AVS Forum banner

2181 - 2200 of 2216 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Where did you hear that about itunes? That would be fantastic if they did - even if it was just their current size, lossy audio and all. Download offline in the morning, watch at night no issues
Just my personal speculation. They will either open the gates for downloading, or the bandwidth and compression algorithms will allow for full fat streaming more or less.

After watching the iPhone event today and the talk around 5G speeds being at 3.5 to 4 gbs, it seems the logical next step or evolution.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just my personal speculation. They will either open the gates for downloading, or the bandwidth and compression algorithms will allow for full fat streaming more or less.

After watching the iPhone event today and the talk around 5G speeds being at 3.5 to 4 gbs, it seems the logical next step or evolution.
any updates on the sony saga?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not sure what the hold up is.

Basically the eBay guy I bought the projector off somehow got an exchange that was in Sony’s computers. Not sure if that turned my projector into B stock or if it was already B stock or if the 2 events are unrelated.

UR said the repair has been complete for several days now, but they are waiting on Sony to answer the warranty question. Someone sent something to UR saying that my projector should still be under warranty. So UR is waiting to hear back from Sony on what coverage if any exists.

I personally think Sony thinks the matter is closed based on their work order page. UR just emailed yesterday with the update of still waiting.

Don’t want to push the issue as I felt I was going to get some relief. Who knows...just want my projector back.

I will email UR again to ask what the delay is and also see if they have an exchange or upgrade program to possibly get the 695 for some extra money and a trade of my 675.

I am sure they will :LOL: .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wow! Just heard back from UR and Sony is covering the repairs under warranty!

Looks like my phone call and the horse head I put in the Sony Customer Rep’s bed worked! :) :eek:

Both company’s have been a pleasure to deal with thus far. Now if I can avoid the poor focus issue and get the projector back before I leave for my vacation!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Great news!
I am shipping mine back today, family is bummed because of Halloween is coming up, we did sneak in the great pumpkin Charlie Brown last night. it looked ok even besides the focus issue

·
Registered
33 Posts
Great news!
I am shipping mine back today, family is bummed because of Halloween is coming up, we did sneak in the great pumpkin Charlie Brown last night. it looked ok even besides the focus issue
Well at least you know the process now at UR.

I hope you got Hubie Halloween watched!:D:D:D

I am sure it is a bad movie, but I actually enjoy most of his movies. I am one of 10 that liked Jack and Jill. My wombmate makes me chuckle just a little each time I think of it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
BTW....UR does not offer an upgrade program, nor does Sony.

Sounds like they need to fire up the marketing and sales machine and start offering leases of these things!

·
Registered
71 Posts

Sounds like they need to fire up the marketing and sales machine and start offering leases of these things!
yeah not for me, you will end up paying waaay more over the years than if you just bought one and used it

·
Registered
5,812 Posts

An upgrade program would make sense on many levels.
One, it would engender loyalty
Two, it would allow them to resell old units again or recycle them fully and help the planet.

Reactions: MOberhardt

·
Registered
33 Posts
yeah not for me, you will end up paying waaay more over the years than if you just bought one and used it
Is your concern a bad money factor assumption or just the upgrade cycle with technology?

These Sony’s by the way, have been a big outlier in terms of needing to upgrade because of obsolescence!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Definitely the Xpand XRF01! They are nicer - and rechargeable.

Yeah 3D is fantastic on a projector. I still watch and rewatch a lot.
I'm trying to find some good settings for 3D on this. I've been tinkering for 2 years and have something I like better than the presets, which seem to wash out the 3D images, but what I'm getting still seems pretty dark. Any calibration settings for 3D out there? Much appreciated!

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
I'm trying to find some good settings for 3D on this. I've been tinkering for 2 years and have something I like better than the presets, which seem to wash out the 3D images, but what I'm getting still seems pretty dark. Any calibration settings for 3D out there? Much appreciated!
High lamp is de rigueur for 3D. I presume you have done that?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Well, my projector had to make another trip back to United Radio (it threw another lamp error code after being shipped back to Houston) and they ended up replacing the ballast under warranty. Got it back up on its mount and it looks fantastic! I'm glad this ordeal is over and I can't speak enough kind words for Sean at United Radio and Chris at Bammel TV in Houston. Their attention to detail is off the charts as well as their customer service. I wish I could somehow cash-in on my projector's frequent flier miles it has accumulated over the last four months.

Now to catch up on my movie watching! :)

Reactions: Archibald1

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, I do. Maybe the problem is that I'm calibrating to space stuff--a lot using the beginning of "The Last Jedi," cos I find it so much fun in 3D. But, I want the space to be black, not gray, so my settings have ended up as this for it:
Bright TV (3D)
Reality creation On
Cinema Black Pro High/High
Motion Smooth Low (I usually abhor this setting and the soap opera effect, but it helps with 3D judder)
Contrast Max
Brightness 22 (or 21--I know it's low, but it gives great depth, and space looks like space here.)
Color 57
Hue 50
Color Temp Custom 5
Sharpness 30
Expert
Gamma 7
Color Correction Off
Clear White Low
XY color off
Color space BT.2020

What do you all have?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah, I do. Maybe the problem is that I'm calibrating to space stuff--a lot using the beginning of "The Last Jedi," cos I find it so much fun in 3D. But, I want the space to be black, not gray, so my settings have ended up as this for it:
Bright TV (3D)
Reality creation On
Cinema Black Pro High/High
Motion Smooth Low (I usually abhor this setting and the soap opera effect, but it helps with 3D judder)
Contrast Max
Brightness 22 (or 21--I know it's low, but it gives great depth, and space looks like space here.)
Color 57
Hue 50
Color Temp Custom 5
Sharpness 30
Expert
Gamma 7
Color Correction Off
Clear White Low
XY color off
Color space BT.2020

What do you all have?
Did you setup hdmi in limited? There are gray black if hdmi is in complete.
In limited you will see blacks correctly and you will see more light with brightness in 50 or 55.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks--I think that helped a bit. But I could only get brightness up to 38-40 before the gray came back in, and then, switching back and forth between the previous settings didn't seem to be all that different.
And, I don't think I really want to have to keep switching the dynamic range from Full to Limited and back again.
I appreciate the help.
Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Did you setup hdmi in limited? There are gray black if hdmi is in complete.
In limited you will see blacks correctly and you will see more light with brightness in 50 or 55.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Is that for everything? Or just 3D And what does it do if you have it set to the standard "Normal"?

2181 - 2200 of 2216 Posts