AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 11250 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Ah, so the reference settings are ~D65? Then the ones actually listed specifically as D55 are D55, and then you're going to provide some D75 for sports/blue junkies?

Awesome. How far off from dead-on true D65 do you think those reference settings are? Is it possible to get a true D65 gray scale with just user adjustments? If so, I'm tickled.

·
Registered
19,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlarsen462 /forum/post/14385284

Ah, so the reference settings are ~D65?

Yes

Quote:
....and then you're going to provide some D75 for sports/blue junkies?

Yes

Quote:
Awesome. How far off from dead-on true D65 do you think those reference settings are?

Color temp was pretty much flat from 20-100IRE. DeltaE averaged 2 from 20-30IRE and 0.7 from 40-100IRE. It doesn't really get any better than that

Quote:
Is it possible to get a true D65 gray scale with just user adjustments? If so, I'm tickled.

Look up

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Wow, D-Nice, the settings before and after break-in REALLY changed!

I'll have to check out those settings and see how they work on my 151!

Thanks again.

Oh and... Subscribed!!

·
Registered
19,722 Posts
Thanks D. Can't wait unitl Fri. when my 151 is scheduled to arrive. Then the fun begins.

·
Registered
680 Posts
if doing the break-in on the 111 with periods of watching full screen in between, do you suggest reference settings for non-break in users or reference settings for after break in for those periods?

·
Registered
8 Posts
These breakin settings are a bit different than what was posted a couple of weeks ago. I ran my breakin on the old settings for 150 hours. Should I run for a few hours at these settings? If so, for how much longer?

·
Registered
19,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliaskary77 /forum/post/14385576

if doing the break-in on the 111 with periods of watching full screen in between, do you suggest reference settings for non-break in users or reference settings for after break in for those periods?

To be honest, I don't really know. My best guess would be to use the break-in settings and the settings labeled "Non-Break-in DVD/Thumbdrive Owners ONLY!!!!!!!".

The settings labeled "Break-in DVD/Thumbdrive Owners ONLY!!!!!!! ONLY use these settings after the 150 hour break-in period!!!!!!!!!

"
are exclusive to those who choose to follow the break-in proceedure to the "T".

·
Registered
19,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRollTide /forum/post/14385657

These breakin settings are a bit different than what was posted a couple of weeks ago. I ran my breakin on the old settings for 150 hours. Should I run for a few hours at these settings? If so, for how much longer?

They are not that much different. The only changes were the A/V mode and color setting. If you used the prior settings, you are ok.

·
Registered
19,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherhole /forum/post/14385478

Wow, D-Nice, the settings before and after break-in REALLY changed!

I'll have to check out those settings and see how they work on my 151!

Thanks again.

Oh and... Subscribed!!

Yes they have. I was surprised that I actually had to use the Green High/Low sliders. I've never had to use them before.

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
D-Nice...

Will your calibration information on the non-Elites be posted in this thread or in the owner's thread once completed?

·
Registered
21,216 Posts
As I explained in the other Kuro thread, I don't have a PDP-6020FD yet but I am very close to getting one. Consequently, I would appreciate a playing lesson as to how the break in should be done without eliminating watching TV, too. Is there a recommended schedule for doing the break in, such as leaving the TV running the break in disk or slide show over night and using the break in settings?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I just ran the break-in settings while I slept or when the whole family was out of the house. That's about the only time my wife would tolerate it on.

·
Banned
3,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chem /forum/post/14385928

Sorry, this may come as a dumb question but what is D55, D65, D75?

Don't worry, I don't have a clue either. I'm sure one our incredibly helpful members here will explain it.

·
Registered
19,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chem /forum/post/14385928

Sorry, this may come as a dumb question but what is D55, D65, D75?

They are reference white points. Old black and white films are best viewed with D55(5500 Kelvin color temperature). Current source material use D65 (6504 Kelvin color temperature). D75 is just a higher color temperature that is more pleasing to average "sports fans".

21 - 40 of 11250 Posts