AVS Forum banner

661 - 678 of 678 Posts

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Very loud and powerful, just a touch less refined than our home cinema/studio line of loudspeakers. The C212 is a large cabinet, you have space for those? They would have to be special order from our factory in Sweden, we do not keep stock in USA of those. Please email us your room drawings on [email protected], thanks.

When you say less refined, can you mention in what ways please being that these would be special order? If I could demo them I would just do that but doubt that is possible, right?

The C28 might could work but the C212 would definitely get the job done being that it will play well below 50Hz where there is still tons of content.

Bests
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
69 Posts
Seems to download the iso file fine for me and then Windows mounts the file as an optical driver for installing.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Hi Richard, have you visited the Invision & Procella Audio demo room in Bracknell? See https://procella.audio/uk-reference-home-cinema/ and https://www.invisionuk.com/resources/reference-home-cinema-booking/

Regards, Gerben

I have P8s as my LCR. I see that Procell now offers in-wall versions of P8. One of my friend is looking for in-wall options for LCR. How do the two (P8 and P8iW) compare when it comes to pure performance and usage. Will P8IW perform identically to P8s kept in small individual cubbies in wall behind the screen assuming everything else is same and the wall is identical in other ways.

Something like this but without the acoustic absorbers.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have P8s as my LCR. I see that Procell now offers in-wall versions of P8. One of my friend is looking for in-wall options for LCR. How do the two (P8 and P8iW) compare when it comes to pure performance and usage. Will P8IW perform identically to P8s kept in small individual cubbies in wall behind the screen assuming everything else is same and the wall is identical in other ways.

Something like this but without the acoustic absorbers.

View attachment 3031065
Performance and Specifications are identical, except that of course the dispersion differs due to the angled HF, so you need to check that those angles work for his seating positions (the 15 degree downward angle on the HF will in most cases work very well indeed, unless you mount the P8iW considerably too low). The P8iW will perform better at low frequencies due to baffle loading when mounted in a wall, but a well mounted P8 in a baffle wall will achieve the same.
I would recommend acoustical absorbers behind the screen tho, these are a great improvement of any room.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Any P18 owners who want to share their experiences after living with the sub for some time?

Does it/they suffice in the 18-30hz area at reference level in your room?
Anyone have any measurements of the response?

Reason I ask is that I have looked a lot at having them in my upcoming room as they have limited physical depth. But can't get my head around the combination of a pro-style driver in a tiny sealed enclosure. On paper that screams high distortion and compression below ~35hz.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Any P18 owners who want to share their experiences after living with the sub for some time?

I've personally been in two private theaters, each with dual P18s, and was astonished with the output. Astonished to the point it felt like the chairs had bass shakers and my insides were rattling around because of it...only to find out that only the P18s were on and pressurizing the room and zero bass shakers were installed. The beginning scene of the Polar Express movie when the train rolls in was especially impressive among the demo material I heard. Super tight, super clean and I never once felt there was any missing either audible or infrasonic bass. In short, the sub is an absolute beast.

·
Registered
58 Posts
After a bit of advice please, just changed out all my speakers for a Procella setup :)

I currently only run a 7.2 setup so i've gone for 3 x P8's for the Front and 4 x P5V's for surrounds. Was planning on wall mounting all the speakers as that is how i had my previous XTZ M8's LCR and 4 x XTZ M6's as surrounds mounted. Unfortunately i don't have the luxury of a dedicated room, so the plan was to have the P8's either side of my 65" OLED, however, that isn't possible with the supplied bracket that comes with the P8's, it also doesn't give the ability to "Toe in" the speakers.

I'm sure i can't be the only person with this problem, so wanted to ask if anyone knows of a suitable 3rd party wall mount bracket that will work with the P8's ?

Many thanks for any suggestions in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Reason I ask is that I have looked a lot at having them in my upcoming room as they have limited physical depth. But can't get my head around the combination of a pro-style driver in a tiny sealed enclosure. On paper that screams high distortion and compression below ~35hz.
I run two P15a's and have no complaints, the best subs I have had so far.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys I’m new here I have a 16 wide by 30 length by 8 height looking to do a 9.2.4. Very interested in procella line since I’m going with the trinnov altitude16 processor. I was thinking about for LCR P815 for sides and rear p6v. For subs I was thinking of going with 2 jtr Captivator 4000ulf. Any thoughts or ideas or anything you think I should add or change. I appreciate it guys because I’m in the process now of getting this home theater room started and wanted to make sure this would be the best setup

·
Registered
150 Posts
After a bit of advice please, just changed out all my speakers for a Procella setup :)

I currently only run a 7.2 setup so i've gone for 3 x P8's for the Front and 4 x P5V's for surrounds. Was planning on wall mounting all the speakers as that is how i had my previous XTZ M8's LCR and 4 x XTZ M6's as surrounds mounted. Unfortunately i don't have the luxury of a dedicated room, so the plan was to have the P8's either side of my 65" OLED, however, that isn't possible with the supplied bracket that comes with the P8's, it also doesn't give the ability to "Toe in" the speakers.

