1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
25,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.wagnerspraytech.com.au/po...920,59414.html

Genteel Readers,

OMG !

I just laid down my first coat using the AU version of Wagners best HVLP Turbine Sprayer.

People, it took me less than 30 seconds to spray a 98" diagonal screen.

The 860e can deliver up to 250 grams of Paint per minute. That's just over 8 ounces of Paint ! When I first hit the Trigger, a Spray pattern almost 16" tall emerged from the Gun. Even after turning down the Fluid Control Knob 1/2 way, the patter remained 16" tall, and I had to almost RUN sideways to prevent coating the screen like I was using a Power washer!

Never have I laid down so thick a coat so fast...and ever since it went up I've been bitting my nails waiting for a run. So far, nothing, but the amount of paint is so heavy there is some degree of texture while wet, so a sanding afterward might be in order before my next coat is ready to apply.

Absolutely, a rapid Dusting with this unit is akin to rolling on a heavy initial layer. My upcoming video will show me dasing back and forth like a Mad Man, and then reversing and going over the Screen from Bottom to top. THAT I should NOT have done...it just wasn't needed...nor shall that be repeated...I tell all ya all that fer shur! I'm going to be forced to wait a goodly spell before that screen is even remotely dry, or for that matter even loses it's wet sheen.

Pant...pant....pant....

Yeah Buddy! You bet I'm one excited Mississippian.
Of course as of yet the best version available in the US is the Wagner Fine Spray Plus;
http://www.wagnerspraytech.com/porta...43209,747.html

..which can output 150 grams of material per minute (5+ ounces)

http://www.wagnerspraytech.com/porta...43209,747.html

.......and "I's GOT ta git me one o DOSE!"

So here I sit....I'm so wacked out, I haven't even touched the opened VB Beer I left back in the spraying room. Oh No....I had to get online and relate all this immediately.

The conclusion to be drawn is that if you want to spary a coat on a 110" screen during a commercial break while watching the Big game...ya kin do it. And the spray patter is so wide, fergtabowt worring about horizontial stripes. lastly, you can paint a HOUSE with these Creatures....so justifying the expense....?....No worries there!

Stay tuned to this Channel for a Video and continued updates.

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
25,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, actually, the second coat on another Mirror, because the inital one did develop some small cascading runs across the bottom 1/3rd of the screen.

So we took it outside and washed the offending paint off. Now after reading some more instructions, what do I find? In the Box is another Power Head, one with a smaller diameter Needle orifice and Needle assembly.

When installed, and the amount of available pressure reduced to minimum, the Fine Spray actually was duplicating the same output as the Wagner CS...but still providing a 14" Tall Pattern. After I was finished with this last coat, I tried increasing the pressure to maximum and "Holy Molely", the pattern jumped to 16" + again!

But the biggest difference was the degree of Atomization the smaller Nozzle assembly provides at whatever pressure is used. By virtue of that, the droplets are again what I deem appropriately sized, and the risk of getting Runs virtually eliminated.

This whole endeavor is a lesson in learning something new, as in perhaps getting onto a Ducati 900 for the first time. Twist the Throttle too hard, and it will leave you behind...on the Ground....bruised, bleeding, and wondering about whether or not you still posses your senses.

But sense you obviously do not...you gotta jump back on and try again, just to see if you can survive the test.

I'm surviving....but just barely.

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
25,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finished.

I'm in love. Mastered the Super Wagner.
It gave me a Glass smooth finish, and it's still the Fastest Gun on the Planet.

Leaving in the AM for Sydney & the Harbor Rocks Hotel for 3 days R&R w/Wife. Great Photo Ops coming fur shur.

Pictures of the newest Wagner to follow later this evening

·
Registered
585 Posts
Wow, that Wagner sounds like a freakin' monster!

16"+ spray pattern!!

Boy, you must'a been shocked to see that. Upon seeing such a thing, my reaction would've been.....whoa.

