AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 7614 Posts

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had started the owners thread for a couple of the A-x0x0 threads..

Missed the x050 series...

Thought I'd jump back into AVS after a brief absence with this thread...

This post 1 will be updated with full details and links in the coming week as I have the time...

Give me some time to get it going.. but I will make these first couple of posts full of useful info for current and prospective owners...

Bring them on..

Yamaha USA Website Release Announcement for the RX-A60 lineup

Availability and MSRP pricing:

RX-A1060 ($1,299.95; June availability)

RX-A2060 ($1,699.95; July availability)

RX-A3060 ($2,199.95; July availability)

Just a friendly reminder... price talk is prohibited on these threads..

Owners manuals:

NOTE... THE FOLLOWING LINKS ARE DIRECT PDF DOWNLOADS...

RX-A2060 and 3060 OWNERS MANUAL

RX-A1060 OWNERS MANUAL

Yamaha USA Product Pages

RX-A1060 PRODUCT PAGE
RX-A2060 PRODUCT PAGE
RX-A3060 PRODUCT PAGE

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here is a repost of some links where we discussed using the web browser IP control interface on these units..

To use the web interface for setup...

IP address followed by setup..

ex: http://1.1.1.1/setup

Really helpful for initial setup..

A3030 Web Interface Post

The web interface is extremely helpful for detailed SCENE setup..

For those new to the Yamaha AVR's, SCENES are preset memories that allow for many setup parameters to be assigned to a preset memory..

For instance, you can edit a scene to change to a certain input, use a certain HDMI, turn on or off lip sync delay, pick one of the two available speaker patterns, select EQ pre sets, activate DSP programs, etc.... very powerful tools for customization..

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hopefully you can keep the OP updated unlike the terrible 1050/2050/3050 thread where the first post went untouched for a year and the same questions were asked over and over.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Can anyone explain to me, what is the ZONE2 and Zone4 HDMI with the Yamaha ? After all, there is only 2 HDMI outs, one for main and one for sub zone. But why do they list:
Zone 2/4 HDMI, Zone 2/3 audio with processing, amplifier assign (5.1.2-channel with bi-amp)

·
Premium Member
91,840 Posts
Can anyone explain to me, what is the ZONE2 and Zone4 HDMI with the Yamaha ? After all, there is only 2 HDMI outs, one for main and one for sub zone. But why do they list:
Zone 2/4 HDMI, Zone 2/3 audio with processing, amplifier assign (5.1.2-channel with bi-amp)

Sure ...

The Zone HDMI out can be set as either:

Zone 2 (in which case although audio and video are both passed, you can also use Zone 2 speakers powered by the AVR or via the Zone 2 pre-outs)

or

Zone 4 (in which case both audio and video are passed with no further audio capability from AVR)

As filmmixer noted above .. the A2060 and A3060 should be available in July some time. Call for pricing and pre-order from AVS if interested.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sure ...

The Zone HDMI out can be set as either:

Zone 2 (in which case although audio and video are both passed, you can also use Zone 2 speakers powered by the AVR or via the Zone 2 pre-outs)

or

Zone 4 (in which case both audio and video are passed with no further audio capability from AVR)

As filmmixer noted above .. the A2060 and A3060 should be available in July some time. Call for pricing and pre-order from AVS if interested.
I see. It would have been nice if they added 3rd HDMI out for Zone4.

I wonder, if Main Zone is 5.1 source, Blu-Ray lets say, Can I play the same source to Zone 2, video via zone HDMI out, audio either via pre-outs , HDMI or speaker terminals:
- Will the audio in Zone 2 (either pre-outs/HDMI or speakers) be down mixed to stereo, while main zone remains multi channel ?

·
Premium Member
91,840 Posts
I see. It would have been nice if they added 3rd HDMI out for Zone4.

I wonder, if Main Zone is 5.1 source, Blu-Ray lets say, Can I play the same source to Zone 2, video via zone HDMI out, audio either via pre-outs , HDMI or speaker terminals:
- Will the audio in Zone 2 (either pre-outs/HDMI or speakers) be down mixed to stereo, while main zone remains multi channel ?
Depends on the HDMI sync connected to the Zone monitor output ... if to a TV that can only accept 2CH stereo input, then yes, main zone down mixed as well; however, if to another AVR that can accept multi channel audio, then no. Regardless, obviously only 2.0 audio can be passed to the Zone 2 speaker posts/pre-outs.

Also note that you could pass an Atmos/DTS:X BD audio to the Zone monitor output if connected to another Atmos/DTS:X capable AVR in another room.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Depends on the HDMI sync connected to the Zone monitor output ... if to a TV that can only accept 2CH stereo input, then yes, main zone down mixed as well; however, if to another AVR that can accept multi channel audio, then no. Regardless, obviously only 2.0 audio can be passed to the Zone 2 speaker posts/pre-outs.

Also note that you could pass an Atmos/DTS:X BD audio to the Zone monitor output if connected to another Atmos/DTS:X capable AVR in another room.
Ok, so I got it with the HDMI audio and it make sense.

However, I am still not cleat on the pre-outs/speaker audio out for Zone2:
- If main zone plays 5.1, does zone get DOWNMIXED 2 channel, while main zone stays 5.1?

