AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rFactor will be out any day now and AutoSimSport has reviewed a near final version of the game!

*Download Review Here*

You should read the impressions on the review in *this thread* and *this thread*

So lets see:

1)Awesome physics = check

2)Stable 60fps or higher on a decent PC = check

3)Impressive Force Feedback = check

3)Gorgeous graphics = check

4)Fantastic net code = check

5)Insane mode capability = check

6)Killer cars = check

and even *more features*

http://img156.echo.cx/img156/9885/fudance4fo.gif

Can't wait to get my FF wheel!! :D

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Internet multiplayer support for GTR is a confusing mess. Let me know if rFactor is any better.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Well it's finally out. Anyone else picked it up yet?

EDIT: I managed to put in a few hours this afternoon and am really enjoying it! The graphics look much better than in the demo, and the city circuit they put together is really nice.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetPreacher
Well it's finally out.

It's not out yet.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by isamu
It's not out yet.
well then somebody better tell StreetPreacher, he seems to think he's been playing it. ;)

·
Registered
996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by isamu
Steve I have been following this game for years now and if it was out, believe me I would be the first one to know....and I'm TELLING you...the game is not out yet!
Err... you posted this today? rFactor's been out since Wednesday. Personally it's an amazing platform, I haven't had much seat time(racing GTR still) with it but it's very promising. I can't get into the fake cars, although the open wheel cars are very cool. And I've never been into open wheelers.

I don't know what part of GTR ileff thought was a mess (maybe the login part?) but rFactor's menu system is pretty unorganized. You really have remember where everything is.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I was trying to join an Internet race from Arcade mode. I guess that is not supported because the lobby was always empty.

I had a little better luck from Simulation but it seemed the login servers weren't working correctly.

I finally threw my hands up because I was wasting too much time. I have no problem playing Colin McRae 05 on the internet.

I'm looking forward to trying 360 on Live.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ileff
I was trying to join an Internet race from Arcade mode. I guess that is not supported because the lobby was always empty.

I had a little better luck from Simulation but it seemed the login servers weren't working correctly.

I finally threw my hands up because I was wasting too much time. I have no problem playing Colin McRae 05 on the internet.

I'm looking forward to trying 360 on Live.
You're right about the lobby. Simbin's "lobby" execution is probably the worst I've ever seen. The other day the lobby was down for 12hrs! And even if you want to connect by direct ip, you HAVE to authenticate against their servers. And the worst part, you have to have a persistent connection to the lobby while you're racing!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Simbin? Arcade mode?

Are you talking about GTR/GT Legends or rFactor?

I don't think simbin has anything to do with rFactor, although GT Legends does use the same gmotor 2.0 engine...

/me confused...

·
Registered
860 Posts
I've been playing this (r-factor) for a little over a week and I must say that it is terrific. At first I was very underwhelmed until I really started poking around and discovering settings. Then I downloaded the F3 mod and a new texture pack for the mills course and all I can say is wow. When it is run at full details at high resolution with upgraded textures it looks just as good as anything I have seen from PGR 3 and almost certainly plays better.

This game is designed from the ground up to be a base for mod work and MANY incredible mods are already on the way.

Check it out.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I've been thinking the same thing mking. I'm going to try and put a replay video together on the street course and see how it stacks up to the pgr3 footage I have. :D And in this game I can use force feedback, and a clutch! There's nothing like screaming into a corner, braking at the last second, dropping two gears, and feathering the gas before reengaging the clutch to keep the car balanced coming out of the turn.

Now if someone could just get hold of bizarre's city models, we'd have one hell of an rfactor mod :p

And if you haven't poked around in the .plr file yet, then you should check that out. I was able to turn on a few special effects that weren't showing up even when the in game settings were maxed out.

·
Registered
167 Posts
i got it also, played for 2 hours and decided to sell off all my extra copys of nascar2003 ,lol, when the uspits gets the nascar mod out, nothing else will matter, just a awsome game,day to night transition is so cool, F3 mod is awsome, got the F-1 skins,boy they [email protected]@k great,get it now ,its worth 40 bucks all day long, after playing rfactor i tossed in GTR for free when i sold nascar03 lol

dice

·
Registered
860 Posts
Quote:
And if you haven't poked around in the .plr file yet, then you should check that out. I was able to turn on a few special effects that weren't showing up even when the in game settings were maxed out.
Thanks I'll try that.

I do think that the city course does need some new textures before it will stand up to PRG 3, but that's the great thing about rfator, you can add all sorts of new stuff!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Quote:
On second thought, could you please post a few details? I'm not really sure what I am poking around for. :eek:

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Do you have a link to some sites with these mods? I bought rFactor but haven't played it to much yet. Hope to get some time this weekend.

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
860 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.