Even with the other power head put on, and the amount of pressure reduced to minimum, outputting the same amount as the Wagner CS while achieving a 14" spray pattern would most definitely be a nice advantage.

Lookin' forward to the pics/vids.

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
25,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku14139268520 /forum/post/16847865

Wow, that Wagner sounds like a freakin' monster!

16"+ spray pattern!!

Boy, you must'a been shocked to see that. Upon seeing such a thing, my reaction would've been.....whoa.

Mine was a bit more effusive. Not to bring religion into this, but when I first pulled the trigger and the paint shot out.................I did shout out a rather loud [edited] and let go that trigger! It was like shooting off a 10 gauge Shotgun or a 50 cal. Muzzle Loader. Ya just don't know nor can anybody really tell ya whats gonna happen...it's a "I did it...now I know" kinda thing.

Quote:
Lookin' forward to the pics/vids.

Well pics seem fine, but remotely from a Laptop, the wireless Cell Modem ain't obligin' on mutil-meg HD-Videos, so those won't be up until I get home to the Bottom lands on Wednesday or Thursday.

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
25,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb_maxxx /forum/post/16871605

i tried to tell MM that there are better electric sprayers out there...

but MM's all about experiencing it firsthand...

Everything else is hearsay until the one listening / reading can or does prove it to himself.

A Truism if ever there was one as far as DIY Screen making is concerned

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
i recently found out that wagner bought out kreps... a swiss company which in my honest opinion made the best quality fully hand held electric paint sprayers on the market.

now more than likely... they've used that acquisition to upgrade their lineup of electric sprayers... notibly the control spray & double duty control spray... and most recently their optimus dual head sprayers.

but what upsets me is my perceived lack of quality in the components (cheap plastic parts) that wagner uses. krebs used quality precision metal components inside their gun, a metal firing pin, and carbide tips. they were solidly made units. admittingly, you couldn't exactly pick one up at your local home depots for $65 dollars either.

here's to wishing that wagner will make a more precision gravity fed control spray with a metal firing pin, metal carbide spray tips, metal trigger, and a better control for the amount of spray flow.

it now seems wagner has sold/licensed the control spray technology to BOSCH... who came out with the BOSCH PFS 55 precision fine spray. The unit looks very similiar to the wagner but has a slightly upgraded the look to it. i wonder if the inner components and tips have been upgraded. unfortunately, BOSCH only sells their unit oversea...UK.

i took a look at the wagner optimus project spray last night... because they advertise a dual head carbide tip. once again, the tips lack the quality i'd come accustomed to with kreps... but what am i expecting for at the $60 price point.

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
25,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb_maxxx /forum/post/16946706

i recently found out that wagner bought out kreps... a swiss company which in my honest opinion made the best quality fully hand held electric paint sprayers on the market.

now more than likely... they've used that acquisition to upgrade their lineup of electric sprayers... notibly the control spray & double duty control spray... and most recently their optimus dual head sprayers.

but what upsets me is my perceived lack of quality in the components (cheap plastic parts) that wagner uses. ... but what am i expecting for at the $60 price point.

Exactly. However the newest Wagner CS DD has important upgrades. Twin, removable Filters (...you do not have to remove the entire Motor Housing anymore....) more Spray Volume, better atomization, better pattern strength, a slightly beefier Trigger assembly, a different design on the Nozzle that reduces Tip Wear....all excellent upgrades.

As for the needle assembly...well, I've used a older Wagster CS for over a year with no issues, and if I need to replace the needle...I can simply buy a new complete Power Spray Head for $20.00. That's less than a Metal Needle valve assembly for a standard HVLP Gun, and I can state from experience with the latter that because of the higher pressure around the needle/nozzle resulting from the closer tolerances, those Metal surfaces get scored and wear down almost every bit as fast as the Plastic ones on a Wagner. However, now that the DIY Paint mixes are diluted as much as they are, friction wear seems almost a non-issue.

Still...some shiny metal parts would snazz the Wagner up a bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.