AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 5227 Posts

·
Vendor
31,866 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I was looking at the 50" J and K 550 at Visions on Sunday...neither have edge to edge glass. The design is very nice..the picture on the K is ok but it is not a Panasonic.

·
Registered
103 Posts
just got it, 30 mins after using, there's a white line that goes along the bottem. Talk about bulls**t!!! Looks like i'll be returning this back to sears tommarow. I was hoping to try this as my first plasma after being the owner of 3 previous LCD's and have had good luck with them. I dont even want to exchange it. I'll just keep my old tv and get my money back. This really put a bad taste in my mouth concerning plasma tvs now. I had a feeling this would happen after reading all the problems with plasmas. From the burn in, buzzing and now this white line ********.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by borcth /forum/post/18326229

just got it, 30 mins after using, there's a white line that goes along the bottem. Talk about bulls**t!!! Looks like i'll be returning this back to sears tommarow. I was hoping to try this as my first plasma after being the owner of 3 previous LCD's and have had good luck with them. I dont even want to exchange it. I'll just keep my old tv and get my money back. This really put a bad taste in my mouth concerning plasma tvs now. I had a feeling this would happen after reading all the problems with plasmas. From the burn in, buzzing and now this white line ********.

LCD does not compare to Plasma...... you sir have a defective TV.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yea, i'll return it and go from there. Maybe exchange for same set or another model/brand.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I just picked up one and it's sitting in the back of my van. I'm thinking this afternoon will drag until I can go home and set it up. Pictures to follow if anyone wants, or I'll let CP handle that aspect. I'm hoping to get mine wall mounted tonight, but we'll see how much time I have since my wife is working second shift tonight.

·
Registered
147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perpetual98 /forum/post/18329164

I just picked up one and it's sitting in the back of my van. I'm thinking this afternoon will drag until I can go home and set it up. Pictures to follow if anyone wants, or I'll let CP handle that aspect. I'm hoping to get mine wall mounted tonight, but we'll see how much time I have since my wife is working second shift tonight.

congrats on the purchase man, definitely share pics the more the better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got this TV (LG 50PK550) last night. My wife and I hear an annoying buzzing sound while it's on. The buzzing is loudest when you first turn the screen on. This is my first plasma TV so I can't compare the buzzing sound to other plasmas.

The TV itself looks great, my TV has two flaws where the bezel and glass meet. There seems to be a little dot of glue on the glass that dripped from the bezel. The bezel on the lower left hand looks to be scratched on the top, you can only see it if you're standing real close. The bezel loves finger prints, and it tries to collect as many can it can.

I used the built-in calibration tool. The screen looked great, I didn't have any issues with the colors or contrast levels. I used the played Xbox for about 2.5 hrs, and could see some IR when I stopped. I turned the TV on this morning can could still the retained words. The IR disappeared after watching TV for a few mins (less then 30). Again this is my first plasma screen so I don't know if this is what's normal or expected.

We called Sears so that we can return the TV, the buzzing sound is too annoying to accept.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw1164 /forum/post/18334661

I got this TV (LG 50PK550) last night. My wife and I hear an annoying buzzing sound while it's on. The buzzing is loudest when you first turn the screen on. This is my first plasma TV so I can't compare the buzzing sound to other plasmas.

The TV itself looks great, my TV has two flaws where the bezel and glass meet. There seems to be a little dot of glue on the glass that dripped from the bezel. The bezel on the lower left hand looks to be scratched on the top, you can only see it if you're standing real close. The bezel loves finger prints, and it tries to collect as many can it can.

I used the built-in calibration tool. The screen looked great, I didn't have any issues with the colors or contrast levels. I used the played Xbox for about 2.5 hrs, and could see some IR when I stopped. I turned the TV on this morning can could still the retained words. The IR disappeared after watching TV for a few mins (less then 30). Again this is my first plasma screen so I don't know if this is what's normal or expected.

We called Sears so that we can return the TV, the buzzing sound is too annoying to accept.

At what number of feet from the TV, can you still hear the buzzing?

·
Registered
850 Posts
I got mine set up last night and didn't hear any buzzing after the initial buzz that occurred within the first couple seconds of turning it on the first time. In all fairness though, I hooked up my Xbox to it and was streaming music through it while I was painting the room that the TV is in, so it's possible the it was buzzing and I just didn't notice it.

There is quite a bit of glare/reflection on the glass, but I'm hoping that I just get used to it. I'm sure I'll be spending more time plopped in front of it this coming weekend.

Here are some pictures for youz guyz...

The stand right out of the box..

A straight-on shot...

A straight-on shot with no flash so you can see the glare/reflection better...

Another shot...

·
Registered
59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw1164 /forum/post/18334661

I saw one of these at my local Sears and was STUNNED by how loud the buzzing was. This was in the late afternoon so the set had probably been on for hours. I could hear it from 8 - 10 ft away in a very open and somewhat noisy display area. Sounded like an old fluorescent lamp with a bad ballast. I had never heard a plasma buzz this loud before. Buzz aside, the picture was very good on the set.

daj

1 - 20 of 5227 Posts