AVS Forum banner

3221 - 3240 of 5191 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I am having some issues with my SR7008. In some cases i can hear distortion from my center speaker, this is mainly on male voices.
I have isolated this issue to the "Dynamic volume" setting, when it's swithced off i can hear no distortion.
Has anyone else experienced this?! :eek:
Yes. I wrote a similar post not long ago. Someone recommended a fix by powering off the receiver, but I'm happy just turning off Dynamic Volume.

·
Registered
319 Posts
^^
Ah, ok, thank you JD, that makes sense. I wonder if something like an Apple TV could connect to the Marantz as a video source and then watching Netflix via that Apple TV would have the GUI overlay?

UPDATE: now running Netflix through an app that's on one of my blu-ray players, and GUI works :)
Yes and depending on your TV that may be the preferred method of doing that for other reasons as well. E.g. in one setup I'm streaming Netflix through a Sony BDP and last night I noticed that the sound was 5.1 Dolby Digital +. However if using TV and ARC or S/PDIF for sound it may pass surround to receiver or some TVs only output 2 channel sound.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
197 Posts
When should the IP scaler be turned on? My cable provider broadcasts in 1080I and 720p. I'm assuming it would never be turned on for blu rays

·
Registered
26 Posts
SR6008, wireless adaptor and Airplay

Just wanted to share my experience of getting my SR6008 connected to my network. I really wanted to be able to stream music from my android phone and tablet but it wasn't really possible to have a permanent LAN connection to my router. I initially hoped to use a redundant router/modem connected to the SR6008's LAN port and run in bridge mode but the router/modem wouldn't support this so them I took the advice on the Marantz website and bought a Netgear WNCE20001 wi-fi adapter. I'm really pleased with is adapter. It was relatively cheap (equivalent of $55) and its small and unobtrusive. The SR6008 has Airplay, which is a Apple protocol but I found an android app called "MagicPlay" which will stream from android devices to Airplay devices. It works really well for me. I've now also got access to internet radio which is a bonus. :cool:

·
Registered
549 Posts
SR5008 as prepro

Hi All--

I recently passed on a great deal on some PSB towers because my current Denon AVR591 couldn't adequately drive them properly. This has motivated me to take another approach to upgrading my admittedly humble setup, and find a receiver with the requisite pre-outs so I can add a stereo power amp that will then offer me a lot of flexibility when shopping for LCR speakers down the road. After some research, the SR5008 seems to offer all I need. I love that it has MultiEQXT, which is an upgrade from the old Denon, and of course the pre-outs I want. I'd love to hear from anyone who's driving an amp with the 5008--which amp, what wattage and any issues that may have been encountered. A4L has a great price right now--I have no issues with refurbs with the one year warranty and shop and buy used all the time. Thanks for any info and advice.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Hi All--

..After some research, the SR5008 seems to offer all I need. I love that it has MultiEQXT, which is an upgrade from the old Denon, and of course the pre-outs I want...
If you're interested in room correction by Audyssey, the step up XT32 is the right one to get according to technical addendum article written by AVS member Keith Barnes here: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/795421-official-audyssey-thread-faq-post-51779-a-1726.html#addendum1

If you can grab the Denon 4311 on audiogon it has the pre-outs, Audyssey XT32 and more powerful amps to to drive 4 ohm speakers. Keep an eye out for those wanting to upgrade and you can grab a great deal.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hey guys. I just bought a sub! I spent 10 calibrations without a sub getting my sound to something I love. Now with a sub I am afraid I won't get this sound from my speakers again, I have the settings saved on my computer. Is it possible to somehow just run audyseey for my sub when I get it and than load the saved speaker settings or do I have to do the whole thing over again and hope the frequencies match up similar.

·
Registered
197 Posts
ok thanks, and before I forget, right now I am bi-amped on my fronts and on my back two speakers which are my surrounds I have the gold plates on ( they are towers also). When I hook up my sub I assume I leave the gold plates on the back speakers and unplug one set of two wires from the fronts and attach the plates on the front with one set of wires only. Is this correct?

·
Registered
197 Posts
^^
The AVR is only capable of using "Bi-amp" for the FL/FR speakers so unclear as to how you have the surrounds bi-amped as well. Also, when bi-amping the gold jumper plate should not be used. Also, unclear as to why you feel adding a sub is going to change your "bi-amp" configuration.
No sorry, just my fronts are bi amped. There is one set of wires connected to the backs with plates. The fronts have no plates and two sets of wires. So I assume when I add my sub I am removing one set of wires from each front and adding back the gold plates? Or do I leave them as is now, bi-amped with no plates.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I appreciate your help. I just still am confused on my speaker wire set up moving forward. I dont want to blow anything. Currently front have four wires and no plates. Backs/ surround have one set of wires and plates. What will i want to have with the sub. I have it ready to set up. Leave the fronts with 4 wires and no plates?

·
Premium Member
88,021 Posts
^^
You should have purchased a "powered" sub which plugs in to the wall and is connected to the AVR's sub pre-out (in yellow below) with a coax digital cable. You don't want a sub with just speaker post connections. Use of a coax digital cable would then have nothing to do with your speaker wire "bi-amp" connection of the FL/FR speakers.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
^^
You should have purchased a "powered" sub which plugs in to the wall and is connected to the AVR's sub pre-out (in yellow below) with a coax digital cable. You don't want a sub with just speaker post connections. Use of a coax digital cable would then have nothing to do with your speaker wire "bi-amp" connection of the FL/FR speakers.

Yes I got the PB 1000 by SVS.Just learning, should be good to go ha.. Thank you sir! Time to wake up the neighbors

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've searched this numerous times with no luck so I'm gonna ask and sorry if it's a repeat.

Sr7008 hard wired to my router. Try to update and unit shuts off during authentication on its own. When it restarts it says connection failure 0E so I reset the unit twice and try again with same results.

Also if I go extended periods of time without using the remote app function I will have to unplug and plug in the Ethernet cable for it to recognize the connection is available.

Help

3221 - 3240 of 5191 Posts