AVS Forum banner

141 - 160 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Anyone else having the ARC channel audio drop in and out on the newest firmware? Also why does the built-in chromecast only output 1080p?

Update: after a little more digging I've found the audio only drops out on TV Speakers and ARC when 4K HDR10 is playing on amazon prime streaming to my chromecast ultra.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Anyone else having the ARC channel audio drop in and out on the newest firmware? Also why does the built-in chromecast only output 1080p?

Update: after a little more digging I've found the audio only drops out on TV Speakers and ARC when 4K HDR10 is playing on amazon prime streaming to my chromecast ultra.
Are you on bitstream?

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Are you on bitstream?

Its dolby digital on amazon prime. I was getting it to work on non hdr 4k stuff now it completely stopped on anything dolby digital playing on my chromecast ultra. Its really inconsistent for awhile the 1080p dolby digital stuff was working. The one built-in to the TV works but its doesnt play in 4k. Seems crazy the tv doesnt contain a chromecast capable of playing it 4k.

·
Registered
126 Posts
So I ordered the 75 from best buy a few days ago, and at the time it wouldn't let me pick a delivery date earlier than Dec 1. I needed to change the day, went to the site to reschedule and now it lets me choose as soon as Oct 14.... So i picked oct 14 and everything went through. Theres no way I'll actually get it that fast right?

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Its dolby digital on amazon prime. I was getting it to work on non hdr 4k stuff now it completely stopped on anything dolby digital playing on my chromecast ultra. Its really inconsistent for awhile the 1080p dolby digital stuff was working. The one built-in to the TV works but its doesnt play in 4k. Seems crazy the tv doesnt contain a chromecast capable of playing it 4k.
The display audio should be set to bit stream, and it sounds like your external device is just upscaling. The display upscales, but the will display the native resolution.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The display audio should be set to bit stream, and it sounds like your external device is just upscaling. The display upscales, but the will display the native resolution.

The chromecast ultra is plugged directly into the tv and even the tv speakers will not work when dolby digital audio is present.

·
Registered
682 Posts
The chromecast ultra is plugged directly into the tv and even the tv speakers will not work when dolby digital audio is present.
not sure if this will help but my CC ultra stopped outputting sound for me a month or so ago. it is plugged into my AVR and i was able to fix it by forcing a restart within the home app.

another thing to try that you probably have already tried is to make sure the volume on the device you are casting from has the casting volume turned up from the casting device. i know both seem basic but they are easy to overlook.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've tried every sound setting currently using surround sound off everything else as the default. I spoke with vizio and there sending a tech out. Anything that's not EAC3 seems to work fine. It will sometimes play for a bit then quit or cut in and out. So it was confusing me earlier thinking it was just an issue with 4k HDR. Because it would start playing when I switched to a 1080p amazon option but I found later that it would cut out if I let it play for a bit.

Can anyone else test to see if they are experiencing the same issues. It's mainly on amazon content like the boys and expanse.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Is RTINGS still the only major website to review this tv? For a TV with all these specs that tick all the boxes it’s so odd there are very little professional reviews out

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm a 2017 P65-C1 owner, eager to upgrade to a 75", and have my sights set on the PQX75-H1. How are current owners doing with the latest firmware update?
My main uses are to enjoy Dolby Vision of streaming things like the Mandalorian or the Expanse, and I have high standards for space scenes. Comments on how the PQX handles sci-fi content specifically or in comparison to the '17 P65?

I'd also like to hear about blooming - I use subtitles a lot b/c I'm hard of hearing and want to have some expectation of how it's going to look. Also, the only 'scary' part of the rtings review is their low rating on "flicker", really dinging this TV vs. say the Sony 950G or an LG CX. I tried to read and understand what "flicker" and flicker-free mean, but really coudln't get a sense of what was going on and if it's going to be a common thing I notice or only in weird specific situations I might not care about. Did the latest firmware address this?

Lastly, my wife is concerned with me sticking with Vizio when my C1 has done a lot of crashing over the years. It has come and gone, and you know how intermittent problems are the worse to diagnose. It still occasionally will crash after 5 or 20 minutes of watching something (often streaming), and takes about 5 minutes to fully crash and reset. Any '17 owners offer an experience of how the PQX is for the spouse to 'just turn on and watch, I don't care about your calibration settings'. I'm both excited to see Vizio come on this forum and talk about upgrades, and also nervous it's going to be a bumpy ride with firmware auto installing and sometimes breaking my tv for a while until the next one.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm a 2017 P65-C1 owner, eager to upgrade to a 75", and have my sights set on the PQX75-H1. How are current owners doing with the latest firmware update?
My main uses are to enjoy Dolby Vision of streaming things like the Mandalorian or the Expanse, and I have high standards for space scenes. Comments on how the PQX handles sci-fi content specifically or in comparison to the '17 P65?

