AVS Forum banner

6281 - 6300 of 6809 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
I mean that the current hardware may not support software controlled trigger out. If the hardware supports it, of course the software could be programmed to switch it using presets or inputs.
Hardware supports it. Trigger control feature has been on my wish list (sent to Monoprice) for some time.

·
Registered
909 Posts
HTP-1 Release Notes, version 1.8.1

Changes

• When the HTP-1 is powered off with FAST START set to off, the HTP-1 will power off again on the next power up. This has been fixed.
  • Added a link on the SYSTEM tab in the ‘Support Tools’ section to review ‘system power event log’. This is helpful for identifying the cause of an unexpected wake up of the HTP-1 from sleep. This is particularly helpful if a CEC device among many is misbehaving.

·
Registered
909 Posts
That would be very handy, especially if it were flexible. For my purposes, it would be great to be able to specify by preset.
I'm thinking maybe something like this:
  • All inputs have selection for each trigger in their advanced config and all are enabled by default. User can then disable/enable desired triggers for that input and those settings are stored.
  • There is a separate trigger setup page that allows manual trigger control and those commands can also programmed to preset macros.
  • There is also default trigger setting for power-on. This could also include 1-2 second sequencing.

Does this cover all?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Let me see if I understand what you are saying. You use the smartphone as the Roon controller. The music resides on the Synology, which is on your local network. The HTP-1 is also on the local network. So when you select a song using the Roon interface on the smartphone, the song is streamed from the Synology to the HTP-1 over the network, correct? I don't believe you mentioned that the Synology is connected to the HTP-1 using a direct connection like HDMI.

Wilbur, do you find the direct connection to the HTP-1 produces better audio than sending over the network, or is it difficult to tell the difference?
That's also the way I have it running and I couldn't be happier. I use the NAS to host the actual music files as well as run the Roon Sever app. Since the NAS is headless, you will have to setup the app via your laptop, computer, tablet etc. Once setup, you can then control it's 'output' via any of your connected devices and choose which songs you want playing on which endpoints. I never shut down my NAS so my Roon Server is always up and hosting music. I saw that you plan on using Roon with a streaming service, which is great, but part of the beauty of Roon is how it presents your own music files from your personal collection. It makes hyperlinks and connections between your artists and connections in ways you never thought possible. For example, you might provide it a simple flac file for a single song and it will pull all of the metadata for the album, album review, cover artwork, similar artists, other songs made by the same composer, etc. By feeding it your library, you can help Roon figure out your interests and jumpstart your exploration.

·
Registered
56 Posts
  • All inputs have selection for each trigger in their advanced config and all are enabled by default. User can then disable/enable desired triggers for that input and those settings are stored.
  • There is a separate trigger setup page that allows manual trigger control and those commands can also programmed to preset macros.
  • There is also default trigger setting for power-on. This could also include 1-2 second sequencing.
Does this cover all?
Yep.... pretty much nails it!!

·
Registered
230 Posts

Changes

• When the HTP-1 is powered off with FAST START set to off, the HTP-1 will power off again on the next power up. This has been fixed.
  • Added a link on the SYSTEM tab in the ‘Support Tools’ section to review ‘system power event log’. This is helpful for identifying the cause of an unexpected wake up of the HTP-1 from sleep. This is particularly helpful if a CEC device among many is misbehaving.
Nice! Do you know if I can go from 1.7.1 directly to 1.8.1 and skip 1.8?

I would think so.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Yes, you can skip 1.8.
1.8.1 installs new kernel so this update takes 45-55 minutes. If you already have 1.8, then the update is just few minutes, like usual updates.
that's what 1.8 was supposed to do, didn't happen here.
When upgrading I left it alone, as I was expecting to take a long time.
But minutes later it was already finished. Couldn't take longer than 10 minutes.

What's up with that?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Does this cover all?
At least 2 seconds, 5 is probably better.

·
Registered
909 Posts
that's what 1.8 was supposed to do, didn't happen here.
When upgrading I left it alone, as I was expecting to take a long time.
But minutes later it was already finished. Couldn't take longer than 10 minutes.

