AVS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 344 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Is anyone able to use 1440p at 120 Hz? Mine has issues displaying the bottom 1/8th of the screen, showing either black or a messed up static version of of what was their earlier, sometimes flickering. VRR is off, and 4k60, 1440p90 and 1080p120 works fine. Played around with a lot of the other settings to no avail.

Also tried 2 different HDMI cables and all the ports on the TV. 4k60 works so that would imply my setup and cables are at least HDMI 2.0b (18 Gbps). This is with a 2080 Ti

I am still on the original firmware: 5.1.4.7-1

Also, it shows in the TV system info page that it's only a vertical refresh rate of 85 Hz, even at 1080p120. Setting the refresh rate to say 75 does show up correctly there.

4k60 and DV (separately, unless you know of any content that has both for me to test) works for me and my Full Color 4:4:4 is greyed out but locked to "On".

Have you tried setting the HDMI mode from auto to 2.1?
Yes! The tv displays static on “auto” and 2.1. I can only get a picture using 1.4.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes! The tv displays static on “auto” and 2.1. I can only get a picture using 1.4.
Is anyone able to use 1440p at 120 Hz? Mine has issues displaying the bottom 1/8th of the screen, showing either black or a messed up static version of of what was their earlier, sometimes flickering. VRR is off, and 4k60, 1440p90 and 1080p120 works fine. Played around with a lot of the other settings to no avail.

Also tried 2 different HDMI cables and all the ports on the TV. 4k60 works so that would imply my setup and cables are at least HDMI 2.0b (18 Gbps). This is with a 2080 Ti

I am still on the original firmware: 5.1.4.7-1

Also, it shows in the TV system info page that it's only a vertical refresh rate of 85 Hz, even at 1080p120. Setting the refresh rate to say 75 does show up correctly there.

4k60 and DV (separately, unless you know of any content that has both for me to test) works for me and my Full Color 4:4:4 is greyed out but locked to "On".

Have you tried setting the HDMI mode from auto to 2.1?
In Nvidia Control panel, I can’t set it to anything over 30hz either ... thinking I need to send this thing back. Everything worked fine on a $400 D series and my P65- this is nothing but hassle.

·
Registered
213 Posts
In Nvidia Control panel, I can’t set it to anything over 30hz either ... thinking I need to send this thing back. Everything worked fine on a $400 D series and my P65- this is nothing but hassle.
You could try making a custom resolution in the Nvidia Control panel if you haven't already.

The static with setting it to HDMI 2.1 / auto sounds like it's unable to get above HDMI 1.4 bandwidth. 4k60 is HDMI 2.0 bandwidth, if I set my HDMI to 1.4 I can't get 4k60 either. Sounds like either a TV QC issue or cable / source issue. And since it worked on your P65 it sounds like the former unfortunately.

·
Registered
187 Posts
It’s strange because the setup was EXACTLY the same for the p65- I literally unplugged the hdmi cord from the old tv and into the new tv. I also noticed when gaming via pc, it will only allow me to select 30hz and lower- on the old set I could play at 60hz. I made sure to turn on the “game engine” crap and still no dice. I can’t get 60hz, let alone 120!
Wow this is so disappointing. C’mon Vizio smh. This TV would be selling like crazy if it just worked. Very curious to see Rtings review since the regular Quantam doesn’t seem to have these issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
So I realized I can get 4k60 if I plug my Apple TV directly into the tv. It will pass through Dolby vision 30 the receiver, and 4K 30hz to my pc only if I select hdmi 1.4, Auto or 2.1 I get snow. My 4K Blu-ray player cannot get a picture or sound though the receiver. The receiver is an Onkyo txnr-686, which can pass 4k60. I know if I call Vizio support they will blame the receiver, even though it works fine. I guess I’ll just wait until new firmware comes around to enjoy this thing.... anyone out there having luck using this screen with a A/V receiver?

