AVS Forum banner

3661 - 3680 of 3696 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
So what is your proposed seating distance ? I'd try and not put cabinets up front - it will be a distraction. And I like a regular width frame myself. Also, I'd try to keep the center channel below the the bottom frame member. You might want to put " Protostar " black velvet material on the top of the speaker so it doesn't reflect back on the screen.
I was actually looking at some black velvet adhesive covering on amazon for my center speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,934 Posts
I was actually looking at some black velvet adhesive covering on amazon for my center speaker.

I found this on Amazon Prime and it works perfect.
And it is Black ................
With the Lights-Off ^^^

Current pictures of Home Theater ..............

Terry

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yahoo!! After years and years of reading about how good it is, and waiting for it and dreaming about it, I'm finally lucky enough to own the legendary and incredible StudioTek 100 screen material!! My NX7 has never looked so good. The colors pop, and some scenes look so good they actually look like 3D. No more sparkles like on my old Firehawk screen (no offense, the Firehawk just wasn't a good match for the NX7, but it was good for my old CL-510 for the previous 15 years.)

Thank you Mr. Stewart and thank the people at your company!

The packaging is very heavy-duty and first-class. If I have one small concern to report, when I was unrolling the screen, I noticed what looked like small black metal slivers impressed upon the screen, possibly "sawdust" that came from machining the frame. There was a dusting of them and they were limited to one small area of the screen. They created small individual impressions on the screen, but I dusted them off, and fortunately they were on the back of the screen and they did not puncture through to the front.

Other than that, I am ecstatic! My wife says she is now a home theater widow :)

Attachments

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
Yahoo!! After years and years of reading about how good it is, and waiting for it and dreaming about it, I'm finally lucky enough to own the legendary and incredible StudioTek 100 screen material!! My NX7 has never looked so good. The colors pop, and some scenes look so good they actually look like 3D. No more sparkles like on my old Firehawk screen (no offense, the Firehawk just wasn't a good match for the NX7, but it was good for my old CL-510 for the previous 15 years.)

Thank you Mr. Stewart and thank the people at your company!

The packaging is very heavy-duty and first-class. If I have one small concern to report, when I was unrolling the screen, I noticed what looked like small black metal slivers impressed upon the screen, possibly "sawdust" that came from machining the frame. There was a dusting of them and they were limited to one small area of the screen. They created small individual impressions on the screen, but I dusted them off, and fortunately they were on the back of the screen and they did not puncture through to the front.

Other than that, I am ecstatic! My wife says she is now a home theater widow :)
Put " The Notebook " on for her. 😉 Congratulations on the new screen.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Lol yes she loves "The Notebook", good idea :) Thanks
I'm a dude and not ashamed to say I like The Notebook too 😁 My dad was a romantic at heart and I guess he passed that on to me, as I enjoy the same period romances and romcoms that my wife likes. Everything is better on a Stewart screen, including Pride & Prejudice or Love Actually :cool:

Ross

Reactions: Craig Peer

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just got my 2:40 138" ST130G4 on the wall. Very impressed with the quality, fit and finish. Second to none IMO. Quality blows away my DES screen. Now I just need to install my Paladin DCR lens on my NX7 tomorrow and get it all dialed in.
What color is your ceiling? Are you getting much reflection on the ceiling and back on the screen? I would assume the 1.3 gain actually helps with ceiling reflections compared to a pure lambertian surface.

My big dilemma is I am currently having to deal with a low white ceiling (not built yet so can’t test samples in the finished environment) so not sure if the ST130 is a good fit or if I need to go with an ALR screen. Otherwise, environment will be dark with no other light sources save for the projector (and ceiling, LOL).

·
Premium Member
685 Posts

Hi all. Hope everyone is staying safe.
For more than twenty five consecutive years, my wife and I would host an annual outdoor movie night and BBQ party in either late August or early September. This pretty much has become a local tradition to our circle of friends. We are so disappointed that we could not do it this year as Covid pretty much has shut things down. We are keeping our fingers crossed for 2021. Anyway, stay safe all and enjoy your own private home theaters as it appears commercial theaters will be dark for many months ahead.

(BTW, the reason we are still use this older 15'-0" x 11'-3", 1.33 to 1 screen is many of the movies we show are are classic surfing films which were original shot in 16mm or NTSC video)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cima Neve Horizontal Banding Question

I was hoping to get some opinions on my 16:9 135" Cima Neve screen that shows horizontal banding pattern (like a yellow jacket pattern of white/dark bands) during bright white scenes in the center of the screen. I got it last spring, noticed some banding with my old projector and partially attributed to the BenQ W1070 projector. Now with a JVC RS1000 sitting at 11' feet away it seems more obvious and I see it on every bright white scene. Tried to take a picture with white background attached, but my iphone does not really capture it well, seems more obvious on white sky scenes with panning. No issues with sparkles. If i pivot the projector the bands do not move and was seen on old projector as well so I'm convinced it's the screen.

1. Is this related to the gain of the screen or something else?
2. I ordered this from a local dealer, so I'll contact them next but wondered if others had any luck exchanging screens before (mine is now 6 months old) if they seem to have a defect.

Thanks for any thoughts. Overall happy with the screen, but for the money would like it to have no issues.
Just wanted to report back that Stewart stands behind their product. New Neve screen material is perfect and no more issue I was seeing before. Now I can enjoy all the bright white scenes in Doom Patrol!