I'm sure i can't be the only person with this problem, so wanted to ask if anyone knows of a suitable 3rd party wall mount bracket that will work with the P8's ?

Many thanks for any suggestions in advance.
Hi Shane, you probably do not need any toe-in. With the wide and controlled dispersion of our waveguides (meaning that all High Frequencies are dispersed equally throughout the indicated dispersion angle of the WG), you are most likely already covering your entire seating area with HF, so no need for further toe-in. Just project the angle (80°H x 35°V) of the waveguide into your room, you are most likely already inside the dispersion.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi guys I’m new here I have a 16 wide by 30 length by 8 height looking to do a 9.2.4. Very interested in procella line since I’m going with the trinnov altitude16 processor. I was thinking about for LCR P815 for sides and rear p6v. For subs I was thinking of going with 2 jtr Captivator 4000ulf. Any thoughts or ideas or anything you think I should add or change. I appreciate it guys because I’m in the process now of getting this home theater room started and wanted to make sure this would be the best setup
Hi Izza, the P815 is perfect for a 30' room, you will have THX reference level all the way to the back row! The P6V as surrounds are a great combination with the P815, as per our Identical Voice design, they sound the same for total sonic immersion, just less loud of course. For the Atmos, you can use the P5 on articulating brackets, or our new P5iCW (in-ceiling, in-wall), that has a built-in toe-in for the HF. These will be announced soon and ship in Q1/21. The subs to use for this room would be the P18 or the V18!! This is a very similar set-up as our new demo room in Amsterdam, see photos of that build here: Procella Audio

Email us if you have any more questions: [email protected]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Shane, you probably do not need any toe-in. With the wide and controlled dispersion of our waveguides (meaning that all High Frequencies are dispersed equally throughout the indicated dispersion angle of the WG), you are most likely already covering your entire seating area with HF, so no need for further toe-in. Just project the angle (80°H x 35°V) of the waveguide into your room, you are most likely already inside the dispersion.
Hi Gerben,

Thanks very much for your reply, very much appreciated.
I have a couple of additional questions, i have wall mounted P8 L&R either side of my screen, however as a temporary measure my centre P8 is sat on my AV cabinet directly beneath my screen, sod's law i need to raise my screen by a couple of inches in order to wall mount the centre, which unfortunately i can't do on my own due to Covid restrictions (n)
Whilst it seems to work quite well sat on my cabinet, if i do wall mount it, i was contemplating inverting it as per the installation guide for beneath the screen. My question is, will it still mount using the supplied bracket when inverted?

I also have a Trinnov Altitude 16 and wanted to get the best out of the speakers, are there any recommended EQ settings that i can apply?

Many thanks in anticipation, best wishes for this festive season and a happy and prosperous 2021 to you and everyone else.

Shane

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi Gerben,

Thanks very much for your reply, very much appreciated.
I have a couple of additional questions, i have wall mounted P8 L&R either side of my screen, however as a temporary measure my centre P8 is sat on my AV cabinet directly beneath my screen, sod's law i need to raise my screen by a couple of inches in order to wall mount the centre, which unfortunately i can't do on my own due to Covid restrictions (n)
Whilst it seems to work quite well sat on my cabinet, if i do wall mount it, i was contemplating inverting it as per the installation guide for beneath the screen. My question is, will it still mount using the supplied bracket when inverted?

I also have a Trinnov Altitude 16 and wanted to get the best out of the speakers, are there any recommended EQ settings that i can apply?

Many thanks in anticipation, best wishes for this festive season and a happy and prosperous 2021 to you and everyone else.

Shane
Hi Shane, sorry abou t late reply, I've been away for hols. No, the wall bracket only works normal position, not upside-down. Gravity... You will have to use some kind of shelf solution.

I can't comment on the Trinnov EQ question, the P8 itself does not need EQ, just bass management (but also try it without, some movies already have BM applied in their soundtrack!)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Shane, sorry abou t late reply, I've been away for hols. No, the wall bracket only works normal position, not upside-down. Gravity... You will have to use some kind of shelf solution.

I can't comment on the Trinnov EQ question, the P8 itself does not need EQ, just bass management (but also try it without, some movies already have BM applied in their soundtrack!)
Hi Gerben,

Many thanks for your reply, as always it's very much appreciated.

The lack of an inverted mounting option seems to be a bit of an oversight seeing it is how you recommend mounting it if below a display. Would have thought it would of been easy enough to machine another mounting slot into the speaker for this very purpose?
Apart from that small criticism, i'm very much enjoying the Procella experience (y)

Kind Regards

Shane

661 - 678 of 678 Posts