AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 11250 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Quick question,


If you want to use D65 settings for movies, regular content etc. and then want to use D75 for sports. How do you do this. Do you program the different settings in two different inputs, then switch your HDMI between them, or is there another way?


J.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cos16 /forum/post/14386286


Quick question,


If you want to use D65 settings for movies, regular content etc. and then want to use D75 for sports. How do you do this. Do you program the different settings in two different inputs, then switch your HDMI between them, or is there another way?


J.

D-Nice's D65 settings call for Pure mode. D-Nice's D55 settings call for Movie mode. I'm guessing the D75 settings will use one of the other modes (possibly Sport).


You can set each mode differently, though the mode is universal across all inputs. Just swap to the mode you want for the content you're watching.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Hey D,


I used the old 8G break-in settings with Evangelo2"s DVD on my 111FD because you did not have the new 9G settings up when I purchased my TV, so my question is can I use your current "9G reference settings" on my panel?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1 /forum/post/14386356


Hey D,


I used the old 8G break-in settings with Evangelo2"s DVD on my 111FD because you did not have the new 9G settings up when I purchased my TV, so my question is can I use your current "9G reference settings" on my panel?

Yes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,720 Posts
D-nice i would like to know why the change in settings when someone choose to either not break in the tv or break in the tv.?


and if you can explain in regards to the confusing settings that change or dont change? im honestly lost in regards to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice /forum/post/14385710


To be honest, I don't really know. My best guess would be to use the break-in settings and the settings labeled "Non-Break-in DVD/Thumbdrive Owners ONLY!!!!!!!".


The settings labeled "Break-in DVD/Thumbdrive Owners ONLY!!!!!!! ONLY use these settings after the 150 hour break-in period!!!!!!!!!

"
are exclusive to those who choose to follow the break-in proceedure to the "T".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,627 Posts
It'll be interesting to see. I did 154 hours of the break-in DVD total but, there was a lot of time between break-in periods that the set was turned off or I watched TV, a couple of movies, played a little bit of games. I made sure I had 150+ hours of the break-in DVD before I stopped using it.


Anyway, I will be trying both of D-Nice's reference settings on my set, but I can tell you right now, the one that is supposed to be used strictly for TVs that followed the Break-In DVD/USB Test Patterns will be less green-hued. One of the things I mentioned when I first tried D-Nice's original reference settings was that they seemed very green.


RH -3

GH 0

BH -2

RL 0

GL 0

BL +1


Compared to now:


RH -1

GH -1

BH +3

RL 0

GL -2

BL 0


And it seems that my most recent 'eye-balled' settings before I started using D-Nice's settings @:


RH 0

GH -3

BH +2

RL +1

GL 0

BL +2


were a lot closer than I expected!! Very interesting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,974 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice /forum/post/14385235


Mode 2 works with all stretch modes....just uses a different orbiter pattern.

So it would be safe to say just leave the orbitor set to mode2 all of the time correct?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
518 Posts
I would argue that if there are different recommended settings depending on whether you broke the TV in with the disk or just by watching normal content, then the settings are extraordinarily sensitive to the exact break-in color distribution.


But of course, each individual set really needs to be individually calibrated. But then what's the use of recommended settings? Or if recommended settings are just something to use in lieu of a real calibration, then how can they possibly be accurate enough to require differences depending on how the set was broken in?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
504 Posts
D-Nice your settings always say to leave the "Power save" option Off. However when I have mine set to off the TV buzzing very audibly from accross the room {about 16 ft away} everyone can hear it clearly and finds it annoying.


When I set the power save option to 2 it pretty much completely eliminates the buzz sound {meaning you can only hear it from a foot or so away from the set}


This is my second set and both had the same problem. If I am using your reference settings do you recommend me changing anything? Honestly I dont notice much of a drop in light output from the TV with it set to power save option 2.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,974 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinViegas /forum/post/14386925


D-Nice your settings always say to leave the "Power save" option Off. However when I have mine set to off the TV buzzing very audibly from accross the room {about 16 ft away} everyone can hear it clearly and finds it annoying.


