AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2616 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any clues as to where this 670U series will be on display at a Brick & Mortar Retail outlet so folks like us can perform a PQ comparison with their own two eyes?

I know the Big River will have it on June 1st & probably a few other online retailers but most folks dont like buying anything sight unseen or waiting around the forum for the first consumer review.

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-55SV67...3788148&sr=8-2

I recently saw the Sony KDL55XBR8 with local dimming and realizing NO two eyes are the same this XBR8 is really IMHO the best PQ among any of the LCD sets. The Samsung A950 looks very nice also but if this Tosh 670U with its local zone dimming is even remotely close in PQ plus with the reduced inflated price alot folks might be jumping on this SV670U unit.

Thanks for any replys !

·
Registered
427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox1 /forum/post/16559056

Does anyone have any clues as to where this 670U series will be on display at a Brick & Mortar Retail outlet so folks like us can perform a PQ comparison with their own two eyes?

I know the Big River will have it on June 1st & probably a few other online retailers but most folks dont like buying anything sight unseen or waiting around the forum for the first consumer review.

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-55SV67...3788148&sr=8-2

I recently saw the Sony KDL55XBR8 with local dimming and realizing NO two eyes are the same this XBR8 is really IMHO the best PQ among any of the LCD sets. The Samsung A950 looks very nice also but if this Tosh 670U with its local zone dimming is even remotely close in PQ plus with the reduced inflated price alot folks might be jumping on this SV670U unit.

Thanks for any replys !

Here is a link.

http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/televisi...model=55sv670u

Click on 'where to buy' and 'search for a dealer', then enter your zip code.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I stopped in a local retailer in the Portland, OR area (not BB) to see when they'd have some on the floor. I did get the "used car salesman" approach. The sales guy didn't know anything about it and left to talk to his manager. A few minutes later he came back and said I was in luck because it was in the computer and his "regional sales manager" was in the store and authorized a low pre-order price.

Yeah...

At any rate, they would have them on the floor in a few weeks. The price he offered me was ~ $1k less than the Samsung 8000 (Is that OK to mention? I know the rules on no price talk but I didn't state a specific price.. if so, feel free to edit the post).

I'm really anxious to see the reviews on it. I was headed towards the Samsung but if this gives good performance I'll save the cash and head towards the Toshiba.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEZO /forum/post/16559368

Here is a link.

http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/televisi...model=55sv670u

Click on 'where to buy' and 'search for a dealer', then enter your zip code.

That's just a generic listing, as in it will list anyone who carries anything from 40" on up in their store.

I stopped by BB on Friday & asked about it, but the salesgirl had no clue. I'm guessing a couple of weeks minimum before I see them in the local stores.

If someone could find a pdf of the owner's manual online, that would be of great help.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVboy /forum/post/16560846

That's just a generic listing, as in it will list anyone who carries anything from 40" on up in their store.

I stopped by BB on Friday & asked about it, but the salesgirl had no clue. I'm guessing a couple of weeks minimum before I see them in the local stores.

If someone could find a pdf of the owner's manual online, that would be of great help.

I was contemplating purchasing the Samsung LN52B750 or the LN55B650 before the Big River coupon codes expire June 1st but after seeing the Sony XBR8 with the local dimming and its superior PQ & Blacks I have now decided to just wait on the Tosh SV55670U and spend the extra 4-500 bucks more if the 670U sets with its local zone dimming is remotely close to the Sony xbr8 & the last year Samsung a950 PQ`s.

Their will be more coupon codes or price reductions on the B750 & B650 in the future so IMO no need to jump the gun now and wish I would have waited !

Patience is a Virtue when deciding on which set to buy !

No manual on the Tosh but did fine this Toshiba Data sheet:

http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/tacpasse...v670u_spec.pdf

Regards

·
Registered
427 Posts

Until the ZV650 LCDs came out this spring, the only dealer in Southern Cal to carry high end Toshibas (LX177, XF550,XV545) was Ken Crane's. Now BB and Fry's carry them as well. At least the 'generic' list gives people an idea which dealers may carry it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I am waiting for this set as well before I take the plunge. If it anything like the 650 version but even better it was be a big hit.

The LG LED LD LCD is due out 1 June as well.

Gald to see there are many more LED LD choices coming which will bring down those astronomical prices of the Sammy and Sony.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox1 /forum/post/16561113

I was contemplating purchasing the Samsung LN52B750 or the LN55B650 before the Big River coupon codes expire June 1st but after seeing the Sony XBR8 with the local dimming and its superior PQ & Blacks I have now decided to just wait on the Tosh SV55670U and spend the extra 4-500 bucks more if the 670U sets with its local zone dimming is remotely close to the Sony xbr8 & the last year Samsung a950 PQ`s.

Yeah, I almost jumped on the 750 a few times, but kept talking myself out of it only because of the Toshiba, LG and upcoming Vizio LED releases. I'm in a better position because I won't be buying until I get back from a very long vacation at the end of September.

I mentioned this in another Toshiba thread, but someone should really start a thread for the 670U series.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVboy /forum/post/16560846

The stores carrying the 670u will be Best Buy, Fry's, Ken Crane's, and Costco. I'm not going out on a limb by saying Ken Crane's will probably get these first, well, at least here in Manhattan Beach, Cali. This location seems to have connections.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Can't wait to check it out.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma /forum/post/16562369

They should be hitting any day.......we will see exactlly when.

Chris, could you please give us your opinion on the 670u if your fortunate enough to see one before any of us ?

Regards

·
Registered
2,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipcrkr /forum/post/16562203

The stores carrying the 670u will be Best Buy, Fry's, Ken Crane's, and Costco.

How positive are you that Costco will be carrying it? They normally carry only small fraction of each mfrs. offerings. I'd certainly be happy if they did carry it, but I'm not betting on it. Unless you know someone there who pulled up the SKU in the system?

·
Registered
662 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVboy /forum/post/16563598

How positive are you that Costco will be carrying it? They normally carry only small fraction of each mfrs. offerings. I'd certainly be happy if they did carry it, but I'm not betting on it. Unless you know someone there who pulled up the SKU in the system?

Me too that would be good to know!

·
Registered
489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVboy /forum/post/16563598

I HIGHLY doubt Costco will carry this set because it is a top-tier set and they typically do not carry those sets unless they are discontinued models.

·
Registered
489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox1 /forum/post/16563437

Chris, could you please give us your opinion on the 670u if your fortunate enough to see one before any of us ?

Regards

Chris, I second that! Would you please post pictures and some screen shots if you can?

·
Registered
2,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox1 /forum/post/16564624

Amazon is already SOLD OUT on this SV55670U set !

Amazon hasn't even updated that page to include a detailed description of the tv, just a couple of sentences of info. Hard for me to believe people are buying this with essentially no knowledge of the specs, or at least the paltry specs given on Amazon.

1 - 20 of 2616 Posts