AVS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 8188 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
well thats why i am waiting for the 8000

it appears that the 7000 doesn't have the "real black filter" and the 8000 does. Hopfully

and if they both do then well i guess black levels aren't as good as I hoped

·
Registered
803 Posts
Doesn't "real black filter" just mean that Samsung "painted" black as much of the area surrounding each pixel? I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be a bad thing.

You know the plasma manufacturers have hit a brick wall in reducing pre-discharge light when they have to resort to painting the screen black.

·
Registered
803 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrist /forum/post/18449465

I don't think a filter would affect its measured black level anyway?

Correct. An AR filter doesn't affect idle luminance. Of course, it doesn't hurt to have a heavy, dark filter in addition to low MLL like Pioneer. But on its own it doesn't do much good outside of a bright room.

·
Vendor
29,897 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma /forum/post/18449616

Last year the 550,560 almost tested the exact same as the 850,860. There was a huge gap in price and thinness, but that was it.

--The 7000 is about 1" thick and very sleek

Does the same hold true this year?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Jesus so far from what I read things are looking really good for the C7000 then... I'm getting really excited for my TV! DEF dont regret canceling the G25 and shelling out the extra $$$ I have to wait a tiny bit longer then I thought but I know it'll be worth it

·
Registered
197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma /forum/post/18449616

Last year the 550,560 almost tested the exact same as the 850,860. There was a huge gap in price and thinness, but that was it.

--The 7000 is about 1" thick and very sleek

i actually saw that when cnet reviewed the 650 they saw better black levels than on the 850

·
Registered
289 Posts
Isn't the Real Black Filter on the Samsung plasmas kind of like tinted your windows on your car, so it should make a difference in terms of black level right? Doesn't the 7000 series has the it like the 8000 series? I believe the only difference is that the 8000 has a isf-day and night mode. Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

·
Registered
197 Posts
i still think the c7000 has the real black filter since when i saw it at the store, it showed no glare whatsoever plus the samsung website still lists the real black filter on the c7000 page unlike cinema smooth which was taken out from the page

·
Registered
289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim1126 /forum/post/18450031

i still think the c7000 has the real black filter since when i saw it at the store, it showed no glare whatsoever plus the samsung website still lists the real black filter on the c7000 page unlike cinema smooth which was taken out from the page

That's what I thought. So this years sets do do a better job at reducing glare and reflections. Kudos to Samsung. Just check the 7000 manual, no Cinema Smooth either.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthead /forum/post/18449756

Jesus so far from what I read things are looking really good for the C7000 then... I'm getting really excited for my TV! DEF dont regret canceling the G25 and shelling out the extra $$$ I have to wait a tiny bit longer then I thought but I know it'll be worth it

You'll want to watch everything in 2D to 3D conversion, I do. The picture is simplly more life like. It really is like looking through a window. It's funny though, sports aren't that much different because the camera is so far back. I don't think ESPN's 3D sports channel is going to be that good. I assume you bought the 3D BR player and got the 3D starter pack for free. If not, get it!

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
You guys, forget about the nuances of the PQ. The picture on the 7000 plasma is great and the 3D conversion is killer. Any set that doesn't have it is severely lacking. The 8000 and up "may" (I doubt it) have slightly better PQ but the 3D is where it is at.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill /forum/post/18450172

You'll want to watch everything in 2D to 3D conversion, I do. The picture is simplly more life like. It really is like looking through a window. It's funny though, sports aren't that much different because the camera is so far back. I don't think ESPN's 3D sports channel is going to be that good. I assume you bought the 3D BR player and got the 3D starter pack for free. If not, get it!

and have to have glasses on whenever im watching tv? no thanks

·
Registered
197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill /forum/post/18450172

does the 3d show any ghosting like the leds do?

·
Registered
29 Posts
We went to BB in Lexington to buy the Panasonic 50" G20, but after looking at the Panasonic 50" VT20 3D demo at the Magnolia Store, my whole Family is convinced we should a 3D TV. My wife agreed to increase our TV budget from a max of $1500 to $2000, so the 50" VT25 is out our range (also I believe it is not worth extra $500 over the Samsung). So we are now in the market for the PN50C7000, we hope to see a demo of it in BB soon, before we order online from Cleveland Plasma or Crutchfield.

A few questions for the experts...

Does this TV come with atleast one 3D glass included?

Do you think in the coming months, 3rd party manufacturers will start selling replacement 3D glasses for Samsung? ($150 for a 3D glass is ridiculous, $1800 for the TV and $600 for 4 glasses, come on!!! sounds like a rip off.)

61 - 80 of 8188 Posts