AVS Forum banner

11681 - 11700 of 12014 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Well just to add a touch of balance, I've only had mine three weeks, so I am in that group of buyers and (touch wood) not had a single issue.
I have had my replacement Htp-1 for a few weeks-(high 300's SN) and able to load 1.8.9-awaiting DLBC fix as well, B4 doing full Cal...unless Dirac is delayed past this week-seems unlikely based on emails from them yesterday. FWIW, the power receptacle in the Http-1 seems perfectly secured.

Thank you very much

FURY

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Well just to add a touch of balance, I've only had mine three weeks, so I am in that group of buyers and (touch wood) not had a single issue.
no issues here either, I’ve also had mine about 3 weeks.
I’m in the same boat. It’s been a near flawless experience so far. My only issue is being unable to get ARC working, but I believe the problem is more on the tv side.

Reactions: Ryanosaur

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
I have had my replacement Htp-1 for a few weeks-(high 300's SN) and able to load 1.8.9-awaiting DLBC fix as well, B4 doing full Cal...unless Dirac is delayed past this week-seems unlikely based on emails from them yesterday. FWIW, the power receptacle in the Http-1 seems perfectly secured.

Thank you very much

FURY
What's this about being able to load 1.8.9? I received my HTP-1 about 2 weeks ago and it is on 1.8.8, and when I do an update it says I'm on the latest version already.

·
** Man of Leisure **
24,603 Posts
What's this about being able to load 1.8.9? I received my HTP-1 about 2 weeks ago and it is on 1.8.8, and when I do an update it says I'm on the latest version already.
Click the History link and you will see all available updates along with release notes.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hi Sitter!

The reason I added the comment concerning the ability to get the 1.8.9 upload is that, after and despite protracted tech support attempts and help from several others here, I havd been unable to get ANY connection to the Monoprice server. Carlos, from Monoprice, as always, remedied the issue and sent me a replacement Htp-1, hich allowed the server connection, without any change in; my router, permissions, rules, settings, cables or anything aside from the replacement installation and configuration as it has been. The replacement Htp-1 did arrive with 1.8.8 installed, however.

Thank you very much

FURY

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
1.8.9 is still beta, but you can update it through history.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Hello All,

I am auditioning 3 Seaton Catalysts 12C's in my current set-up to see how they compare to my Tekton Ulfberhts. This is my first foray into the world of active/powered speakers. The tri-amped Catalysts have an input sensitivity of 1vm RMS which I will set the HTP accordingly. Any other suggestions? I am pretty much flying blind so any other suggestions are welcome. I will post in the DIRAC and Seaton thread for other suggestions in regard to room connection and the built in DSP that the Seaton's have. Thanks in advance!
Sounds like a good move! There is nothing different about using active speakers. Just enjoy the better sound. Dirac will work great with them.

You should check, though, if the 1v RMS is the differential voltage or per leg. I'm guessing that it's per leg, which means setting the HTP-1 to 2v.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Hello All,

I am auditioning 3 Seaton Catalysts 12C's in my current set-up to see how they compare to my Tekton Ulfberhts. This is my first foray into the world of active/powered speakers. The tri-amped Catalysts have an input sensitivity of 1vm RMS which I will set the HTP accordingly. Any other suggestions? I am pretty much flying blind so any other suggestions are welcome. I will post in the DIRAC and Seaton thread for other suggestions in regard to room connection and the built in DSP that the Seaton's have. Thanks in advance!
Lucky guy! I was fortunate enough to spend some time with a setup some years ago that included a trio of Cat 12C’s across the front, along with 4 Submersive subwoofers(1 in each corner), and it was a truly mesmerizing experience to say the least. Still one of the very very best HT’s I’ve heard to date.

Looking forward to hearing your impressions of them with the HTP-1.

·
Registered
57 Posts
So been doing some pretty extensive testing the past 2 weeks. Took awhile to get this thing dialed in to that sweet spot to get that “ah ha” moment but think I’m pretty close.

Really impressed with how this thing handles bass. Cleanest / punchiest I’ve ever heard in my system and I’m rocking some 21 inch PSA’s so that’s saying something. Still need to soften up the highs just a tad but am impressed overall. The bass is so good I even feel less a need for BEQ which I know is sacrilege.

Will also say, especially with music this thing is REVEALING. Meaning if you bring some crap source material it will be super obvious (and vice versa).

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
So been doing some pretty extensive testing the past 2 weeks. Took awhile to get this thing dialed in to that sweet spot to get that “ah ha” moment but think I’m pretty close.

Really impressed with how this thing handles bass. Cleanest / punchiest I’ve ever heard in my system and I’m rocking some 21 inch PSA’s so that’s saying something. Still need to soften up the highs just a tad but am impressed overall. The bass is so good I even feel less a need for BEQ which I know is sacrilege.

Will also say, especially with music this thing is REVEALING. Meaning if you bring some crap source material it will be super obvious (and vice versa).
What kind of speakers?

Also, are you doing full range correction, or bass only?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Sounds like a good move! There is nothing different about using active speakers. Just enjoy the better sound. Dirac will work great with them.

You should check, though, if the 1v RMS is the differential voltage or per leg. I'm guessing that it's per leg, which means setting the HTP-1 to 2v.
I thought someone earlier said the HTP-1 voltage was single leg value.... Which is correct here?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Curious if anyone here has switched from an Anthem over to the HTP-1. I'm considering swapping my Anthem MRX 1140 for this and just starting to dig in to all the details.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Curious if anyone here has switched from an Anthem over to the HTP-1. I'm considering swapping my Anthem MRX 1140 for this and just starting to dig in to all the details.
Yes, I recently went from the AVM 60 —> AVM 70 —> HTP-1. I prefer the HTP-1 and find it to be a worthwhile upgrade. Dirac Live is the better room correction software and gives me the best results I have ever had in my room.

I really enjoyed the AVM 60 w/ older ARC Genesis, but I simply wasn’t able to recapture that same level of balance with the AVM 70 on the current ARC Genesis. Something is just off with their current implementation of ARC imo.

·
Registered
57 Posts
What kind of speakers?

Also, are you doing full range correction, or bass only?
Arendal speakers, so 4ohm and very power hungry.

I’m doing full range correction.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Arendal speakers, so 4ohm and very power hungry.

I’m doing full range correction.
A lot of times, when people complain about "too revealing" and "bad recordings", they have speakers that lack dynamics or have an irregular response. Looks like you are in good shape in those departments.

With Dirac, aside from finding the best target curve, it may help to look at the predicted impulse response, and steer toward target curves that give you a clean impulse response. I find that helps.

·
Registered
57 Posts
A lot of times, when people complain about "too revealing" and "bad recordings", they have speakers that lack dynamics or have an irregular response. Looks like you are in good shape in those departments.

With Dirac, aside from finding the best target curve, it may help to look at the predicted impulse response, and steer toward target curves that give you a clean impulse response. I find that helps.
That’s a good point - I’ll spend some time this afternoon testing that out.

Appreciate the heads up!

Reactions: rcohen

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
I went from a AVM60 to HTP-1. Dirac is a better EQ and I find the HTP to be more detailed in sound.

The only thing I miss, is the virtual inputs.

11681 - 11700 of 12014 Posts