AVS Forum banner

161 - 180 of 326 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was going to buy the 85" version of this when it finally came out, but with the scarcity of reviews and the fact that everyone seems to have various issues with it, I will probably just end up getting the 950H instead. It's a pity, because I really was looking forward to the PQX with its 3000 nits.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just My opinion but I'm dumping my 950 sony for the 85 Vizio its going to be a far superior set then the Sony IMHO........... I have the 75 and with new firmware its better then ever.

Asab

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ive just purchased the P75Qx. Took a few hours dialing everything in but one thing that i have yet to be able to do is Change the refresh rate via PC source. The panel is identified correctly but the refresh rate tops out at 60hz. Im using an RTX 2080ti GPU via an hdmi 2.1 cable into the hdmi #3 Port on the PQX. The exact same setup Works on my LG CX Oled and i can select the 120hz refresh rate in nvidia settings but its not availible on the PQX. The firmware was updated automatically yesterday so i dont suspect that i the culprit. In Game menu is also capped out at 60 hz no 120hz option availible. Ive changed the game engine settings to low latency hdmi 2.1 and VRR but still no luck. Any help would be appreciated guys. Thanks in advance.
Hay TTP Let me check mine I see if it happens to mine I have not yet got my hands on a 3090 but i have a 2080 super i test it later......

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ive just purchased the P75Qx. Took a few hours dialing everything in but one thing that i have yet to be able to do is Change the refresh rate via PC source. The panel is identified correctly but the refresh rate tops out at 60hz. Im using an RTX 2080ti GPU via an hdmi 2.1 cable into the hdmi #3 Port on the PQX. The exact same setup Works on my LG CX Oled and i can select the 120hz refresh rate in nvidia settings but its not availible on the PQX. The firmware was updated automatically yesterday so i dont suspect that i the culprit. In Game menu is also capped out at 60 hz no 120hz option availible. Ive changed the game engine settings to low latency hdmi 2.1 and VRR but still no luck. Any help would be appreciated guys. Thanks in advance.
I believe only the RTX 3000 series have hdmi 2.1

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just got the 75. Rtings mentions turning on "local contrast". Doesn't seem like i can do that in DV or HDR10? Also whats it do exactly?

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Just got the 75. Rtings mentions turning on "local contrast". Doesn't seem like i can do that in DV or HDR10? Also whats it do exactly?
It's a good thing its not active for DV or HDR10. Local Contrast is an attempt to increase the contrast of low contrast content(SDR). HDR transfer function is absolute, its not gamma.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
What resolution? Your probably have to go down to 1080p to get 120hz. Might want to try changing the HDMI mode as well.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I’m waiting on this set as well, we’ll the 85”. Trying to decide on this vs the Q80 and 900h. I think I’ve fizzled out the Sony, but I’ve never had a Vizio as I’ve always heard upscaling picture quality OTA and on cable wasn’t as good as Sony or Samsung. Don’t want a blurry picture on such a large screen. Is that a thing of the past?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Does anyone know how long the power cable is for the 75" version? I can't find the length on Vizio's website, and I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to manage cables with my wall mount. Thanks in advance for any help!

161 - 180 of 326 Posts