AVS Forum banner

22301 - 22312 of 22312 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi Drew, I was talking of the series. That's supposed to be in Atmos on Xboxone X.

RE up mixing I don't get why it's 5.1.2 and not 7.1.4 as the wrapper is 7.1.4 and yes my rears surrounds and rear heights are silent Except on bluray movies with Atmos or Netflix shows & movies with Atmos.
Besides the Jack Ryan TV series, what TV shows and movies have you watched (excluding Blu-rays and DVDs if you've enabled bitstreaming for the Blu-ray player) since you found out about the new upmixing feature, and when you watch them, are your surround-back and surround-overhead speakers silent?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Besides the Jack Ryan TV series, what TV shows and movies have you watched (excluding Blu-rays and DVDs if you've enabled bitstreaming for the Blu-ray player) since you found out about the new upmixing feature, and when you watch them, are your surround-back and surround-overhead speakers silent?

Altered Carbon and Lost in Space, both have all 7.1.4 speakers working regardless of upmiximg setting.

I know of the up mixing feature for a while. Got the update only today :).

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I don't own an xbox anymore, so I'm not up to speed on this. I was just reading about xbox ultimate pass. I want to give my nephew a 12 month xlive card as a gift, then I saw this thing about converting xbox live to ultimate for $1. It will somehow convert all the current regular xlive time you have before activating ultimate to the ultimate, giving you up to 3 years of ultimate for $1. I went to the MS store and there's an offer for me to buy ultimate for $1 for 1 month. But full price if I choose to give as a gift. I'm just curious of anyone has done this process, does it still work? If so, I'll explain the process for my nephew, so he can get it. If he hasn't already.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I don't own an xbox anymore, so I'm not up to speed on this. I was just reading about xbox ultimate pass. I want to give my nephew a 12 month xlive card as a gift, then I saw this thing about converting xbox live to ultimate for $1. It will somehow convert all the current regular xlive time you have before activating ultimate to the ultimate, giving you up to 3 years of ultimate for $1. I went to the MS store and there's an offer for me to buy ultimate for $1 for 1 month. But full price if I choose to give as a gift. I'm just curious of anyone has done this process, does it still work? If so, I'll explain the process for my nephew, so he can get it. If he hasn't already.
It works. I'm currently subcribed until March 2022. I stacked 3 years of Xbox Live Gold and then signed up for Gamepass Ultimate for $1 and MS converted all 3 years to Ultimate.

Gamepass Ultimate FAQ'S on Xbox . com (for some reason AVS is preventing me from posting the link)

What happens to my prepaid months of Xbox Live Gold and/or Xbox Game Pass when I join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate?

When you join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, we will apply any prepaid time you have on Xbox Live Gold and/or Xbox Game Pass toward Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, up to a maximum of 36 months.

For example, if you have 3 months of Xbox Live Gold and 3 months of Xbox Game Pass already on your account when you purchase your first month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, you will have a total of 7 months of Ultimate on your account before you need to renew your membership.

·
UHD Addict
37,066 Posts
Hmmm... I think mine already looks like that? But I'm also in one of the preview options.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Guys, does the Xbox One S, can decode Dolby Vision from UHD discs or is still limited on internal apps?! I played Matrix that contains DV but I only got the HDR notification...

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Guys, does the Xbox One S, can decode Dolby Vision from UHD discs or is still limited on internal apps?! I played Matrix that contains DV but I only got the HDR notification...
Not for discs yet.

App support has grown though.

Reactions: onesolo

·
Registered
313 Posts
Any idea why cant I stream youtube in 4k?

Netflix and amazon are working fine (4k), options all on in 4k settings, but for some reason, no 4k videos on youtube.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Ps- Xbox one S

·
Registered
169 Posts

Netflix and amazon are working fine (4k), options all on in 4k settings, but for some reason, no 4k videos on youtube.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Ps- Xbox one S
was watching youtube the other night and was able to watch some 4k videos no problem, but others that were listed as being 4k weren't in 4k; only 1080p and less resolution was available for some reason.

·
Registered
9,387 Posts

Ideas?

Thanks!

Ps- Xbox one S
Sometimes it doesn’t default to 4k like it should. You should be able to choose the resolution option. If 4k isn’t their the video itself isn’t 4k

22301 - 22312 of 22312 Posts