I'd also like to hear about blooming - I use subtitles a lot b/c I'm hard of hearing and want to have some expectation of how it's going to look. Also, the only 'scary' part of the rtings review is their low rating on "flicker", really dinging this TV vs. say the Sony 950G or an LG CX. I tried to read and understand what "flicker" and flicker-free mean, but really coudln't get a sense of what was going on and if it's going to be a common thing I notice or only in weird specific situations I might not care about. Did the latest firmware address this?

Lastly, my wife is concerned with me sticking with Vizio when my C1 has done a lot of crashing over the years. It has come and gone, and you know how intermittent problems are the worse to diagnose. It still occasionally will crash after 5 or 20 minutes of watching something (often streaming), and takes about 5 minutes to fully crash and reset. Any '17 owners offer an experience of how the PQX is for the spouse to 'just turn on and watch, I don't care about your calibration settings'. I'm both excited to see Vizio come on this forum and talk about upgrades, and also nervous it's going to be a bumpy ride with firmware auto installing and sometimes breaking my tv for a while until the next one.
I went from a 2016 P75-C1 to the PQX75-H1.
Initially, I was ecstatic. The colors were ridiculously better, great panel uniformity, deep blacks...
Then the first firmware update came and brought the flashing/pulsing issues with the FALD.

Now that that has been corrected, I’m back to loving my TV again.
I’ve watched a few things with Space scenes (AWAY, for example).
There’s some blooming, especially with Captions, but I try to use a slightly darker caption color (not white), and it’s nothing I can’t live with for a while

·
Registered
57 Posts
Here's a video I made of the issue. Appears to only be with external chromecast tried 2 different versions of the chromecast ultra and non, also a firestick, and the internal chromecast.
Youtube Video Of Audio Issue

Update: Also just found that I can cast 4k to it from my local plex server for whatever reason I can't get 4k from a amazon prime cast

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is RTINGS still the only major website to review this tv? For a TV with all these specs that tick all the boxes it’s so odd there are very little professional reviews out
Seriously where are all the reviews for this thing? We had that weird early "review" from Linus Tech Tips then rtings months later and that seems to be it. Not even mentioned by larger youtube channels much less reviewed.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Seriously where are all the reviews for this thing? We had that weird early "review" from Linus Tech Tips then rtings months later and that seems to be it. Not even mentioned by larger youtube channels much less reviewed.
Maybe someone here should try their hand at posting a YouTube review and walkthrough, especially with the new firmware you’d almost literally be the only video doing so

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can someone with this TV tell me if the picture quality in game mode suffers? Is the local dimming still good or do they neuter it for improved input lag?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I posted this question over on Reddit too but is there a means for the P75QX-H1 of downloading firmware updates via a computer and updating the TV with a USB stick? I don't want the television on our Wi-Fi given Vizio's history, and the fact that we have brand new Chromecast and Fire Stick 4Ks kicking around makes it completely unnecessary. So far we're still on out of the box firmware. The Vizio support page turns up nothing when I enter my serial number.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I posted this question over on Reddit too but is there a means for the P75QX-H1 of downloading firmware updates via a computer and updating the TV with a USB stick? I don't want the television on our Wi-Fi given Vizio's history, and the fact that we have brand new Chromecast and Fire Stick 4Ks kicking around makes it completely unnecessary. So far we're still on out of the box firmware. The Vizio support page turns up nothing when I enter my serial number.
You can temporarily change your WiFi passcode or ssid, connect, update, then change it back and bam the tv is disconnected. Alternatively wired Ethernet or power line adapters exist.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Maybe someone here should try their hand at posting a YouTube review and walkthrough, especially with the new firmware you’d almost literally be the only video doing so
The lack of reviews might be due to the scarcity of this tv. Costco (U.S.) was the only website I saw the 65” listed and now it’s sold out.

A review may be a moot point as they seemingly made only a very few amount of these TVs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ive just purchased the P75Qx. Took a few hours dialing everything in but one thing that i have yet to be able to do is Change the refresh rate via PC source. The panel is identified correctly but the refresh rate tops out at 60hz. Im using an RTX 2080ti GPU via an hdmi 2.1 cable into the hdmi #3 Port on the PQX. The exact same setup Works on my LG CX Oled and i can select the 120hz refresh rate in nvidia settings but its not availible on the PQX. The firmware was updated automatically yesterday so i dont suspect that i the culprit. In Game menu is also capped out at 60 hz no 120hz option availible. Ive changed the game engine settings to low latency hdmi 2.1 and VRR but still no luck. Any help would be appreciated guys. Thanks in advance.

141 - 160 of 192 Posts