1 - 20 of 10902 Posts

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
That's great that there's a thread, but aren't the first few posts supposed to have specs, etc. and spots for pics?
Can the moderator help? Can we start over??

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
The rush is we have an "owner's thread" with absolutely no information other than "I'm an owner" when someone clicks on the thread; I know that's not the first thing I look for whenever I research a new piece of gear.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Looking forward to getting my 2050 next week here in Vancouver. Ceiling speakers are mounted... Mono-block amps to drive mains are in place. Speaker wire terminated with banana plugs. Not sure what else I can do except lurk around here. :)

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
So I can't "talk" to my AVR from my PC (Firefox/IE/doesn't matter); however, it's obviously on the network (I have what looks like a valid IP address) because Pandora works, I get firmware updates, etc. What am I doing wrong? I don't have the MAC filter on, but I don't know if there's any security issues on the PC end.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
I'm kind of liking this "Enhancer" setting for my FLAC (USB) files (some are hi-rez). The manual doesn't really say too much about what it does other than "enhance" both low bit-rate and high bit-rate files (the latter is a sub-setting within the "enhance" setting), but I like it.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I can't "talk" to my AVR from my PC (Firefox/IE/doesn't matter); however, it's obviously on the network (I have what looks like a valid IP address) because Pandora works, I get firmware updates, etc. What am I doing wrong? I don't have the MAC filter on, but I don't know if there's any security issues on the PC end.
What do you mean by this exactly? What are you trying to do?
So I can't "talk" to my AVR from my PC (Firefox/IE/doesn't matter);

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Upgraded from a 2040 to a 3050. Had an onkyo and a denon before. Running 9.1.2 with two front presence speakers and direct overheads. Onkyo 806 as the outboard amp. My impressions so far...

YPAO's amazing. Atmos is amazing. The Yamaha DSP is amazing, even better than the 2040's, which I was extremely impressed with. The Dolby upmixer may do a better job of getting information sent to the overhead speakers, but it has a hard time creating a cohesive soundfield.

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
What do you mean by this exactly? What are you trying to do?
So I can't "talk" to my AVR from my PC (Firefox/IE/doesn't matter);
Perhaps he is trying to connect to the receiver's setup page, i.e.: ip_addr/setup?

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh,the on screen setup isn't showing up on the screen. That is odd. Mine HTPC had no problems. I'd need to know if he's using on board video or not.

Have all you guys done the firmware update? I haven't yet. Ypao does do a pretty good job. I was watching Elysium last night and it sounded incredible.

Stupid question,but what does Surround decode do? Is there anyway to make it say DD True HD/DTS MASTR on the display instead of straight/through or whatever?

1 - 20 of 10902 Posts