On most receivers, it will force again main zone to 2ch. I read somewhere that the Yamahas don't do that, but it wasn't very detailed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Specifications and Real World Difference

What upgrades and downgrades are there in the specifications between the RX-A 2060 and the 2050?

The HDMI inputs and outputs specifications and the DAC specifications are not clear.

Are there any real world changes for the better? Or for the worse?
Same price but less features?

The change from the 2040 to the 2050 was major in migrating to HDCP 2.2 compatibility.

The change from the 2050 to the 2060 does not seem apparent.

For example the 2050 has a standard ¼" headphone output. The 2060 spec states 1 headphone output. ¼" or perhaps the ⅛" Apple headphone output good for iPhones and iPads?

Details matter.mPlease be as specific as you can be.

We mainly use Apple based iPads, iPhones and Apple AirPlay.

Thank you!:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
The difference between the A3050 and A3060 is also unclear. The only difference I can see on the specs page is that the A3060 is listed as being slightly deeper.

·
Premium Member
91,840 Posts
Ok, so I got it with the HDMI audio and it make sense.

However, I am still not cleat on the pre-outs/speaker audio out for Zone2:
- If main zone plays 5.1, does zone get DOWNMIXED 2 channel, while main zone stays 5.1?

On most receivers, it will force again main zone to 2ch. I read somewhere that the Yamahas don't do that, but it wasn't very detailed.
This will depend on the source as it may require adding an analog audio cable to ensure main zone remains 5.1.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
The difference between the A3050 and A3060 is also unclear. The only difference I can see on the specs page is that the A3060 is listed as being slightly deeper.
The differences are in the features/software upgrades,
not so much hardware related on a spec sheet.

There's several other threads that are picking apart the actual differences,
eventually that info will trickle into this thread as well.

but if you want, here's a head start: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/2424202-yamaha-aventage-2016-models.html

For someone with an older AVR in need of an upgrade the RX-A3060 is slightly better than the 2015 model 3050,
For someone who already owns a 3050 it would be foolish to sell it at a loss and buy a new 3060.
...but if you're one of the lucky ones who got in on the Amazon "mistake" you'll probably break even. :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
This will depend on the source as it may require adding an analog audio cable to ensure main zone remains 5.1.
Like I said, the source is Blu-Ray player. I don't think there is any players on the market that can simultaneously output HDMI and analog audio.

So my question is still pending.

Also, this Q/A from a customer contradicts with your answer regarding HDMI. I don't know who to trust.

·
Registered
19 Posts
From what I can see, the differences between the 3050 & 3060 are:

YPAO 64 bit precision adjustment, x1 extra DSP mode and Bluetooth (SBC/AAC)

Am I missing something????

·
Registered
8 Posts
From what I can see, the differences between the 3050 & 3060 are:

YPAO 64 bit precision adjustment, x1 extra DSP mode and Bluetooth (SBC/AAC)

Am I missing something????
When I asked Yamaha about the differences this was what I got back:

The RX-A3060 has the following advantages/differences over the RX-A3050

1. Dolby Atmos/DTS-X/HDR BT.2020 pass-through out of the box.
2. New Power Amp Assign allowing 5.1.2 & Bi-Amp.
3. Extra Bass Zone for 2 & 3
4. Zone Volume Equalizer(Tone Control: Auto)
5. Precision EQ with 64-bit and 3D processing
6. New HD GUI enterface.
7. RX-A3060 USB iPod/Apple USB Support removed.
8. Subwoofer EQ range 15.6 Hz to 250.0 Hz.(RX-A3050 31.3 Hz to 250.0 Hz)
9. DSP program over lay on Dolby Atmos and DTS-X

Power Specifications are the same:
2-channel driven (20 Hz to 20 kHz, 0.06% THD, 8 ohms) 150 W

Dimensions(WxHxD)
17 1/8" x 7 1/2" x 18 5/8"
17 1/8" x 10 1/8" x 18 5/8" with antenna up

Weight:
39.9 lbs.

·
Registered
18,036 Posts
Screenshots of the 3060 GUI on the Yamaha website look the same as previous models.
Maybe higher def?

Sub eq down to 15 looks like a sure thing now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
When I asked Yamaha about the differences this was what I got back:

The RX-A3060 has the following advantages/differences over the RX-A3050

1. Dolby Atmos/DTS-X/HDR BT.2020 pass-through out of the box.
2. New Power Amp Assign allowing 5.1.2 & Bi-Amp.
3. Extra Bass Zone for 2 & 3
4. Zone Volume Equalizer(Tone Control: Auto)
5. Precision EQ with 64-bit and 3D processing
6. New HD GUI enterface.
7. RX-A3060 USB iPod/Apple USB Support removed.
8. Subwoofer EQ range 15.6 Hz to 250.0 Hz.(RX-A3050 31.3 Hz to 250.0 Hz)
9. DSP program over lay on Dolby Atmos and DTS-X

Power Specifications are the same:
2-channel driven (20 Hz to 20 kHz, 0.06% THD, 8 ohms) 150 W

Dimensions(WxHxD)
17 1/8" x 7 1/2" x 18 5/8"
17 1/8" x 10 1/8" x 18 5/8" with antenna up

Weight:
39.9 lbs.
Couldn't they have just released a firmware update for the 3050. Doesn't look like much of a change from a hardware perspective. Fingers crossed they'll look after their customers.

1 - 20 of 7614 Posts