AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2741 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its so close.. Marantz says they will have the first units here end of next week..


I am so excited about this new receiver.. Great Specs and awesome looks..


I attached some PDF's


Craig

 

7005.pdf 280.849609375k . file
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
That is great news! I was told Sept. 7, are you getting one soon?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
To bad it doesn't have MultEQ XT-32.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
Same here - it's on my short list. The others are the Denon 4311 and Integra DTR-70.2.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
I'm thinking of going from Rotel separates to the SR7005 to take advantage of the new features I currently don't have such as HDMI 1.4, Audyssey, better video processor and the ability to stream music from the internet.


The question is do you guys think I'll lose out on sound quality going this route? Never had a Marantz before.


Thanks,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Why not purchase the AV7005? Its the same electronics, just in a pre-amp version...then you can still use your (excellent) Rotel amp and just swap the preamp. Alternatively, you could buy the SR7005 and use the pre-outs to your amp...then you could compare the sound out of both!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,609 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hery19 /forum/post/19070765


I'm thinking of going from Rotel separates to the SR7005 to take advantage of the new features I currently don't have such as HDMI 1.4, Audyssey, better video processor and the ability to stream music from the internet.


The question is do you guys think I'll lose out on sound quality going this route? Never had a Marantz before.


Thanks,

I too am thinking about going to either the AV or SR7005 from my Rotel RSX-1055 and wondering if I'll miss the Rotel's sound to get all the latest tech my Rotel is sorely lacking.


How will the video scaler compare to the DVDO Edge which also uses an Anchor Bay chipset? Does it have a gaming mode?


Also curious how the Phono Stage is on these units vs. a cheaper stand alone one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
I'm having issues with my current amp (RMB-1077), that's the main reason of going with the receiver instead of the processor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
Hopefully somebody that gets one soon can tell us the differences. I used to have a 1055, very good receiver.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,546 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
It's supposed to be a 7 channel amp but I think you can connect the height and wide speakers and power them with amps thru the pre outs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hery19 /forum/post/19091821


It's supposed to be a 7 channel amp but I think you can connect the height and wide speakers and power them with amps thru the pre outs.

Did you look at the rear pic???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
Yes I did, did I miss something?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,853 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hery19 /forum/post/19103676


Yes I did, did I miss something?

Yup, look on the right side and above the main bank of speaker outs -- there are front height and wide speaker terminals. Hmmm...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
Yes, I see that, his question was if it is has 7, 9, or 11 channel amp, and all the literature says it has 7 amp channels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,853 Posts
Sorry, I guess we crossed wires. You said yes using preamp outputs, but there are clearly speaker terminals on the back panel for the extra channels, implying there are extra amps. Hopefully there'll be "real" literature on their website soon. - Don
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
Ya, it's cool, what I was trying to say is that you could power those with an external amp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 /forum/post/19104277


Sorry, I guess we crossed wires. You said yes using preamp outputs, but there are clearly speaker terminals on the back panel for the extra channels, implying there are extra amps. Hopefully there'll be "real" literature on their website soon. - Don

I'm not sure why they put the wire terminals separately, but I believe you'll be able to select which ONE set of them to play through at any given time. Actually I believe they have all three as terminals so that the Audyssey setup can be entirely (mostly) automated. That way as long as you hook up the speakers to the right terminals, it doesn't have to rely on you telling it whether you have front high, front wide, or rear surrounds as your extra 2 channels. I say this because this is the way Onkyo does it.
 
1 - 20 of 2741 Posts
Top