AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 8573 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Would the SU-GW1 stand be able to support the weight of the 960? I know it's not as deep, but this stand seems to be the best one out there when it comes to holding all my components.

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

Quote:
Could anyone give a short explanation of what the integrated HD tuner means (now and in the future) for me, a DirectTV user (can't give up the NFL ticket)?

You will immediately be able to pick up OTA digital stations in your area. If I'm not mistaken, the new D* HD box will have an integrated tuner thus negating the advantage of the integrated tuner. Who knows which tuner will perform better once you have the chance to do an A/B comparison. With both you will need an antenna and the best source to determine which is best for your area is:

http://www.antennaweb.org

To perform your A/B comparison (which is what I think your asking in your last paragraph) you need to split your antenna feed into your D* box and the antenna input on the 960. From the input selection menu you will be able to switch between the two.

Cheers

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Tomorrow I will post (to the web address at the top of this thread) the new low price of the KD-34xbr960 after I confirm with the dealer the price and details. This deal should set the benchmark.

·
Registered
857 Posts
can't wait . Tell him you have a lot of friends that will do business with him..
thx

Quote:
Originally posted by spider4re
Tomorrow I will post (to the web address at the top of this thread) the new low price of the KD-34xbr960 after I confirm with the dealer the price and details. This deal should set the benchmark.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by spider4re
You will immediately be able to pick up OTA digital stations in your area. If I'm not mistaken, the new D* HD box will have an integrated tuner thus negating the advantage of the integrated tuner. Who knows which tuner will perform better once you have the chance to do an A/B comparison. With both you will need an antenna and the best source to determine which is best for your area is:

http://www.antennaweb.org

To perform your A/B comparison (which is what I think your asking in your last paragraph) you need to split your antenna feed into your D* box and the antenna input on the 960. From the input selection menu you will be able to switch between the two.

Cheers

And if one of them would be smart enough to a firewire output you'd be able to watch a show in HD and record one to see later, instead of having to choose which to see in HD and which in crappy video.

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
the dealer does not have them in stock yet but I could suggest two other dealers (both in NJ) that should match that price. Delivery is another story. If you want the info just email me from the website. Don't forget these guys dont charge sales tax.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I bought my HS10 from them .. Great people . I guess Ill be buying xbr960 from them as well lool

As for Tax, if I can get the same price from someone in NJ I will go with them . I think shipping charge will be very close to NJ tax .

·
Registered
23,806 Posts
The integrated tuner will also allow HD P-I-P along with your D* box.

Anyone have an "in-store" date yet? Will BB likely carry it or only CC? (I've got a boatload of BB Gift cards I'd like to use)

·
Registered
180 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by CPanther95

Anyone have an "in-store" date yet? Will BB likely carry it or only CC? (I've got a boatload of BB Gift cards I'd like to use)

Tweeter said they would be in their warehouse by July 9th. Sonystyle site said they will have them by July 2nd. CC had not a clue.

These are not necessarily in store dates, however.

I doubt BB will carry them because my understanding is they can't carry the XBR line. They never carried the 910. CC has the XBR line, however.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I recently asked Circuit City if I can buy the 960 when it enters their systems. They said I can and I dont have to wait untill it hits their stores....As soon as the 960 clears the warehouse, purchase is viable... I am getting really excited.

Ladies and Gentleman....

LESS THAN A MONTH TO GO!!!!!

I plan to use their 18 month financing deal. How easy is it to get credit from them? I do have Good credit. My annual salary isnt too high though. I was able to get 2200 from best buy though a few years ago...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Does CC have a price yet? It concerns me that since they are giving a free stand away with the 910, but not with the 960, the total price will be the same. So the 960 really isn't cheaper when you look at it that way.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Jamison, I think they're flexible so long as you haven't stiffed anyone and since they want to sell the TV.

Ed, we probably have to accept the fact that the price of the 910 including freebies will continue to drop as the 960's become available, so the 960 shouldn't be cheaper than the 910 since it has the tuner, etc.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Actually Sony has lowered the MSRP on several of their TVs compared to the previous models. So I think it is reasonable to expect prices to come down even though more features are added. Plus since all TVs above a certain size will need to have the tuner by a certain date, so it makes sense that the per unit cost of such a feature will drop. Anyway, I just wish Sony would continue to include a stand with the 960. Obviously with a TV that heavy, there aren't many other options, which is why I think they started offering the stand with the 910 and 800 originally.

·
Registered
47 Posts
For Canadians who, like me, are interested getting in this TV, I thought I'd relay some unsavoury info I learned today. I talked briefly with a salesman at Fairview Mall's Sony Store in Toronto today, and he is not expecting to receive the XBR960 until November/December. This seems to jive with what I learned today from several other stores in Toronto, most of which had no knowledge about the new model. Not to mention the fact that it isn't listed yet on Sonystyle.ca

I don't know whether or not this has any bearing on the XBR960's expected availability in the US. Either way, for Canadians looking to buy this TV from a local dealer, it looks like it's still a fairly long way off.

*sigh*

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's definitely something worth looking into, assuming I can get it for less than or equal to the cost of a 910 here. In any case, I just wanted to post my findings for the benefit of others, that's all.

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
My dealer in jersey said his dist. was going to have "a few" for him within 10 days. For those of you who pm'd & emailed me, you might want to check to see if you can grab one.

Cheers

21 - 40 of 8573 Posts