AVS Forum banner

1661 - 1680 of 2450 Posts

·
Premium Member
700 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieP /forum/post/13456945

Got to love a bug free player that does what it suppose to do & gets firmware suport as needed. Hope Pioneer can repeat that with the next models we are waiting for.

Who is waiting for the next model? Because of all the things you mentioned, my 95FD will be gracing my shelf for a long LONG time to come.

Justin

·
Registered
771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinHEMI05 /forum/post/13484063

Who is waiting for the next model? Because of all the things you mentioned, my 95FD will be gracing my shelf for a long LONG time to come.

Justin

I need two more players to replace a Sony S300 (bedroom) and Sammy 1400 in the livingroom. So I'm waiting to see what Pioneer comes out with and the price point. I don't plan on replacing my Pio 95 in my theater anytime soon. Works flawlessly!

·
Premium Member
700 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by uw69 /forum/post/13485142

I need two more players to replace a Sony S300 (bedroom) and Sammy 1400 in the livingroom. So I'm waiting to see what Pioneer comes out with and the price point. I don't plan on replacing my Pio 95 in my theater anytime soon. Works flawlessly!

It was really more of a rhetorical question.

Justin

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
will a 14 second load time do it?

·
Premium Member
700 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieP /forum/post/13487477

will a 14 second load time do it?

It was really more of a rhetorical question.

Justin

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the bdp-95fd and the pdp-6010fd display. Extremely happy with it. Firmware support has been excellent. I am using it with a TacT 2.2x digital preamp, TacT digital Boz amp, Escalante Pinyons and a pair of Escalante subs. My connection is through the coax digital output. I have had an signature upgraded Denon 3930 in my system using the same set-up and I must say the sound quality and bass impact blows me way on the bpd-95fd (I have reviewed for stereotimes.com and did the Panny TH-50PHD6U review). In stock form, the Pioneer bpd-95fd is an excellent performer in terms of audio and video.

Given my system can only process two channel audio throught the digital output, am I getting the two channel version decoded Dolby Digital Plus?

·
Registered
220 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieP /forum/post/13466416

I would try a fresh new download of version 3.25, and simply reinstall it.

I meant 3.25 (I wrote 3.20). Is it possible to reinstall the same firmware? I seem to recall the player saying "You already have the latest firmware installed" or something like that. Maybe it was my HD-DVD, oh well. I'll give it a shot tonight.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I have seen very little talk about the Home Media Gallery feature of this player. I was thinking of hooking it up to my LAN. Is it worth it?

·
Registered
771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRSW /forum/post/13504280

I have seen very little talk about the Home Media Gallery feature of this player. I was thinking of hooking it up to my LAN. Is it worth it?

I use it quite a bit. Depends on how much of your video and picture files you have stored on PC weather it's worth it. Also how difficult it is to hook the 95 up to your LAN.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRSW /forum/post/13504280

I have my HD1 connected to my network and use the HMG occassionally. It is a very nice feature, but if too many files are stored in the folders that the media program on your computer uses that works with HMG, then it can become very slow to view these files in the HMG.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvoguy /forum/post/13494947

I meant 3.25 (I wrote 3.20). Is it possible to reinstall the same firmware? I seem to recall the player saying "You already have the latest firmware installed" or something like that. Maybe it was my HD-DVD, oh well. I'll give it a shot tonight.

According to the firmware instructions, you should see a NO DWLD 02 message if you try to reinstall the same version (See FAQs section on back). Still, it might be worth a try. But first, try turning off the player and then unplugging it for a couple of minutes. The "trauma" of a firmware update, even though successful, can sometimes leave some weird after effects!

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
I've got the Denon 2500 and have been considering taking it back and picking this one up instead.

Pioneer Pros over Denon:

-I like the feature on the Pioneer of outputting the native resolution.

-I've read that it has a bit rate display, but haven't found it anywhere in the manual. Can anyone confirm?

-No major bugs.

Cons:

-Profile 1.0

-Long load times

-Kinda pricey and cant find a good deal on it anywhere.

None of the cons for the Pioneer are a deal breaker for me, but there's some serious ones in the Denon that need to be fixed, and my return window is closing fast!

-LFE bug

-Being tripped up from DVE on 720p material.

My only needs are a transport. I just need something to get the movie to the receiver untouched. Bitstreamed audio, 1080p/24 for BD, 480i for DVD.

Any help would be great!

Oh... and the fact that a rep from Pioneer drops by every once in awhile doesn't hurt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have problem with it on player, it is very unreliable, cuts out usally within 20 minutes, when I try and restart it shows function not available. Rebooting player sometimes restarts it. Aslo photo playback is unreliable. Sometimes show picture in small size of only part of picture. No probloem with the functionality of the HMG in 940 plasma but wouled like to use the player for music as it connects through my A9 receiver

·
Registered
143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus /forum/post/13524624

I've got the Denon 2500 and have been considering taking it back and picking this one up instead.

Pioneer Pros over Denon:

-I like the feature on the Pioneer of outputting the native resolution.

-I've read that it has a bit rate display, but haven't found it anywhere in the manual. Can anyone confirm?

-No major bugs.

Cons:

-Profile 1.0

-Long load times

-Kinda pricey and cant find a good deal on it anywhere.

None of the cons for the Pioneer are a deal breaker for me, but there's some serious ones in the Denon that need to be fixed, and my return window is closing fast!

-LFE bug

-Being tripped up from DVE on 720p material.

My only needs are a transport. I just need something to get the movie to the receiver untouched. Bitstreamed audio, 1080p/24 for BD, 480i for DVD.

Any help would be great!

Oh... and the fact that a rep from Pioneer drops by every once in awhile doesn't hurt.

I dont think that the Elite does 1080p/24. I am also considering this player, but the load times are real, real bad.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiraca /forum/post/13528435

I dont think that the Elite does 1080p/24. I am also considering this player, but the load times are real, real bad.

Yes it does.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts

Quote:

The Elite BDP-95FD certainly does do 1080/24p - I use it all the time!

... but the load times are real, real bad.

But isn't that pretty much true of all Blu-ray and HD-DVD players?

·
Registered
714 Posts

Quote:

It does 1080p 24 for sure and I find the load times about the same as the Sony S300 and S500 I had prior to the Pioneer. The Pioneer 95 plays certain DVD discs I burned that the other two would not do. Standard DVD's appear to be better with this unit.

·
Registered
714 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus /forum/post/13530787

Does it show the bitrate?

Yes, just hit "DISPLAY" button while the disc is playing and the bitrate and other information comes up on screen hit it once more and more info appears and once more and it is gone. This is exactly the same as the Sony models.

1661 - 1680 of 2450 Posts