AVS Forum banner

11241 - 11250 of 11250 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a PRO-111FD that I purchased new basically at the end of their availability. It has been a true pleasure up until recently. For the last few months I have noticed a red or dark pink cotton candy-like smear on the screen. It has gotten more visible over time but is only noticeable when the screen is showing a mostly white background. BTW, D-Nice calibrated it for me in February of 2106. He definitely lived up to his outstanding reputation! Does anyone know if this can be fixed?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I have a PRO-111FD that I purchased new basically at the end of their availability. It has been a true pleasure up until recently. For the last few months I have noticed a red or dark pink cotton candy-like smear on the screen. It has gotten more visible over time but is only noticeable when the screen is showing a mostly white background. BTW, D-Nice calibrated it for me in February of 2106. He definitely lived up to his outstanding reputation! Does anyone know if this can be fixed?
Sounds like the usual VSUS Problem..

I am not a Pioneer owner.. but if you can increase VSUS voltage, give it a try..

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Lower XSUSB and YSUSB by 3 ticks (or more, go in one tick decrements).

·
Registered
588 Posts
I calibrated my krp 500m isf day came out great ,avg grayscale error was 1.0 and color was 1.1 de ,gamma is 2.2
night mode I calibrated to 30 fl ,grayscale was even better at 0.8 average error ,color was 1.0 avg error ,when I try to calibrate this to 2.4 gamma I can get the greyscale close at all ,if I calibrate to 2.2 its dead on .am I doing something wrong ?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I calibrated my krp 500m isf day came out great ,avg grayscale error was 1.0 and color was 1.1 de ,gamma is 2.2
night mode I calibrated to 30 fl ,grayscale was even better at 0.8 average error ,color was 1.0 avg error ,when I try to calibrate this to 2.4 gamma I can get the greyscale close at all ,if I calibrate to 2.2 its dead on .am I doing something wrong ?
My PRO-111FD was also calibrated with a 2.2 gamma. I was told that Kuros track better with 2.2 gamma. By the way, my TV is still great after being used for over 11 years now. No issues with red tint.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
As dwa247, Kuros track better with 2.2 gamma and need little to no adjustment to gamma to get a linear 2.2 gamma.

I've found that adjusting some but not all of the gamma points messes up the grayscale tracking even more. If you adjust all points by the same amount and same direction, the grayscale tracking is preserved. So you might want to try that and see if the gamma lines up to 2.4.

Reactions: Dave Scurrah

·
Registered
588 Posts
I figured it out, it was off because the control cal timed out and my Calman was reading standard mode ,I got a flat 2.4 for nightmode some of the gamma points were reduced to minus 2 to line it up . boy day mode can get bright on these tv ,mine is 52 ftlamberts or 179 nits ,night mode 29 ft lamberts . mine had the red tint 2 years ago ,I lowered the voltages ,its close to oled black . the only thing I noticed the setting r very course on the 500m ,1 click the wrong way and its off by a lot . can let go of it . I do have an a9g oled but the kuro can give it a run for its money in sdr

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I figured it out, it was off because the control cal timed out and my Calman was reading standard mode ,I got a flat 2.4 for nightmode some of the gamma points were reduced to minus 2 to line it up . boy day mode can get bright on these tv ,mine is 52 ftlamberts or 179 nits ,night mode 29 ft lamberts . mine had the red tint 2 years ago ,I lowered the voltages ,its close to oled black . the only thing I noticed the setting r very course on the 500m ,1 click the wrong way and its off by a lot . can let go of it . I do have an a9g oled but the kuro can give it a run for its money in sdr
I highly recommend you try my KuroCal program as a replacement. You won't have to fumble between different profiles/windows to access gamma controls since ALL ISF controls are in the same window (including ALL gamma points). In fact, it doesn't need profiles - it supports ALL KUROS out of the box, including the KRP model "patch". Further, it can copy your ISF settings to all inputs with one click of a button and is much more user friendly and intuitive. Best of all, it's FREE! Once more thing - it allows you to tinker with the service menu grayscale settings, which provide greater precision.

Here's a link to the thread and download for KuroCal:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/167-plasma-flat-panel-displays/3026296-kurocal-program.html

Here's a thread that includes links to all my Kuro programs, which are all free:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/167-...plays/3063632-consolidated-kuro-programs.html

Reactions: dsskid

·
Registered
18 Posts
As dwa247, Kuros track better with 2.2 gamma and need little to no adjustment to gamma to get a linear 2.2 gamma.

I've found that adjusting some but not all of the gamma points messes up the grayscale tracking even more. If you adjust all points by the same amount and same direction, the grayscale tracking is preserved. So you might want to try that and see if the gamma lines up to 2.4.
I have two pro-111fd tv's and I have your software..... thanks much
the questions is what numbers and settings to plug into it , with a set that was built in 2008-9 I am looking for basic calibration of pro-111fd without meters and calibration software. I have dvi and avia discs with the color swatches but thats it. Any ideas of what to do ? maybe copy someone else's settings?
thanks

11241 - 11250 of 11250 Posts