AVS Forum banner

1121 - 1140 of 1196 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Unfortunately, you cannot re-assign the front speakers. Only rear/heights.

Reactions: Mobalpus

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks Willemd !
Somehow it seems like a gap.. I guess I am not alone in wanting to use a more powerful amp for the front speakers, while reusing the free circuit for other purposes...
perhaps NAD can do something about it...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can you provide evidence or an explanation as to why this would be true?
Okay. Now go from Pana directly to the T778 and from HDMI out (T778) to the TV. What can I say. No problems !!! DV and HDR10 are looped through without any problems, I can't see any delays or similar. Sound is also identical, no differences can be heard as when I "only" go from the HDMI audio output of the Pana to the T778 and send the picture directly to the TV. I am thrilled....... Yes, the NAD T778 is expensive and certainly does not have as many features as the competition. BUT the sound, always the hammer !!!! and what good are 100 features when I only need 10 and the rest are just games. I am happy 😊

·
Registered
23 Posts
A bit of an update on my T778. As you guys might remember, I sent my unit to Amir at ASR for testing. Like most of the owners, I was a bit disappointed in the results but it's about what I expected. That being said, it looked great and sounded even better. I had every intention of keeping it and enjoying it for years to come. Unfortunately, my unit just crapped out with an "Amplifier too hot" error and the unit going into protect mode. It's unresponsive to any remote inputs, amp never kicks on, but video passes through HDMI just fine. I'll be returning it and switching over to the HTP-1 as I've lost trust in this product making it much past the warranty. I was really hoping the T778 would deliver, but there were just a few too many bugs and quirks for me. I feel like it could've used a few more months in testing before the release.

·
Registered
NAD T 778
4 Posts
Unfortunately, my unit just crapped out with an "Amplifier too hot" error and the unit going into protect mode. It's unresponsive to any remote inputs, amp never kicks on, but video passes through HDMI just fine. I'll be returning it and switching over to the HTP-1 as I've lost trust in this product making it much past the warranty. I was really hoping the T778 would deliver, but there were just a few too many bugs and quirks for me. I feel like it could've used a few more months in testing before the release.
That’s really unfortunate to hear. Mine arrived at my local Best Buy today, after waiting since March. I’ve been looking forward to Dirac and a next level up AVR.

However, after reading all of the issue people are reporting (over heating, popping on input changes, Dirac slot issues, etc), I’m contemplating waiting another year to upgrade from my Denon x5200, which I dislike because it doesn’t support HDCP 2.2.

·
Registered
Lg 77c9, NAD T778, UB9000, Parasound A53+ Parasound A23+, BW 702s2, BW HTM71S2, BW 706S2, SVS SB3000
6 Posts
Still no issues after 2 months with mine. Love the sound and I've become a music lover because of this receiver which I initially bought mostly for movies. Running B&W 702s2's and HTM71S2 center in a 7.2.2 setup. Dirac with the Harmon 6db boost curve applied btw,

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I'm thinking of getting this awesome NAD..
Question..

When setting up height speakers in setup menu, what options does NAD give for locations of height speakers.. Like, Front height, ceiling front height, dolby atmos speakers.. etc..

in have a setup that has front heights above front left/right speakers near ceiling, and top middle ceiling speakers.. and a 7.1 base..

can I use all these locations with NAD??

Thanks.

·
Registered
NAD T 778
4 Posts
We also need to keep in mind that a forum thread can be a silo for problems, and that for every person who's having an issue, there are 10 (or more) who are enjoying the unit without issues.
Definitely agree. I’m probably going to try it out, but inquiring about the Best Buy return policy on the unit before I take the plunge, since it was a special order. I am looking forward to it running my 5.1.2 B&W CM9 S1 bi-amp’d fronts system plus the obvious benefits from HDR (and 4K) that I’ll get with HDCP 2.2 support.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I’m probably going to try it out, but inquiring about the Best Buy return policy on the unit before I take the plunge [ ... ]
Crutchfield is very low hassle and has 60 day returns. FWIW I am returning mine soon to them due to muting issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Still no issues after 2 months with mine. Love the sound and I've become a music lover because of this receiver which I initially bought mostly for movies. Running B&W 702s2's and HTM71S2 center in a 7.2.2 setup. Dirac with the Harmon 6db boost curve applied btw,
What kind of speaker cables do you use? Or from which manufacturer ?

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
What kind of speaker cables do you use? Or from which manufacturer ?
I recommend 14 awg (or 12 awg if you're OCD) copper:

Terminated in quality banana plugs:

Or spades:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I'm really thinking of getting this NAD, but am little scared of all the hardware issues..

What is the honest feeling of getting one.. Should I get one or wait maybe until next year for a better revision..

thanks..

Just lot of $$ to out down on maube faulty hardware..

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm really thinking of getting this NAD, but am little scared of all the hardware issues..

What is the honest feeling of getting one.. Should I get one or wait maybe until next year for a better revision..

thanks..

Just lot of $$ to out down on maube faulty hardware..

If you’ve got OCD about bugs and niggles, it is probably wise to wait until next year.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Lol thanks..

Bugs I can live with, as firmware can fix, it's the hardware issues that concern me.

If you're worried about hardware issues that you know exist, then wait until they are fixed.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
If you're worried about hardware issues that you know exist, then wait until they are fixed.
Very true....and very torn... I want the amazing sound you all say this has, but may have to wait until the dust settles..

If you don't mind me asking, as manual was unclear, what atmos speaker positions does NAD let you choose in setup menu or dirac..

Example, rotel only gives options for, top middle , front ceiling speakers and rear ceiling speakers...

No atmos up firing, no front onwall heights etc...options.

I have top middle speakers and front onwall wall speakers.. And hope NAD has options to use those locations...

thanks again...

·
Registered
559 Posts
Very true....and very torn... I want the amazing sound you all say this has, but may have to wait until the dust settles..

If you don't mind me asking, as manual was unclear, what atmos speaker positions does NAD let you choose in setup menu or dirac..

Example, rotel only gives options for, top middle , front ceiling speakers and rear ceiling speakers...

No atmos up firing, no front onwall heights etc...options.

I have top middle speakers and front onwall wall speakers.. And hope NAD has options to use those locations...

thanks again...
My nad work as should absolutely no problems at all now

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lol thanks..

Bugs I can live with, as firmware can fix, it's the hardware issues that concern me.
Like somebody in this thread wrote, for one person reporting hardware issues, you have ten happy with the unit.

I’ve had a newer unit, with a S/N ending with 26nn, for two weeks now and everything is working as it should .. 😊

note that with all I read, I am very careful with the unit.. for example I always shut it down completely whenever I plug/unplug something.. it has plenty of breathing space around it, etc..

1121 - 1140 of 1196 Posts