·
Registered
17 Posts
When go to shop, you can't find the pqx anywhere, only PQ. The only way to find the pqx is through home page/learn more (p series)/ scroll all the way down/ and select pqx. They are clearly hiding the pqx from simply clicking the shop link. 🤔

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi all. New owner of the px75. Love the TV so far except for the flashing backlight/brightness in dark scenes firmware bug.
However, my one issue is the grey uniformity. White is pretty good, colors are perfectly uniform. Grey is just pretty bad tho. If I run one of the lcd grey uniformity test vids I see a lot grey variance - about 6 verticals bands of grey columns. Especially at 1% to 10% grey in the test. Any of you run a grey uniformity test? Have similar results?
Appreciate feedback as I may try and swap it before return period ends.

·
Premium Member
4,819 Posts
And people think OLED has uniformity issues. That looks terrible IMO of course.

Reactions: Cam1977

·
Registered
67 Posts
Vizio support said they would swap it (but they are out-of-stock). Just wanted other real owner opinions to confirm this is really worse then normal for the PX series. Don’t want replacement to be worse.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Vizio support said they would swap it (but they are out-of-stock). Just wanted other real owner opinions to confirm this is really worse then normal for the PX series. Don’t want replacement to be worse.
That’s pretty bad, I would replace.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just “upgraded” to a PQX75 from a 2016 p65. What happened? This new screen doesn’t seem to play well with my Onkyo 686 and Apple TV. It will only display in 1080p Dolby vision- it won’t work 4K 60hz Dolby vision. It will allow me to select 4K Dolby vision 30hz, but the menu is a little choppy. This is the same exact setup I was running on my p65 and it worked great @4k 60 Dolby Vision. Very frustrating-This new set is just a headache!
I had the same problem when I had CEC enabled originally. Turned it off. Stopped having that problem. I turn it back on every now and then depending what I'm doing, but it doesn't do that to me anymore. I'm new to atv myself. Was previously using Shield till this TV.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I realized I can get 4k60 if I plug my Apple TV directly into the tv. It will pass through Dolby vision 30 the receiver, and 4K 30hz to my pc only if I select hdmi 1.4, Auto or 2.1 I get snow. My 4K Blu-ray player cannot get a picture or sound though the receiver. The receiver is an Onkyo txnr-686, which can pass 4k60. I know if I call Vizio support they will blame the receiver, even though it works fine. I guess I’ll just wait until new firmware comes around to enjoy this thing.... anyone out there having luck using this screen with a A/V receiver?
@Paradigmshift0 I have an Onkyo TX-NR636 and am scheduled to have the new tv delivered on Saturday. On the last setup, the Apple TV4k, Amazon Firestick 4K, and the 4k Blu-ray player all worked flawlessly through the Onkio. The only connections on the TV were the ethernet and HDMI 1/Arc connection to the Onkio. I'll get it all setup this weekend and test it out.

·
Premium Member
4,819 Posts
But your signature says, "There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy."
That doesn't mean something can't look terrible. Question is what they see when they watch it :)

Reactions: Cam1977

·
Registered
187 Posts
Fellas I'm looking at the Rtings early review of the Quantam X. Looks like they have discovered the Flicker and motions issues associated with this TV and rated it accordingly. Gray uniformity, black uniformity, reflections and color accuracy is phenomenal like most have already reported here. But a good regular Quantam panel that has good uniformity is the better buy as everything is pretty similar across the board.

This is quite interesting. It's almost like the only difference between the between the 2 sets is that the Quantam X gets brighter and has better uniformity...which equates to better overall black levels...that's the conclusion. Sort of like a intel 10900k vs a 10850k comparison for you guys that build PCs.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just “upgraded” to a PQX75 from a 2016 p65. What happened? This new screen doesn’t seem to play well with my Onkyo 686 and Apple TV. It will only display in 1080p Dolby vision- it won’t work 4K 60hz Dolby vision. It will allow me to select 4K Dolby vision 30hz, but the menu is a little choppy. This is the same exact setup I was running on my p65 and it worked great @4k 60 Dolby Vision. Very frustrating-This new set is just a headache!
I have a 2016 p series as well. Apart from these issues, do you feel this 2020 is better picture quality then your 2016? I'm hoping this kinda stuff gets worked out with firmware updates. Curious if you feel the picture quality is significantly better than the 2016 or just marginally?

81 - 100 of 344 Posts