AVS Forum banner

2021 - 2040 of 2450 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Interesting. I did not know that Pioneer built BD players for Sony. Now I see that the main boards also look similar. The ports on the back are at the same positions. Pioneer has the network port but Sony leaves the area empty. The BD drives are the same too. The audio boards appear to be different though.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I Have Both Players And The Pioneer Is Much Heavier And Theres Something About The Feet Of The Pioneer You Can't Move The Thing Out Of Position Solid All Around. Both Players Are Slow Loading Certain Bd Movies, But The 95 Is Getting Faster After The Updates.

·
Registered
17,407 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffhdz /forum/post/14188099

Interesting. I did not know that Pioneer built BD players for Sony. Now I see that the main boards also look similar. The ports on the back are at the same positions. Pioneer has the network port but Sony leaves the area empty. The BD drives are the same too. The audio boards appear to be different though.

(insert lightbulb)

I'm surprised too. I kinda thought all these manufacturers were in vicious competition with each other and wouldn't dare share any information that might compromise their competitive position.

Now I'm thinking, that one company is making them all.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Pioneer has made the sony units from day one starting with the S-1. It is the same unit as the HD1 Pioneer, I have them both.

·
Registered
73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio-junky /forum/post/14184311

thank you much I did the download and burned the disc and installed the update without any hassles thanks again........

Where did you find the 3.27 update?

·
Registered
771 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by townofturley /forum/post/14194147

Did you read the post about 10 above yours??????

Sheesh, just visit the Pioneer web site. It's incredibly easy to find.

Sheesh, Pioneer's web site shows a firmware update for 3.26, not 3.27.

·
Registered
112 Posts
thorn5,

Its there uw69 above you put up a link...

·
Registered
771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn5 /forum/post/14195691

uw69,

The link I was using to get to their web site kept pulling up the previous firmware (3.26). Problem solved. Thank you very much for your help.

Your welcome, hope you enjoy your 95, I know I do.

·
Registered
714 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn5 /forum/post/14195691

uw69,

The link I was using to get to their web site kept pulling up the previous firmware (3.26). Problem solved. Thank you very much for your help.

I checked again today and the online upgrade server firmware 3.27 is still not available for the network server upgrade option. It still shows that my 3.26 is still the most current version when I tell it to check. Usually it doesn't take this long for it to be made available after the download has been posted.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRSW /forum/post/14184287

I tried also and it appears the new firmware has not been posted yet on their auto download site.

I see you live in Eagan. I lived and built homes in the Apple Valley area from 1968 thru 1982. I moved to Tucson in 82 and have not been back since but from some photos I have seen the area has really grown since I left.

I sold homes and town-homes part-time for New Horizon in the mid and late 70's. You probably remember them.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I just got a LX70A (Euro 95HD) as an insurance replacement for a stolen Panasonic BD10, and hooked it up last night. The picture quality is fantastic, but I've noticed a strange picture artefact that concerns me.

Every now and then the picture seems to freeze or judder for what looks like a single frame. At 24Hz pans looks very smooth, so these 'micropauses' stand out quite a bit even though they're very brief. At 60Hz they're harder to see, but still there. Has anyone seen anything like this?

I've played five movies so far, and spotted it to varying degrees on all of them. The discs are all new/clean, the player is on firmware 3.27, and the projector is a Panasonic AX100 using Source Direct from the Pioneer. My Panasonic BD10 was only 60Hz, but always very smooth with no freezing/judders. This is an annoying problem as the picture is otherwise a noticeable improvement.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Danceman325 here, I was already to purchase another 95 and the dealer I originally bought my first 95 from got cought by Pioneer selling on the internet , when he was not allowed to. Would the gentleman you mentioned at the Pioneer store direct me to a good deal or would the dealers he sent me to be looking at the 850.00 to 900.00 dollar level of price. I paid much less at the beginning of the year, than what the pricer's are currently for a brand new unit. In fact I was hoping to find one of our members who would like to sell his 95FD. Know anyone. Please send me a private message. Thanks

Danceman325

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
Danceman325,

You probably want to remove your email address as internet spambots will find it and drown you in spam. You can edit your post to remove the email address and ask them to PM you instead.

·
Registered
87 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danceman325 /forum/post/14227490

Danceman325 here, I was already to purchase another 95 and the dealer I originally bought my first 95 from got cought by Pioneer selling on the internet , when he was not allowed to. Would the gentleman you mentioned at the Pioneer store direct me to a good deal or would the dealers he sent me to be looking at the 850.00 to 900.00 dollar level of price. I paid much less at the beginning of the year, than what the pricer's are currently for a brand new unit. In fact I was hoping to find one of our members who would like to sell his 95FD. Know anyone. Please send me a private message. Thanks

Danceman325

Check Ebay for new and used units...95FD models appear there quite often. In fact, you can find my unit there now...

·
Registered
220 Posts
I returned my LX70A and tried a second unit, with firmware versions 3.20, 3.25 and 3.27. The frame skipping issue remains, so it appears there's some sort of incompatibility between this model and the Panasonic PT-AX100 projector. I will try the Panasonic BD30 now. I'm disappointed, as the Pioneer is an impressive piece of equipment (and in this case free).

2021 - 2040 of 2450 Posts