AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 12560 Posts

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okey dokey, I'm starting this thread because this newest model from Panasonic has started showing up at retail.

My order from Circuit City is being delivered today, so I wil have additional comments later tonight, but a friend picked up a unit at retail, also a Circuit City, on the west coast yesterday. I'll let Brad post his comments, but from our conversation last night, those with HDMI 1.3 receivers can be prepared to get happy.

More to come.

UPDATE:

Here is a list of current issues that we hope to get a fix for:

Current BD30 issue summary: (other issues fixed with firmware 1.6)

1) Forced 24p option (would help many folks)

Jon

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Getting mine delivered today too although Fedex tracking hasn't updated my tracking to indicate "on the truck". Hmmm, I paid extra to have it delivered today too. I better get it!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
ordered mine from CC on wed and it is out for delivery today, cant wait to toy around with it

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Crossroad,

I was at bb last night. An associate looked up the player for me. It is in the system. According to him, no BB's have them in stock as of yet, but this will be a stocked player in stores.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Thanks for the reply info. Yeah I was at BB last night too. I asked if he could tell me the release date. He tried for several minutes and then said he couldn't tell, but that it was in the system so it should be out within the next week or two.

·
Registered
27,264 Posts
Hmm...the rumor is this piece decodes none of the lossless formats. True?

Since it is 1.3 it can send them all via biotstream. Nice for sure but HDMI 1.3 has not made it to the dedicated processors yet, just LPCM over HDMI.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro J /forum/post/12168603

Getting mine delivered today too although Fedex tracking hasn't updated my tracking to indicate "on the truck". Hmmm, I paid extra to have it delivered today too. I better get it!

Damn CC...they ended up sending it Home Delivery instead of express, which I paid extra for. I will get it tomorrow. I immediately called them and got a refund for the express shipping charge but needless to say, I gave them a few choice words.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland /forum/post/12169197

Hmm...the rumor is this piece decodes none of the lossless formats. True?

Since it is 1.3 it can send them all via biotstream. Nice for sure but HDMI 1.3 has not made it to the dedicated processors yet, just LPCM over HDMI.

Yea, no internal decoding for any of the new formats. Is not rumor, it already has being confirm by the reviewers.

·
Registered
27,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rveras /forum/post/12169325

Yea, no internal decoding for any of the new formats. Is not rumor, it already has being confirm by the reviewers.

Hmm.....oh, well.

My quest continues for a player that will decode all lossless formats... I guess Denon looks like the winner so far.

That said, my Panny BD10 has been perfect.

·
Registered
416 Posts
My BD 10 has been perfect as well. Except for the lack of DTS MA decoding or bitstreaming. If it only had that I wouldn't even be thinking of the 30.

·
Registered
27,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell R. Breland /forum/post/12169752

The Integra and the Onkyo Pro can decode Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio.

OK...Processors Like Lexicon, Halcro, Anthem,etc..

·
Registered
5,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland /forum/post/12169888

OK...Processors Like Lexicon, Halcro, Anthem,etc..

Jeff, I have checked Adcom, Amplifier Technologies Inc., Anthem, B & K, Cary Audio Design, Fosgate Audionics, Halcro, Lexicon, N A D Electronics, Outlaw Audio, Sherbourn Technologies and Sherwood Newcastle and none of them list decoding Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio.

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
The lack of internal high def audio decoding on the new Panasonic is VERY disappointing! This is the Profile 1.1 player that I was considering as my move to be Purple. Granted, I plan to eventually upgrade to an A/V Receiver that decodes the high def audio formats but I didn't want to have to be forced to do that at the same time as purchasing a Blu-ray player ($$$OUCH!).

Not to derail the conversation about the BD30, but, what pending profile 1.1 player is in the pipe that WILL internally decode the high def audio? Has such an animal been announced?

Mark

·
Registered
5,806 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Booth /forum/post/12170162

The lack of internal high def audio decoding on the new Panasonic is VERY disappointing! This is the Profile 1.1 player that I was considering as my move to be Purple. Granted, I plan to eventually upgrade to an A/V Receiver that decodes the high def audio formats but I didn't want to have to be forced to do that at the same time as purchasing a Blu-ray player ($$$OUCH!).

Not to derail the conversation about the BD30, but, what pending profile 1.1 player is in the pipe that WILL internally decode the high def audio? Has such an animal been announced?

Mark

there are no players from either side that can internally decode DTS-HD MA, the fact that this one can bitstream and is 1.1 compliant should be enough.

1 - 20 of 12560 Posts