AVS Forum banner

8961 - 8980 of 9071 Posts

·
Registered
13,858 Posts
Just did two tests.
1. JVC NX7 with Oppo and FW 1.8.3
On Auto there is a 2 second delay everytime I fast forward
On Biased I just got static after fast forward (Had to change to indicated to get sound back to normal)
On Indicated the delay on audio was a bit longer around 3 seconds every time I fast forwarded
2. JVC NX7 with Roku and FW 1.8.1
On Auto there is a 2 second delay everytime I fast forward
On Biased there is a 2 second delay everytime I fast forward
On Indicated there is a 2 second delay everytime I fast forward

So these settings made no difference on the ability to get the sound to play when the video starts again, always a delay.

Does anyone not have an audio delay where audio consistently starts 2+ seconds after the video starts when using a disc player or streaming content?
Did you report this via the HTP-1's feedback tool?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Reactions: wilbur_the_goose

·
Registered
440 Posts
How are you guys reading the logs for the HTP? I downloaded mine and it's all scrambled when trying to open it in text editor.

·
Super Moderator
21,380 Posts
Greetings
was wondering if there are any 2 way control drivers available for this processor, like for RTI or Crestron?
TIA

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've been following along for a while now and I've finally pulled the trigger and ordered the HTP-1. Thank you to all the contributors here.

It seems like a lot of folks are using the custom controller. I took a peek at the GitHub page for it and see that the code needs to be compiled and then the app folder placed in the proper directory on the HTP-1.

I also see that we don't seem to have SSH access to the HTP-1 yet. How are you guys getting the code onto the HTP-1? Is it fair to say that the compiled folder could be shared with those don't have a linux instance(like me) to accomplish the compile?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Regarding Roon Certification, I received an email from Roon support today which confirms an earlier post:

"As for the certification, it is in progress and we can't wait for it to be released. Please make sure to keep an eye on our partners page:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I've been following along for a while now and I've finally pulled the trigger and ordered the HTP-1. Thank you to all the contributors here.

It seems like a lot of folks are using the custom controller. I took a peek at the GitHub page for it and see that the code needs to be compiled and then the app folder placed in the proper directory on the HTP-1.

I also see that we don't seem to have SSH access to the HTP-1 yet. How are you guys getting the code onto the HTP-1? Is it fair to say that the compiled folder could be shared with those don't have a linux instance(like me) to accomplish the compile?
We are all running VM's (ubuntu) and installing apache/node.js to get it going
Pretty easy I have a write up I can share if you are at all technical.

·
Registered
173 Posts
How are you guys reading the logs for the HTP? I downloaded mine and it's all scrambled when trying to open it in text editor.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts

You can use it via an external website, that requires no extra steps or compilation from the source code. When you have the HTP-1, just point your browser here: HTP-1 Custom Web UI

·
Registered
440 Posts
Thanks, I'm on a Mac so are those commands just copied and pasted into terminal? How does it find the grp file?

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
** Man of Leisure **
24,058 Posts
On the GUI Inputs screen, I have turned off "Roon Ready" and "Bluetooth" a number of times so that they don't display on the Home screen, but they keep coming back. Am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
On the GUI Inputs screen, I have turned off "Roon Ready" and "Bluetooth" a number of times so that they don't display on the Home screen, but they keep coming back. Am I doing something wrong?
What firmware? There is a little bug causing those to reappear after a full reboot or with fast start off. But didn't 1.8.3 already fix it?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
@theblackangus - that would awesome! Thanks.
ok Ill pm my write up to you, feel free to ask questions.
As @TimoJ said someone is hosting a version of it over the internet, I just wanted mine local so I didnt have to worry about internet connectivity for access.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
As @TimoJ said someone is hosting a version of it over the internet, I just wanted mine local so I didnt have to worry about internet connectivity for access.
The developer is hosting it. Hosted version gets automatically updated, while local version of course needs recompilation when updates appear.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Pink Soda Code: jsoosiah/htp1-custom-controller
Pink Soda Hosted URL for those who don't want a local install: http://jsoosiah.com/

Install latest version of ubuntu server 20.04 in a VM of your choice. This was done on 20.04.1 LTS.
Use the "Update to the new installer" option
No snaps selected
Let security updates run before rebooting post install

Install:
sudo apt update (Update repos)
sudo apt upgrade (Update installed packages)
sudo apt-get install git (This may not update anything if your linux distro pre-installs it)
sudo apt-get install apache2 (Install apache)
sudo apt-get install node.js (Install node.js)
sudo apt-get install npm (Install needed compiler)
sudo mkdir htp1custom (Create directory for source code)
cd htp1custom (cd to directory)
sudo git clone https://github.com/jsoosiah/htp1-custom-controller (Clone code from github)
cd htp1-custom-controller (cd to directory created by git clone)
sudo npm install (Setup build)
sudo npm run build (Build code from the current directory where the source was cloned to, this will fail the 1st time)
sudo npm run build (This second run will succeed)
sudo cp -R dist/* /var/www/html (This copies the compiled code to apache default web root)

Let me know if you have questions, I would be more than happy to help anyone get this installed.
Do know that all items in the custom interface are not supported, but its pretty slick and very performant.
I had to use is as the onboard interface just doesn't work at all on my Onn Android 10 tablet.

NOTE: This does no security hardening to Apache or Linux, so this should not be exposed to direct internet access.

·
Registered
13,858 Posts
Cloning, installing and serving the UI locally seems like an awfully complicated process when all you need to do is to go to HTP-1 Custom Web UI in you browser...

Reactions: wilbur_the_goose
8961 - 8980 of 9071 Posts