AVS Forum banner

3321 - 3325 of 3325 Posts

·
Registered
7,092 Posts
If it works and it's free. Sure.
Yes it works but is not free, but extremely cheap. Comes with original remote and manual,no stand.

Reactions: JA Fant

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
i still use my xbr970 in a spare bedroom. the tube is still immaculate but all the "HD" inputs stopped working. it started with the hdmi not working "sometimes", switched to component for a while but now all "HD" inputs (hdmi and component) are dead

the composite still works fine and i believe the S-video still works

anyone ever have this issue ?

if the "fix" is cheap i'd like to keep this thing around for a while

if not i'd hate to have to get rid of it

i had a different problem 11 years ago when it was still under warranty (no picture). the fix looked easy. repair man came out, removed the rear board, took it back to his shop, came back a few days later, good as new

An odd thing to have the dig inputs not working? Hopefully one of the 970 experts here can advise. :)

·
Registered
605 Posts
hey folks was wondering if anyone had any ideas to reduce lag on the 970. I picked one up recently and it has 2 frames(31ms) of lag no matter what resolution or input. My friend also has a 970 and his is about 1 frame of lag(14ms). I was wondering if anyone knew what settings could be manipulated as the 970 lacks the HDPT that that 910 and 960 are well known for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as the lag is very noticeable vs 960 with HDPT on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey folks was wondering if anyone had any ideas to reduce lag on the 970. I picked one up recently and it has 2 frames(31ms) of lag no matter what resolution or input. My friend also has a 970 and his is about 1 frame of lag(14ms). I was wondering if anyone knew what settings could be manipulated as the 970 lacks the HDPT that that 910 and 960 are well known for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as the lag is very noticeable vs 960 with HDPT on.
Did you ever figure this out? Just picked up a 970 and not finding much on it (plenty on the 960 though). The service manual offers the following cryptic statement on HDPT (in 2170P-2 section under CLPP)

Code:
Note;
PT=Bypass MID
(HDPT=0)
I have no idea.

3321 - 3325 of 3325 Posts