AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1255 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, as much as I appreciate the enthusiasm of trying to find an ETA on the BD-UP5000 I'm finding it bothersome to check +5 threads for new info. So PLEASE use this thread for any info rather than starting a new and unnecessary thread. Amazon, Best Buy, ABT, or even your South Korean brother-in-law who is hearing the trucks loading in shipping, it all goes here.

I'll start. I called ABT yesterday for another order and figured I'd ask while I had them on the line. When I preordered last week they said they'd get it in 2 weeks, but now their computer says Nov 28th, so December looks to be the earliest.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Well, if I had to bet, I would bet that nobody will see these until January. It is too much of a coincidence that the NEW Amazon date is January and that other sources are also saying delayed until January.

I hope that those with the "ship Nov 1st" pre-orders will post here as soon as they find out if their units have (or have not) shipped. It would be nice to know what's up with these.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I just called a place club mac. They told me they have 70 on back order and will recieve 110 player on jan, 7 of 08. The other place I called also said early January. I would say that there is a 99% chance we won't see these player until January.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Good Thread!

·
Registered
40 Posts
How about 99.99% chance of not seeing until Jan?

I just had to approve a delay in my Amazon pre-order, from estimated ship of Nov 5 to estimated ship Jan 7.

Oh well. I've been waiting this long to jump into HD/BD, why not wait a couple more months...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hi ALL,

Just for kicks I went to a new Best Buy near me just to see what was there. And indeed there was a spot on the shelve for the 5000 and a price but no stock. One of the salesmen asked me if I need help and I told him I knew the answer but could he check availability anyway. As expected there was no stock in the store or warehouse, but as luck may have it the Samsung factory representative was there and they went and got her for me.

This is what she said (remember she is NOT a BB employee, but IS a Samsung employee). She said that they should be in BB around mid November. I told her that Amazon, and other e-tailers are now saying Jan 1st. She said that Samgung always ships to the brick and mortar retail stores FIRST and then later on to other outlets including e-tailers. She also said that BB usually gets first dibs on new products from Samsung. Lastly, she did say that if it did slip some more it wouldn't be very much longer and certainly should be in the retail stores in time for Christmas!! So we'll see what we shall see!!!!

Gerry

P. S. On the price sticker for the invisible 5000, it stated that you will get 4 BR or HD DVD disks when you buy the 5000. Not too great of a list but free is free!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I just got back from Best Buy. I spoke to 2 people one from Magnolia and a TV salesman, one said he heard December the other corrected him and said January. I don't remember SKU# being posted here, does anyone have it?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Just spoke with my rep at ABT. They now have updated info from Samsung saying January as well. Samsung really screwed the pooch on this one. I cancelled my order.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie /forum/post/12085252

Just spoke with my rep at ABT. They now have updated info from Samsung saying January as well. Samsung really screwed the pooch on this one. I cancelled my order.

thats disappointing if the post above regarding BB getting them in sooner is true, which could be true if they're putting up in-store price signs. i really don't like the big time difference from retailer to retailer, wish the details were more forethcoming.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidrock69 /forum/post/12085558

thats disappointing if the post above regarding BB getting them in sooner is true, which could be true if they're putting up in-store price signs. i really don't like the big time difference from retailer to retailer, wish the details were more forethcoming.

Agreed, really wish Samsung would step up and let us know.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had an order with Amazon at the $999 price with a November 1 ship date. I checked every day since placing the order and they showed delivery within a few days of November 1. Amazon sent me an e-mail around noon today indicating the ship date would be changed to January 8, 2008, was that okay? I cancelled the order. I would imagine everyone else who ordered from Amazon with a November 1 ship date will be getting the same e-mail I just did.

·
Registered
62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwiebelhaus /forum/post/12086823

I had an order with Amazon at the $999 price with a November 1 ship date. I checked every day since placing the order and they showed delivery within a few days of November 1. Amazon sent me an e-mail around noon today indicating the ship date would be changed to January 8, 2008, was that okay? I cancelled the order. I would imagine everyone else who ordered from Amazon with a November 1 ship date will be getting the same e-mail I just did.

I got the same email with a 1/4 delivery date. I think I will leave the order open until I see what other options develop. It still may be the earliest delivery available.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My guess would be that BestBuy and maybe some other retailers may have a few available on Black Friday, followed by general retail availablility later in December (as the Samsung press release stated).

·
Registered
971 Posts
Jumped off this bandwagon for now. Got a Toshiba HDA2 for the price of the 5 rebate movies @ Sam Walton's machine this am (called thier secret sale). I'm sure this and other universals players will be more reasonable next year at this time

·
Banned
11,423 Posts
ABT confirmed to me a few hours ago the late Nov. date...will probably hear something different if I call back tomorrow.

·
RETIRED theater builder
33,844 Posts

·
Registered
3,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggking3 /forum/post/12093401

My guess would be that BestBuy and maybe some other retailers may have a few available on Black Friday, followed by general retail availablility later in December (as the Samsung press release stated).

Bingo. I stopped at BB today, and they said they'd have their first batch around Thanksgiving. But they wouldn't take an order for one...

1 - 20 of 1255 Posts