AVS Forum banner

5201 - 5220 of 5231 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I have been using a 7008 for aabout 5 years. I am finally upgrading to a 4K TV.

For some reason I thought this unit did not support 4K, but I've seen specs that it does. Have foks been happy with this unit for 4K?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I have been using a 7008 for aabout 5 years. I am finally upgrading to a 4K TV.

For some reason I thought this unit did not support 4K, but I've seen specs that it does. Have foks been happy with this unit for 4K?
They anticipated that it was going to be able to handle 4K, but then the HDMI folks changed the HDMI version, so now it doesn't. This is the non technical explanation!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
They anticipated that it was going to be able to handle 4K, but then the HDMI folks changed the HDMI version, so now it doesn't. This is the non technical explanation!
That pretty much makes my decision. I opened my own thread covering this and a couple other topics. I'll update it with this new knowledge.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I'm confused about where to plug a Logitech Blue tooth to feed audio to my 7008. It came with a RCA to 3.55 cable. I know I had it in there at one time and wanat to put it back in, but I don't see any 3.5 jacks, except for 1 labeled Flasher, and 2 labeled DC Out.

Maybe I'm delirious.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I'm confused about where to plug a Logitech Blue tooth to feed audio to my 7008. It came with a RCA to 3.55 cable. I know I had it in there at one time and wanat to put it back in, but I don't see any 3.5 jacks, except for 1 labeled Flasher, and 2 labeled DC Out.

Maybe I'm delirious.
Just use RCA to RCA cables instead of the 3.5 plug one.

·
Premium Member
89,662 Posts

Maybe I'm delirious.
The RCA cable would have to be plugged in to an RCA audio "output" which would be either the Media Player, Zone 2, or Zone 3.

Capture.PNG

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I believe you are correct. It has a Port for a blue tooth adapter, but without it there is no blue tooth.

I am certain that the BT unit I have was plugged in with the RCA to 3.5 worked, because I used it. I pulled everything out to Istall my replacement reciever. I never thought I'd have trouble figuring out where to plug that in , so I paid no attention to where it was plugged in. Now that I have it out I only see a couple 3.5 jacks, and I don know think they are audio in ports. I'm not h home now or I'd list what they are labeled as.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi how do I enable 5.1 output based on 2 channel source? I use dts neo x under movie mode but the display shows only 4 channel without the subwoofer.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Hi how do I enable 5.1 output based on 2 channel source? I use dts neo x under movie mode but the display shows only 4 channel without the subwoofer.
If it is not showing the subwoofer that means it does not see a subwoofer. Go back to audio set up to check.

·
Premium Member
89,662 Posts
If the sub was configured properly when you ran Audyssey Setup, you should be able to use either Dolby PLII or DTS Neo:X for audio to be simulated to the additional speakers and the sub.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If it is not showing the subwoofer that means it does not see a subwoofer. Go back to audio set up to check.
If the sub was configured properly when you ran Audyssey Setup, you should be able to use either Dolby PLII or DTS Neo:X for audio to be simulated to the additional speakers and the sub.
Thanks. It's working now. Previously it was just LFE only for some reason. Now its LFE+Main.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If your Front L/R speakers are set to SMALL/80Hz (as recommended), then LFE and LFE+MAIN would produce the same results.
I am running my aging B&W 804D2 as Front L/R. Currently its labelled as Large in Audyssey. Should I adjust it to small? In the evenings, I do watch without the sub and can hear subtle bass from the speakers.

·
Premium Member
89,662 Posts
I am running my aging B&W 804D2 as Front L/R. Currently its labelled as Large in Audyssey. Should I adjust it to small? In the evenings, I do watch without the sub and can hear subtle bass from the speakers.
Yes. Although it's your setup and you're of course welcome to continue using LARGE, whenever there is a dedicated sub in the setup, even the Audyssey co-founder recommends setting the Front L/R to SMALL/80Hz.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi
I have a home theater set up with Marantz sr7008 receiver, JVC DLA 4900 projector, apple TV. 4k. The HDMI out on the receiver has stopped working. checked the cables and they are working fine. the audio is working fine. Initially tried to use a few HDMI audio extracter routing the audio to the receiver and connecting the apple tv directly to the projector. However the video signal to the projector is messed up with a green screen. Ended up using a 2 nd generation apple TV which has optical audio out connecting the audio out to the receiver and apple tv directly to the projector.
I do want to use the apple TV 4K ( need some new apps including you tube TV).
Do i have any options.
1. Any media streamers with audio out. later generation amazon fire, roku and apple have no audio out.
2. can i just buy a cheap receiver and some how route the audio ( PRE OUT) to my existing receiver.
my set up is 7.1 for audio
thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I have a question regarding the Marantz sr6008. Is it possible to have a 5.1 installation in one zone/room and 4 speakers in an other zone/room ? I just need these 4 speakers to play the same music. All the information I have found mention only mention 2 speakers in the second zone.

Thanks

5201 - 5220 of 5231 Posts