AVS Forum banner

1641 - 1660 of 2450 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
709 Posts
Watched I Robot last night. The reviews are right, it is the best PQ movie I have viewed yet, the AQ is also fantastic. This is the first movie that I actually turned the eq off and it sounded better than with it on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,028 Posts
Can the PCM analog outputs of the 95FD be managed as far as adjusting the individual volume output or any type of bass mangement?


My pre-amp does not have HDMI inputs so in using the analog outputs of the 95 allows me to take advantage of the HD audio from the blue-ray but am I stuck with this audio and bass as is, or is their any adjustments within the player that I can make other than selecting speaker large or small?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieP /forum/post/13408197


Can the PCM analog outputs of the 95FD be managed as far as adjusting the individual volume output or any type of bass mangement?


My pre-amp does not have HDMI inputs so in using the analog outputs of the 95 allows me to take advantage of the HD audio from the blue-ray but am I stuck with this audio and bass as is, or is their any adjustments within the player that I can make other than selecting speaker large or small?

I couldn't find anywhere in the menu where levels can be set on the 95. Fortunatly for me, my processor allows for level setting on the analog inputs, so I quick run with video essentials and i was all set.


(Looking forward to I am Legend tonight... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieP /forum/post/13408197


Can the PCM analog outputs of the 95FD be managed as far as adjusting the individual volume output or any type of bass mangement?


My pre-amp does not have HDMI inputs so in using the analog outputs of the 95 allows me to take advantage of the HD audio from the blue-ray but am I stuck with this audio and bass as is, or is their any adjustments within the player that I can make other than selecting speaker large or small?

Hi,


If you want to have the "full" sub on the 5.1 analog out, you've got to choose "large" on the speaker settings of the player.

If not, you'll get a very light sub level/impact...

I don't know why, but it works pretty much better that way.

Somebody already told it some pages before... and it is to be remembered !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Anyone else having problems with the Fox menus with this player?

My Man on Fire menu is super slow, along with scene selection....

Firmware is up to date.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
709 Posts
Why is this thread not a sticky anymore?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by madkaw /forum/post/13440538


Why is this thread not a sticky anymore?

Probably because the thread has slowed down so much. Used to be considerably more posts a day. Now only one or two...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Finally got my 95 today. Very impressed with it. SD Upconversion is way better then I thought too. Love seeing DTS HD Master on my receiver.

I looked thru the thread to see if anyone has addressed the setting in Video/Audio Adjust. plus I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Does anyone have any input there??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
714 Posts
I bought the last Pioneer 95 available in Southern Arizona. All the Pioneer Elite dealers in the whole area were out of stock and had no idea when they would be able to get any more.


I found one left at one of the Magnolia Home Theater stores and grabbed it. They are so low on Blu-ray players it is amazing. They have even sold all their demo players.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
700 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoWd0Wn /forum/post/13441758


Finally got my 95 today. Very impressed with it. SD Upconversion is way better then I thought too. Love seeing DTS HD Master on my receiver.

I looked thru the thread to see if anyone has addressed the setting in Video/Audio Adjust. plus I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Does anyone have any input there??


Not sure what you are looking for, but my professional TV calibrator said that I should have the video set on CUSTOM1 all the time. I havn't done anything with the audio.


Justin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,515 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtsguy /forum/post/13440131


Anyone else having problems with the Fox menus with this player?

My Man on Fire menu is super slow, along with scene selection....

Firmware is up to date.

The only Blu-ray title I have so far from Fox is Independence Day. However, the menus do not seem to be any slower than those of any other title. It does nevertheless, like a few other titles, use the slow-loading Java software that takes extra time at initial startup (repeated progress bars, etc.).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinHEMI05 /forum/post/13442303


Not sure what you are looking for, but my professional TV calibrator said that I should have the video set on CUSTOM1 all the time. I havn't done anything with the audio.


Justin

I was referring to in the Home Menu, there is an item called Video/ Audio Adjust.

Yes it is the Video I was referring too. I just wanted to know if anyone has some settings they use. Default is standard. Then you can choose Memory 1,2 or 3 with settings for each. I guess when he calibrated your tv he also set up one of the memory 1 for you. What are the settings he set it at. Also what type of monitor do you use?

Any other input would be great?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
709 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan /forum/post/13456188


This is still the top one or two Blu-Ray players on the market, it seems odd it is no longer a sticky.

That is what happens when a player does what it is supposed to, we end up talking about things that arent really player related. The HD1 thread is the same way, about all we talk about is what movie we just watched or are planning on watching.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,028 Posts
Got to love a bug free player that does what it suppose to do & gets firmware suport as needed. Hope Pioneer can repeat that with the next models we are waiting for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
After the 3.20 update my player seem slower and sometimes behaves very strange, i e menus look scrambled and other things. Didn't happen with previous firmwares. Is there some way of resetting the player, or loading the firmware over again?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,028 Posts
I would try a fresh new download of version 3.25, and simply reinstall it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtsguy /forum/post/13440131


Anyone else having problems with the Fox menus with this player?

My Man on Fire menu is super slow, along with scene selection....

Firmware is up to date.

Yes for me Die Hard and DH:WAV are really slow compared to my BD30
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,049 Posts
Any owners here get a chance to compare SD upconversion between the 95 and either of the new Denons? I'm specifically looking at the 2500 transport model.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,028 Posts
I have not seen it myself but I remember reading that the Denon actually did better with upconversion. However I think it also had problems doing 1080/24, don't know if thats been fixed yet.
 
1641 - 1660 of 2450 Posts
Top