AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 5905 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*Welcome to the only "dedicated" thread for Samsung's new 2010 8000 series 3D plasma. Please feel free to add photos, tips, tweaks, etc.

*Here's the direct link to the owner's manual;

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...04L03-0507.pdf

*From Samsung's website;

"With Samsung’s PN50C8000, PN58C8000, and PN63C8000 Plasma HDTV you’re not just watching the action on screen, you’re part of it. Thanks to the wonder of revolutionary 3D Plasma Plus technology, car chases and home runs leap off the screen like never before. And web-connected Samsung Apps turn your TV into an all-in-one entertainment hub where you can stream movies, flip through photos and more right from your Samsung television. Action-packed sports are also realistically smooth with 600Hz Subfield Motion and Real Black Filter delivers sharp scenes in any light. It’s Plasma TV, reinvented."

*PN50C8000 support page;
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/de...me=PN50C8000YF

*PN58C8000 support page;

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/de...me=PN58C8000YF

*PN63C8000 support page;

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/t...il&tab=support

*The current firmware is 1035 (Released 02/21/2011)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound & Vision /forum/post/18662914

With Samsung's PN50C8000, PN58C8000, and PN63C8000 Plasma HDTV you're not just watching the action on screen, you're part of it. Thanks to the wonder of revolutionary 3D Plasma Plus technology, car chases and home runs leap off the screen like never before. And web-connected Samsung Apps turn your TV into an all-in-one entertainment hub where you can stream movies, flip through photos and more right from your Samsung television. Action-packed sports are also realistically smooth with 600Hz Subfield Motion and Real Black Filter delivers sharp scenes in any light. It's Plasma TV, reinvented.

*PN50C8000 support page;
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/de...me=PN50C8000YF

*PN58C8000 support page;

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/de...me=PN58C8000YF

*PN63C8000 support page;

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/t...il&tab=support

Thanks!

I'll post some pictures, soon......again.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have mine on pre-order from ABT, should be about 2-3 weeks.

Can anyone recommend a cheap/effective mount, specifically, one from monoprice? (for the 63" model)

·
Registered
713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmagz /forum/post/18663103

Nice setup Tonic, and very nice C8000. But please do tell... what is the purpose of the foam rubber under your towers?

I will have to do something similar i'm sure ... i am guessing this is an apt/condo and they have down stairs neighbors . That will help stop the base from going right to the floor and shaking/bugging the hell out of them

·
Registered
65 Posts
Has anyone converted from the LED 8000 to the plasma 8000 or compared side-by-side and willing to comment on their experiences? I have the UN8000 (LED) currently and the picture is good, but I am having a hard time getting past the viewing angle washout. My problem is I have a very bright room, my wife does not like to watch in the dark, and the LED has no problem producing a bright picture and maintaining its blacks in this env. Does anyone have the PN8000 in a bright room and can comment on how well its picture quality holds up? I have two more weeks on my 30 days with the UN8000 and just trying to decide if I should give the plasma a shot. Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skooba /forum/post/18663069

I have mine on pre-order from ABT, should be about 2-3 weeks.

Can anyone recommend a cheap/effective mount, specifically, one from monoprice? (for the 63" model)

I bought a LAM 45 from mountsmadesimple.com. I am going to put it up next week when my buddy gets in town. It is an articulating single arm mount that lets u move TV in every direction. They no longer carry it, but carry the LAM 50 double arm mount which is a little more. Heard good things about it. Will post review once i have mine mounted. I am waiting for a buddy who is coming in town next week before I attempt the mount.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronicTonic /forum/post/18663053

Non calibrated pics....

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Congratulations !

i have the 50c7000 since saturday but those extra 8 inches look really good !

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm thinking about buying the pN63C8000. However, my kids want me to get a Samsung LED so that I can crank the motion judder canceller up to at least 8 for their animated movies. It really makes the picture "pop". How is the motion judder canceller on the plasma? Does the frame interpolation technology work well? Can you tell a difference between "standard" and "smooth"? Does setting the motion judder canceller on "smooth" look similar to setting a Samsung LED motion judder canceller at a high number, like 8 or above? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmagz /forum/post/18663103

Nice setup Tonic, and very nice C8000. But please do tell... what is the purpose of the foam rubber under your towers?

Thanks,

Sound isolation, I have a small home studio, and had some extra....so I thought I would give it a try. I think it actually works.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGUELCM7 /forum/post/18663443

Congratulations !

i have the 50c7000 since saturday but those extra 8 inches look really good !

Thanks,

I'm coming from a Sony 52"XBR4, but the extra 6" is pretty nice.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I don't suppose we could have some of the 8000 settings moved to his thread as well? Glad you guys started a dedicated thread!

·
Registered
520 Posts
how is the buzz on it i have the 63 inch i can hear a buzz coming from the front screen. also i dont like the 2d to 3d the pic looks a wave to me. also the pic does not go to the edge of the screen on the left side like it does on the right side i hate this tv i am so glad i am able to return it i am going to wait for the panny or lg plazma

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner66 /forum/post/18665697

how is the buzz on it i have the 63 inch i can hear a buzz coming from the front screen. also i dont like the 2d to 3d the pic looks a wave to me. also the pic does not go to the edge of the screen on the left side like it does on the right side i hate this tv i am so glad i am able to return it i am going to wait for the panny or lg plazma

The buzz isn't too bad, but it's there. "the pic does not go to the edge of the screen on the left side like it does on the right side". You have to turn "off" the pixel shift. I had the same problem, but turning off the pixel shift solved this. Sorry you don't like the TV.

·
Registered
520 Posts
i just tryed it the bottom of the screen still shows a even line of black the top is not to bad the right side is good but the top of the left side there is black but as i look down it starts to curve in untill it hits the bootom it curves out again

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wow, I didn't know there were two C8000 threads.... well I hope the mods will allow this redux....

My new PN63C8000 is on order... and I'm counting the seconds... Have had the opportunity to play around with a brand new display model at my local Best Buy..... I must say, out of the box on std. setting the picture was simply fantastic for a Samsung Plasma. D-max was excellent. And after we performed a rough calibration (the store was empty and the boss had already left) I was BLOWN AWAY! Black levels were just shy of my old Kuro. The images were so crisp and the shadow detail was just outstanding.

There was no hum... no buzz... nothing like last years model. The set was the thinnest Plasma I have ever seen. The build quality was superb... Plus the radiating heat was almost completely absent from the scene.... wow! I ran right home and ordered one ASAP!

Now I did detect a bit of video noise when observed close-up (during Avatar) but I blamed their set up and not the set since every set in the room had the same noise.

·
Registered
95 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner66 /forum/post/18665697

Man..... you must be kidding! All CRT's and Plasmas hum.... it's in the nature of the beast.... My Kuro even buzzed... but this unit is silent when compared to last years Sammies, besides the new LG's blow IMO! Read page 19 of your owners manual and have the set calibrated.... then decide.

1 - 20 of 5905 Posts