sub.

Realistically you could not use any cutoff and send the entire music signal to the sub. After all, the large driver won't even react to the higher frequencies. For that matter, many speaker designs don't even use a cross-over on bass drivers. They just have a capacitor in front of the tweeter to prevent the low frequencies from destroying the small driver.

·
Registered
1 Posts
there is very little on the net about above mentioned. Can get it brand new for reasonable price however don't know what to expect. My room is 22x18x11, Denon 3808 for receiver.

Any info/opinions pls?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

I've recently scored a Jamo E7 surround sound speaker system (E750's, E7 sub, E7 surrounds etc) and can find very little information/reviews on them.

As this is my first home theatre system, i'd like to find out peoples thoughts? Is it a reasonable speaker system? I've connected it to a Yamaha 661 amp and I "feel" like the speakers need some more power?

If anybody has Jamo E7's, any news, feedback or opinions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepflower1974 /forum/post/13960509

Hi

I've recently scored a Jamo E7 surround sound speaker system (E750's, E7 sub, E7 surrounds etc) and can find very little information/reviews on them.

As this is my first home theatre system, i'd like to find out peoples thoughts? Is it a reasonable speaker system? I've connected it to a Yamaha 661 amp and I "feel" like the speakers need some more power?

If anybody has Jamo E7's, any news, feedback or opinions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, I also have E750 and E7 center and I'm satisfied

You have reviews on jamo site under the discontinued products section

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, everyone.

I have a Jamo HC3 6 5.1 speaker set. I need to fix the spikes on the front spears (S606), but I am unable to figure out how. I could not follow the illustrations in the user manual, which has no text descriptions whatsoever. If someone has been able to fix the spikes on a Jamo speaker set, please let me know how to do it. Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferozh /forum/post/14135931

Hello, everyone.

I have a Jamo HC3 6 5.1 speaker set. I need to fix the spikes on the front spears (S606), but I am unable to figure out how. I could not follow the illustrations in the user manual, which has no text descriptions whatsoever. If someone has been able to fix the spikes on a Jamo speaker set, please let me know how to do it. Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

i got mine fixed from jamo itself, they normally come & do the installation for u but it looked pretty easy, u have to screw the plate first below the speakers,

they provide u with the screws, after putting the plate the spikes just go in the plate holes, its pretty easy,

cheers...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, insane79. Unfortunately, I don't live in the same place as it was bought in. I didn't find any holes under the speaker to put the screws in. The only thing this means is that I must drill them in. But I am wary about doing such violence to the speakers. I would like to fix those spikes, but I want to be sure I am doing it right. In any case, what do the spikes do apart from holding up the speakers, because they seem to stand firm without them as well.

Thanks, again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm sorry. I did find them after looking closely. I must be going blind. But I would still like to know if they are there only to add to the stability.

·
Registered
174 Posts
the spikes are good if u have a carpet floor, for normal floors they are pretty useless, they do give it a cool look factor for u to show off to ur frds ;-)

u should install them its easy, just screw the plate under the speakers in the holes, DO NOT DRILL any holes that might damage things. after fixin the plate just

put the spikes in the holes of the plates, its simple, it raises the speakers too by a 1-2 inches.

cheers..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought Jamo's 5.1 package which includes

- S 606 floorstander x2

- S 60 CEN

- S 60 surround x 2

- SUB 550 subwoofer (550W/10''/26-150Hz)

I have to say, dark apple looks damn nice together with shiny piano black. Speakers are connected to Harman Kardon AVR-255, so now I can finally start enjoying those true HD sounds!

·
Registered
174 Posts
^^ sweet man, i got the same speaker package except i got the sub250, the sub 550 must be ground breaking :) hows the bass???

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hey guys I was just wondering how yuou like your C60's?

I was thinking of picking up a set just to check out dipole surrounds to see if I like that type of speakers.

cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to the forum, I have a great Jamo setup, and it sounds great. I have the Jamo D870, D SUR, D Center, powered by an Acurus A150X5 amp, Acurus ACT3 pre-amp with the 7.1 upgrade. Its a great setup for DVD-Audio. I had the older Concert 11 speakers, I had problems with one of the speaker, I sent the speaker in for service, they were not able to fix it, so they sent me a brand new set! They sent me the D870's. I was floored, every since I have been a loyal Jamo customer. I'm currently looking to buy the Jamo Sub 650, has anybody heard that sub?

61 - 80 of 5982 Posts