AVS Forum banner

341 - 358 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pioneer sclx501

Hello every one

Am new here so apologise if not the correct cat.

I have a pioneer sc lx 501 running with wharfedale reva4 (front) wharfedale vardus 400 (back) center and 2 subs sunfire sds12.
Does Anybody knows what the best speaker setup for this number of speakers.
I have it on 5.1 but somethings wrong with the 2nd sub so I guess that something is wrong with my settings
Thanx
Tasos

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, anybody ever had that problem: the receiver won't send signal to my subs anymore (subs are both working, i checked), is there something i can try or check? Sub is on in settings and double bass also is on. If anybody has any idea.

·
Registered
14 Posts
OK, I cant figure out how to have my 2 outdoor speakers working, and how to turn them on and off...I am very confused, I had them working for a bit, but did something wrong, and have done the mic setup several times, several configurations. I just have 2 front, center, 2rear and sub, but want outdoor speakers option...:Where am I going wrong? I tried zone 2 and wired them to the height outputs, like the manual says, but that didnt work, so I wired them back to surround rear, it did work for awhile...Any help, thanks!

Update: so I rewired the outdoor speakers to height/B....now I have good old a/b like Im used to, but Im still building my room and have ceiling speakers going in, what do I do then? I want the full atmos in my room, but still want outdoor speakers, if I need those terminals for my ceiling, what do I do for outdoor sound?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

So I got a good deal on the amp. It's fantastic I downloaded few Atmos demos and it sounds amazing. But I was reading somewhere that maybe I am not getting the Atmos sound. Because it's not showing up on the display and even when I look for the Dolby Atmos option I don't find any. Is there a way to enable it.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear All,

My LX501 AVR can't power on now. Only blue light on NETWORK Led.
When I push power button, there is only "clicked" sound and nothing happen then.
How do I resolve this issue? Please help me. Thank you all very much!!
Here is the image:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,370 Posts
Welcome. Please continue in the owner's thread.

Reactions: Tuan Chu Minh

·
Registered
3 Posts
All surround functions "Not Available"

Not sure what went wrong with my SC-LX501. I have had it for about 3 years with no problems. Suddenly I am only getting sound from the left and right front speakers. If I press Auto/Direct, Surr, or Stereo I get "Not Available" displayed on the unit. In the set up screen, the Speaker set up is disabled.

I have press "i" for status I get :

[Audio] CBL/SAT
Input : HDMI 2
Dolby D
5.0 ch
Output: Direct
2 Ch

It seems that some how I am stuck in direct 2.0 channels.

The AV Adjust Button shows:

Tone MCACC EQ
Level Manual EQ Select
MCACC Phase Control
Other Theater Filter

All of these functions are disabled except MCACC and Other.

Speaker wires are all connected properly but some how I seemed to have turned off all but the front Left/Right Channels.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Atmos not working (I think)

New to this, so please excuse any newbie errors. I choose Auto Surround listening mode typically, but the display (on receiver, or TV after pressing Status button) never says Atmos. Input will say Atmos on the TV (after pressing Status button) and input is coming from Apple TV 4K which is set to enable Atmos. I can change listening mode to DTS Neural: X which sounds great but would like to utilize Atmos if the input is encoded for it. How do I know if listening mode is Atmos? Does the Output (on TV or receiver) ever say Atmos? Any help much appreciated!

John
Pioneer SC-LX501 w/ 5.1.2
Elite EBS73-LR
Elite EC73
Def tech ceiling (2)
Elac sub 3030

·
Registered
309 Posts
2.1 setup problem

I have a pair of klipsch tower rp-280fa and a klipsch Sup. Trying to run speakers large but when I do it cuts my subwoofer off. Should I not run the towers at large? I have sub on and crossover set at 80hz from receiver.
I have read on the Def Tech thread that the manual for the speakers says to set them to large, but that is without a subwoofer. Everyone says to set them to small. it doesn't inhibit them. That how I have my Def Tech towers and it sounds great. And 80Hz is the usual crossover although you can try 60Hz and compare.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Within the past few days it seems my HDMI input #2 failed. It’s the one labeled Cbl/Sat on the back of the receiver. It’s 1 of the 3 inputs that will pass a 4K signal through to myTV. First, is it possible to fix an individual HDMI input? Second, I’m wondering if this is a precursor to more HDMI failures.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was using Hificast app to stream hi-res music to built-in Chromecast and it was working fine. Recently I found that Chromecast is shown as offline. Goggle home does not see it either. However, DLNA renderer still works and I am able to stream music to it. Not a big deal probably as it works fine as well (except I can't join it into any group anymore), but it's rather strange. Could anyone please confirm if you still can see your receiver's Chromecast?

·
Registered
Sony A8H 65, Panasonic UB820P-K, Pioneer SC-LX501, Klipsch R-820F, Sunfire MKIV, Pioneer KRP-500M
28 Posts
I was using Hificast app to stream hi-res music to built-in Chromecast and it was working fine. Recently I found that Chromecast is shown as offline. Goggle home does not see it either. However, DLNA renderer still works and I am able to stream music to it. Not a big deal probably as it works fine as well (except I can't join it into any group anymore), but it's rather strange. Could anyone please confirm if you still can see your receiver's Chromecast?
FYI, firmware update on 23sep20 available.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey fellow Pioneer Elite owners... long time reader, first timer writer... On my SC-LX801 (media room) I am able to hold down dimmer and press direct/auto to enable "enhanced 4k", which solved a PS5 resolution problem I was having (could display in 1080 HDR, or 4K No HDR, but not 4K HDR). However this neat little trick doesn't work on the SC-LX501 (living room) I have. I have searched the internet trying to find out how to do it on the 501, but have had no luck. Even on "non Elite" Pioneers there is an option to do this. Anyone figure this one out yet? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is it possible to add a subwoofer amplifier such as a buttkicker bka1000-4a from the sub preout?

and if you're running an external sub amp with your receiver, what are you using?

thanks.

341 - 358 of 358 Posts