AVS Forum banner

921 - 940 of 2114 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Hi All, Does anyone have a dead VW100/200 lamp assy that they would like to let go of? I would like to build a spare with one of Ralph's lamps that he is selling. thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gouger /forum/post/13859499

Just an FYI, The Ruby, both VW100 and 200 lamp is being offered a special right now at $475.00 each. Contact Ralph Felten [email protected]

Here is the DIY VW 100 & 200 and Qualia Lamp replacement thread for reference.

Thanks for that Alan.
I've emailed the guy and could pick one up in the USA in a couple of weeks when I'll be there (in Ohio visiting my youngest son).

Networking on forums like this is just so helpful.

Must admit to laziness - I'll have to tweak the VW200 with the video essentials DVD.
However I really have no complaints on the picture quality -> 96" Stewart screen from HD FTA TV. I'm resisting blu ray for the moment but guess I'll weaken around Xmas when they finally get their act together.

John (from down under)

·
Premium Member
16,962 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie Devil /forum/post/13879390

I'm resisting blu ray for the moment but guess I'll weaken around Xmas when they finally get their act together.

John (from down under)

Your in for a treat, the colors really pop with this projector

·
Registered
12,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gouger /forum/post/13880615

Your in for a treat, the colors really pop with this projector

Alan, When you say 'really pop', do you mean somewhat oversaturated, like the RS2 and Marantz 11S2? Or is it something else?

·
Premium Member
16,962 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill /forum/post/13881990

Alan, When you say 'really pop', do you mean somewhat oversaturated, like the RS2 and Marantz 11S2? Or is it something else?

With the on board CMS you can dial in perfect color including primaries. I prefered to run my colors a little rich, it looked very CRT like to my eye.

Over sat colors with wrong primaries may not be as pleasing.

·
Registered
12,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gouger /forum/post/13883007

With the on board CMS you can dial in perfect color including primaries. I prefered to run my colors a little rich, it looked very CRT like to my eye.

Over sat colors with wrong primaries may not be as pleasing.

Sorry to dense, Alan, but what does a 'little rich' mean? What is beyond the Rec 709?

·
Premium Member
24,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #929 ·
Well one good example is finally using a PS3 allows me to take advantage of the VW200's 10 bit color spec. That is one example of how we get better colors. All the reviews I have read and anyone I have spoken to have all agreed the VW200 is one of the best when it comes to color. I was more than impressed before but now...

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
I am following (again) in the joerod footsteps as a proud new owner (as yet unopened). I'm wondering if anyone has had HDMI issues specifically with the unit in combination with other devices (one reason I'm moving up from a JVC HD2K DVI/HDCP 1080p only projector).

This is a big step, but one negative. This is the first front projector I have owned not from AVS (not stocked), and I have always been happy with the JVC Professional line (and the Phelps calibration).

·
Premium Member
16,962 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill /forum/post/13883146

Sorry to dense, Alan, but what does a 'little rich' mean? What is beyond the Rec 709?

Nothing to do with color space or calibration, I turned up my color control for a more saturated color palette

·
Registered
12,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gouger /forum/post/13885036

Nothing to do with color space or calibration, I turned up my color control for a more saturated color palette

Ah, simpler than I thought; I might even manage to do that.

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
OK, after minor swearing but an otherwise fairly painless setup I can only say WOW!

The calibration is very straightforward, it perfectly fit my 123" silverstar despit a minor lens shift and VERY minor keystone correction. Zoom & Focus dialed in perfectly. (Hey you can use the remote. Used to the old fashioned everything is manual.

I am incredibly happy to find this thread and get this unit. The picture is gorgeous (and my HD2K calibrated by Wm Phelps was no slouch).

This thing is near dead silent too. (I know these things are relative, but I can't believe it.)

Start up is fast.

Still having issues with component in, but I can run everything into HDMI.

One gripe. I'm no power cord snob, but the power connection is really bad. I have a few proceed cords that may work with adapters, and I understand the dooddad to clamp the power cord in, but it really makes it hard to use even a cheap better quality cord.

Ok second gripe. The options on this for different types of material is daunting
But I'll have fun playing.

·
Premium Member
24,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #934 ·
Congrats Rudolpht!

There are so many different features and combos you can do it will take a little while to go thru them. Take your time and see what you like best. As for HDMI connections I have used around 12 different HDMI source components with the 200 and not had any hiccups whatsoever. No worries there.
When you settle in try a few Blu ray titles and let us know what you think... Have fun...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everybody

Im a happy owner of a VW200 (still unpacked). What surface matches better within the PJ, a Firehawk G3?, maybe a SST?

Thanks in advance

Mig

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
Has anyone had trouble logging into the projector to perform setup. Using the defaults included in the horrible manual, but just not working with any of 3 different browsers.

·
Premium Member
16,962 Posts
I second Joes comments, congrats to rudolpht and Mig. The 200 is a great projector. Great color and a ton of features. You may spend a month or more with this before settling into a choice of settings that fit your needs. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gouger /forum/post/13907656

I second Joes comments, congrats to rudolpht and Mig. The 200 is a great projector. Great color and a ton of features. You may spend a month or more with this before settling into a choice of settings that fit your needs. Enjoy!

Thanks Alan. Your thinking on this unit played a big part in buying.

I did get the setup working and changed. Start with Username root and no passwd, then change.

921 - 940 of 2114 Posts