AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 3710 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe a little early, but I know at least one other person that already got this TV, and I have one at home now too.

I have the 60" version.

I'm hoping some of the video guru's out there will get this set, test it, and come up with a great setting that I can use! I'm not great with that kind of stuff, so right now I'm just using the Standard setting, with the backlight all the way up and 120hz on for gaming and sports / off for movies (unless it's a documentary style).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Congrats for your new TV.

Any impressions concerning fast movement in games and also movies in blu-ray?

Any clouds visible in dark scenes?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Looks like there is already a firmware update for this model. Update at your own risk........

Does not look like a major update.

Results For KDL-60EX700

"Sony has designed the BRAVIA® Televisions software update process to be customer friendly. This software update (version PKG1.077AAL) provides the following benefit:

* Resolves an issue where the TV's clock may reset and the electronic program guide information may not be synchronized with the actual time."

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does your new sony have separate controls for motion blur and dejudder like samsung does? Are you able to turn dejudder off and still get the benefits of 120 hz, or is dejudder blundled with the 120hz like last year?

thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmichel04 /forum/post/18147496

Congrats for your new TV.

Any impressions concerning fast movement in games and also movies in blu-ray?

Any clouds visible in dark scenes?

I play Modern Warfare 2, and it is absolutely beautiful. I can't discern any "input lag." I'm no professional though.

Blu Ray's are gorgeous as well. The blacks are deep, the whites are bright. I have the settings set to Standard so it hasn't been calibrated, I'm sure there's room for improvement.

I haven't noticed the "clouding" effect, but maybe it's because I'm not looking for it. It doesn't stand out to me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwb1921 /forum/post/18147583

Looks like there is already a firmware update for this model. Update at your own risk........

Does not look like a major update.

Results For KDL-60EX700

"Sony has designed the BRAVIA® Televisions software update process to be customer friendly. This software update (version PKG1.077AAL) provides the following benefit:

* Resolves an issue where the TV's clock may reset and the electronic program guide information may not be synchronized with the actual time."

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpplasma /forum/post/18147661

Does your new sony have separate controls for motion blur and dejudder like samsung does? Are you able to turn dejudder off and still get the benefits of 120 hz, or is dejudder blundled with the 120hz like last year?

thanks

There isn't any dejudder control. It's only Motionflow control, and it can be set to either Standard, High or Off.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
2K8CivicSI...you may be the lone wolf for a while but I look forward following this thread, you're comments, and the additional pictures you are planning to post...buddy

·
Registered
31 Posts
I plan to buy either the 40" EX700 or the NX700. Has anyone seen these side by side? NX700 list is $300 more than the EX700.

Most features are the same except:

ex700

"S-Master" ????

Ambient Sensor

Wireless LAN "Ready"

2 component inputs

HDMI PC Yes

32.9 lbs. w/out pedestal

Presence Sensor

nx700

Deep Black Panel ????

Wireless LAN

"Upward Style" ????

1 component input

HDMI PC Yes (see owner's manual for supported timings) ???

uses 2 watts more power

42.9 lbs. w/out pedestal

Internet widgets

LightSensor Technology

I don't think I care about the internet widgets, but the built in wifi on the NX700 is appealing. Biggest question for me is the "Deep Black Panel" on the NX, and the nearly 10 lb. weight difference. Does anyone know what "Deep Black Panel" is? Could it account for the greater weight?

·
Registered
123 Posts
The suspicion is (although not confirmed) is that the NX series could utilize UV2A panels. If this proves to be true than the extra $300 is well worth it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hey CIVIC, would you mind taking an up close pic of your TV and seeing if the pixel structure is similar to this:

Up close pixel structure picture of the UV2A panel used in Sharp's new LX series (japan only for now):

·
Registered
208 Posts
Went to Costco today and I saw the Ex701 on display. Same TV as the EX700. It looked very nice. I did see however that the screen does dim when the screen gets dark as is known with Edge lit LED tv's. Also worth noting is the TV cost 200 hundred less at costco then I saw the EX700 price at the Sonystyle store.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
"Sony calls the LCD panels used in its HX800 models Deep Black Panel. Its employs a special low reflection non-glare coated panel for improved contrast with minimum glare.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobC1983 /forum/post/18153968

Hey CIVIC, would you mind taking an up close pic of your TV and seeing if the pixel structure is similar to this:

Up close pixel structure picture of the UV2A panel used in Sharp's new LX series (japan only for now):

I tried taking pictures, but my camera (Sony DSC-T20), doesn't show that much detail!

Visually looking at it, the pixels do look similar to that picture. Blue, Green, Red rows vertically, small like that. I don't know what else to really look for. The pixels look pretty much the same too.

I did take some pictures of some of the menu settings, and same with the remote but those didn't come out so good. I'll post them in a second - just need to upload them to photobucket.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Crappy remote pics, but I guess you get the idea;

This is the best I could get from my camera of the pixels;

Please don't tell me about my crappy photography skills, unfortunately they didn't teach me that during my finance classes.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk.secret23 /forum/post/18157857

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you need to change those settings

Thanks for the pictures btw!

No problem buddy.

My camera has settings?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I just want to know about its motion resolution.

btw, the tv looks nice.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk.secret23 /forum/post/18157918

No, I meant the television settings.

Well then! You're absolutely right though, it's set at Standard, basically the same way it was out of the box. I think the only thing I did was turn up the backlight.

Just waiting for one of our TV guru's to figure out some good settings.

1 - 20 of 3710 Posts