When I set the power save option to 2 it pretty much completely eliminates the buzz sound {meaning you can only hear it from a foot or so away from the set}


This is my second set and both had the same problem. If I am using your reference settings do you recommend me changing anything? Honestly I dont notice much of a drop in light output from the TV with it set to power save option 2.

I think you just answered your own question with that sentence.

If it looks good to you with powersave mode2 then there ya go!


just sit back, relax, and rock out with your Kuro!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,720 Posts
hey D-nice theirs been some talk on the 9g non elite (not sure about the elite) in regards to gaming and its lag wtf?


basicly what i gatherd is that when you go into game mode and put it on that you have virtual no lag ms so its intresting to know if theirs an issue or if only a few members are really eye cathers or sensitive?


i never heard any complaints in the 8g owners in regards to gaming on pioneers so im hoping that theirs no change in the processing etc etc


but i do know that its not as bad as lcd lol so its not a deal breaker but more of a curiasity.


it started here i belive

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...8&postcount=58


a lil bit here

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post14387310


also with this being said as you kindly look at it what would you still recommend in what a/v mode in gaming?


i have gone from a crt (see my sig) to my 42" panasonic th-42px75u and i expereince no issues, i'v used componet to hdmi from 720p to 1080p again no issues as such
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Question for D-Nice or knowledgeable member:


I have my 111FD breaking in with the Break-in DVD and running the picture at Full screen, but this does not allow the wide screen to be effected by the break-in DVD.

Can some one explain why this isn't suppose to be running at a wide screen or Auto mode? My newbie videophile logic has me concerned!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,627 Posts
Alright, I've tested the new reference settings on my 151 and they indeed look even look more like I expect they should. One of my original comments about D-Nice's settings were that they had a very green hue to them, and sure enough, after I set the new settings up and swapped back and forth with the 'Tool' button, it kind of confirmed what I saw.


Mind you, I set D-Nice's original settings to my set which had already completed my break-in process. These "After Break-In" settings look better to my eyes even though I didn't follow the Break-In process to a 'T'.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,974 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValueMan /forum/post/14387611


Question for D-Nice or knowledgeable member:


I have my 111FD breaking in with the Break-in DVD and running the picture at Full screen, but this does not allow the wide screen to be effected by the break-in DVD.

Can some one explain why this isn't suppose to be running at a wide screen or Auto mode? My newbie videophile logic has me concerned!

hmm.

I am kinda having a hard time understanding the question.

could you elaborate?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,627 Posts
Valueman, I think it's just to ensure that if there is any under-scan in the source that it will properly fill all the pixels for completely even phosphor wear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,974 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherhole /forum/post/14387642


Valueman, I think it's just to ensure that if there is any under-scan in the source that it will properly fill all the pixels for completely even phosphor wear.

oh, ok. i see what he is asking.

yea, make sure the colors are covering the whole screen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,974 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherhole /forum/post/14387632


Alright, I've tested the new reference settings on my 151 and they indeed look even look more like I expect they should. One of my original comments about D-Nice's settings were that they had a very green hue to them, and sure enough, after I set the new settings up and swapped back and forth with the 'Tool' button, it kind of confirmed what I saw.


Mind you, I set D-Nice's original settings to my set which had already completed my break-in process. These "After Break-In" settings look better to my eyes even though I didn't follow the Break-In process to a 'T'.

Cool, I can't wait to put the settings in when I get home.

Does anyone else like to bump thier Gamma up to 2? Or thier DRE to low?? What are the drawbacks to doing this? Bumping the gamma up seems to increase shadow detail well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,720 Posts
chad i gotta be honest i had a hard time understanding value man as well but i guess its been answerd lol uhh i'd say play with your settings since your tv is already break in you can play to your taste accordinaly...
 
41 - 60 of 11250 Posts
Top