AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
So, every month or two we're supposed to subscribe to a new thread??? Why?

Rich

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok forget it!! the only reason i did it is cuz i couldnt find the original one, and nobody posted anything on it for a week, so i assumed it was dead or something

·
Registered
713 Posts
Ok, I'll help out with some info. This Link leads to a CBS HDTV powerpoint promotion including a slide that shows the other NYC networks piggybacking on the WCBS WTC antenna.

Rich

·
Registered
429 Posts
Interesting link/presentation, Richard. So, CBS is "in discussion" with DirecTV? Wonder what that means. Maybe this should be posted in the Programming forum?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Rich, Nice concept graphic of the Empire panel. The consortium of stations that origionally agreed to go in on the antenna and combiner sort of backed off when WCBS wanted to up the ante and retain control of the property. New negoiations going on now. Have to wait for the latest gossip.

GT

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
WNBC-DT will be back when everyone else is. Negoiations are in progress......

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm going to place a "fringe" 100 mile rated antenna in my attic in hopes of getting WTNH from New Haven (about 60 miles away) at my house in Westchester. Any reccomendations about aiming and maximizing my chances of receiving this?

Without an HD Super Bowl I will be disappointed so I'm trying whatever I can.

I appreciate any advice you guys give me.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Anyone have any inside information on when Cablevision will start providing Digital Cable and HDTV in Rockland County, NY? Any details on timetables/programming are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
752 Posts
Does Cablevision on Long Island still provide hdtv ota through cable? I would like to get a hipix- will I get anything? I will not get an antenna, just interested in cable.

What about NYC TW? What channels does it do- just cbs?

Again, only intersted in hooking a hipix up to a cable feed.

thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dkan24
Does Cablevision on Long Island still provide hdtv ota through cable? I would like to get a hipix- will I get anything?
Hipix does work on Long Island Cablevision. However, it is only in certain areas of LI and you only get the HD versions of HBO, MSG, and FSNY.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I live in Tarrytown and was wondering if it was worth trying to get WTNH as well. Gigzz, how high is your antenna? I live close to the Hudson so while I have no problem with WCBS out of New York, I am doubtful that I could get WTNH since I am on the other side of the hill so to speak.

Also, anyone know when WABC-DT will be back OTA? I thought I read on one of the boards a few months ago that there was a shot for Dec./Jan.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by George Thompson
WNBC-DT will be back when everyone else is. Negoiations are in progress......
I thought NBC was not part of the group involved with the new transmitter on the ESB? Are the "negotiations" you mention concern NBC becoming part of this group?

RiPeti: Thanks for adding "CT" to the thread's title.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My antenna is about 5' above the roof line on a two story house, and it is the smallest RS antenna. I would get bigger antenna and try it, you can always return it. check distance

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
CJ,

WNBC was and still is one of the 5 or 6 stations that are seeking use of the Andrew wide band UHF panel antenna on Empire. What made you think otherwise? The "negotiations" are among the stations as a group and WCBS. WCBS sort of changed the rules in the middle of the game and the group of stations dont like it.

GT

1 - 20 of 327 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.