What's up with that?
Have you tried 1.8.1? When you open History page, bottom of the page should list Linux version. What do you have there?
And you did install via History page? Normal upgrade just installs current release, not preview versions like 1.8 & 1.8.1.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I just wish they supported more streaming music sources, like Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, or Deezer. There have been rumors about the long-term viability of Tidal, and I would hate to end up without a streaming music source. Even if I decide to go with Roon, I will most likely keep my Sonos Connect so that I have alternative services. Part of my evaluation will be to compare the audio quality of Roon vs. Sonos, because both can play Tidal streams. It is really wonderful and exciting to have so many choices!
Agreed. I had the same thought but it does support Qobuz which is like Tidal which has a growing library of HD music and artists. I used Both services through Roon which worked perfectly, I loved how you could add a track to your Roon library and it would automatically update your Library on the respective service so if I switch to mobile listening the track is on that services app.Roon also has a lot of radio stations you can listen to but yeah it would be nice if Amazon Music or Apple, Spotify were included.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Does this cover all?
I'd like to see trigger activation depending on the outputs that are used by the signal currently playing, possibly with an (adjustable) delay before they are turned off again, to prevent amps from turning off and on in rapid succession if the signal is intermittent for whatever reason.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I'd like to see trigger activation depending on the outputs that are used by the signal currently playing, possibly with an (adjustable) delay before they are turned off again, to prevent amps from turning off and on in rapid succession if the signal is intermittent for whatever reason.
Triggers based on source is a much cleaner option and has worked fine for years on D&M and other brands. Anything relying on auto sense will have intermittent issues at times.

Reactions: Carbo and sdurani

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hope it solves the problem of not being able to play Short Sine Wave test tones.
What input are you using? On a reliable HDMI source the PCM Detect Sensitivity should be set to indicated. This makes the job of the format detector easiest. Using the analog input should work always. I downloaded the zip file of the Omni_Mic_Test_Tracks and they play for me.

I assume this is just a PCM format CD? Do you have problems with other program material?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Have you tried 1.8.1? When you open History page, bottom of the page should list Linux version. What do you have there?
And you did install via History page? Normal upgrade just installs current release, not preview versions like 1.8 & 1.8.1.
not on 1.8.1. yet, probably tomorrow.
I know about the history part, I'm on 1.8, but I'll also check for the Linux version tomorrow.

thanks

·
Premium Member
69 Posts

Changes

Thanks for the heads up on the 1.81 update. Found it on the History link and now installing it. When I went to 1.8.0 it did the "off thing" only once and it now booting normally, but might as well be up to date.

ptruce

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm without my HTP1 this week, awaiting a replacement after having the Dirac ON on all the time even though I never used it yet. Got to give a thumbs up for Monoprice's customer service!

·
** Man of Leisure **
23,482 Posts
I am listening to some multi-channel music from my Oppo 203. For example, I am now listening to a DVD Audio disk, and the Oppo audio output setting is "DVD Audio". The HTP-1 is showing 5.1 PCM input. For output, I have two options, Native and Dolby Surround. I don't think Dolby Surround is the right choice because it is likely altering/up mixing the discreet 5-channel audio. If I select Native, the output shows "5.1.0 Direct". I am used to associating "Direct" with the disabling of bass control and treating all speakers as full range. Is this what is happening, or is the output still using bass control? How can I be sure, other than what I hear?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I am listening to some multi-channel music from my Oppo 203. For example, I am now listening to a DVD Audio disk, and the Oppo audio output setting is "DVD Audio". The HTP-1 is showing 5.1 PCM input. For output, I have two options, Native and Dolby Surround. I don't think Dolby Surround is the right choice because it is likely altering/up mixing the discreet 5-channel audio. If I select Native, the output shows "5.1.0 Direct". I am used to associating "Direct" with the disabling of bass control and treating all speakers as full range. Is this what is happening, or is the output still using bass control? How can I be sure, other than what I hear?
DIRECT mode does not apply any upmixing but does retain Dirac and bass management, speaker levels, delays, etc.

6281 - 6300 of 6809 Posts