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
What color is your ceiling? Are you getting much reflection on the ceiling and back on the screen? I would assume the 1.3 gain actually helps with ceiling reflections compared to a pure lambertian surface.

My big dilemma is I am currently having to deal with a low white ceiling (not built yet so can’t test samples in the finished environment) so not sure if the ST130 is a good fit or if I need to go with an ALR screen. Otherwise, environment will be dark with no other light sources save for the projector (and ceiling, LOL).
Can’t you paint the ceiling a darker color?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Question for you guys. I am taking down my Stewart screen as I've replaced it with a new Vividstorm floor raising 120" UST/ALR screen now that I've purchased the Optoma Cinemax P1. I want to now sell my Stewart screen, but I don't remember which screen it is. It was either a Firehawk or a Greyhawk but I simply don't remember what it was. Is there anyway for me to tell which one it is? Here's some pics, though I doubt that will help at all. But I thought I'd ask the experts here. :) It's a 110" fixed wall installation.

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
Question for you guys. I am taking down my Stewart screen as I've replaced it with a new Vividstorm floor raising 120" UST/ALR screen now that I've purchased the Optoma Cinemax P1. I want to now sell my Stewart screen, but I don't remember which screen it is. It was either a Firehawk or a Greyhawk but I simply don't remember what it was. Is there anyway for me to tell which one it is? Here's some pics, though I doubt that will help at all. But I thought I'd ask the experts here. :) It's a 110" fixed wall installation.

View attachment 3043198 View attachment 3043199 View attachment 3043200
Send the serial number to Stewart. They can tell you.

·
Premium Member
2,934 Posts
Great idea! Thank you. Now......Where would I find the serial number? Is it hidden behind the frame along the snapped in screen film somewhere?
Great idea! Thank you. Now......Where would I find the serial number? Is it hidden behind the frame along the snapped in screen film somewhere?
Mine ended up being on the Lower-Center at the Bottom.
And NOT easy to see with mine still attached to the wall.
The tech ended-up doing several videos' with his cellphone and finally one of them actually picked it up where it could be easily read.

Terry

·
Registered
206 Posts
My first post on this thread.
Terry, was your serial number on the screen back or frame back? I might be putting my screen up for sale and will be asking Stewart for some specifics on it.

To all: Probably going with a 2.35:1 (40" x 94") Balon Borderless but still deciding on screen material. I was quoted by the dealer on a Firehawk G5 because of my current 16 year old Firehawk 16:9. But I'm thinking, why not go for a greater half gain measurement that the G5's 35°? My room is 18' x 14' x 7.5' with center seat 11' from the screen (pics attached of present set-up).

Also, has any one installed the EZ Mount? The on-line instructions have me confused. Does any one know the back of frame to wall clearance and what the magnets and steel pucks are for?

Finally, although the instructions mention an option for a "Telescoping Mount" I couldn't find any information on that either.

My apologies for not reading the entire thread of posts but a "search" wasn't helpful either.
Thanks for any advice..

Attachments

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
My first post on this thread.
Terry, was your serial number on the screen back or frame back? I might be putting my screen up for sale and will be asking Stewart for some specifics on it.

To all: Probably going with a 2.35:1 (40" x 94") Balon Borderless but still deciding on screen material. I was quoted by the dealer on a Firehawk G5 because of my current 16 year old Firehawk 16:9. But I'm thinking, why not go for a greater half gain measurement that the G5's 35°? My room is 18' x 14' x 7.5' with center seat 11' from the screen (pics attached of present set-up).

Also, has any one installed the EZ Mount? The on-line instructions have me confused. Does any one know the back of frame to wall clearance and what the magnets and steel pucks are for?

Finally, although the instructions mention an option for a "Telescoping Mount" I couldn't find any information on that either.

My apologies for not reading the entire thread of posts but a "search" wasn't helpful either.
Thanks for any advice..
The serial number should be on the back of the frame.

The EZ mount is easy enough to figure out from the owners manual -

The magnets keep the bottom of the frame from moving.

The " telescoping mount " is in the top picture -

" For a more dramatic effect, Balón Borderless can be mounted away from the wall, creating on-screen images that seemingly appear to float in the room. " -

You have a choice of 5" to 16" away from the wall.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I would have never figured out that picture was of the telescope mount. 5" from the wall is great. I have a call in to Stewart Support, now I can discuss my options more intelligently.
Also, found a sticker (facing up) on the center back-inside of the bottom of the frame by feeling with my fingers. Unsnapped the screen at that part and was able to read all the info easily. Thanks loads.

·
Premium Member
2,934 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I would have never figured out that picture was of the telescope mount. 5" from the wall is great. I have a call in to Stewart Support, now I can discuss my options more intelligently.
Also, found a sticker (facing up) on the center back-inside of the bottom of the frame by feeling with my fingers. Unsnapped the screen at that part and was able to read all the info easily. Thanks loads.
From what you just posted you have located the needed Stewart Filmscreen information.
And yes mine was at the Rear-Center-Lower-Bottom of the fixed frame.
It wasn't easy to locate or to take a picture of.
However the tech didn't give up and ended up taking numerous short videos until one of them took a clear enough image of the Serial #.

Terry

3661 - 3680 of 3696 Posts