AVS Forum banner

4261 - 4280 of 7471 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
I powered on my theater the other day shows a firmware upgrade. Is there a change log available anywhere?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Dire Straits 'Brothers In Arms', Pink Floyd DSOTM and WYWH are a must listen. Eagles 'Hotel California' is good too...that might be DVD-A.
I am ordering them today!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dire Straits 'Brothers In Arms', Pink Floyd DSOTM and WYWH are a must listen. Eagles 'Hotel California' is good too...that might be DVD-A.
If you want Darkside, I'd go with the Immersion Box set even though it's a bit pricey, you get 5.1 and 2.0 hi-res, it's glorious.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I powered on my theater the other day shows a firmware upgrade. Is there a change log available anywhere?
If it's 1.27 that came out a few weeks ago, it's very vague.

This firmware includes
1. Fix Drop-Off problem

·
Registered
231 Posts
Reactions: Ayabe

·
Registered
94 Posts
See this post: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/2457106-official-yamaha-rx-a1060-rx-a2060-rx-a3060-aventage-avr-thread-39.html#post47059849

Two additional comments:
-- at this point I have not screwed up anything and had to Restore my config from Backup -- this setup has just worked
-- near the end, I talk about "walk" mode; not required. The browser/Setup can be accessed from my smartphone to make the change in Power Amp Assign there from anywhere in my house/lot
With the setup described in the post you linked to, which speakers are you using an external amp for in 7.2.4 mode?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
With the setup described in the post you linked to, which speakers are you using an external amp for in 7.2.4 mode?
My AudioSource Amp100 drives my Rear Presence. More than enough power even though the RSLs to at times get exercised quite strongly.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My AudioSource Amp100 drives my Rear Presence. More than enough power even though the RSLs to at times get exercised quite strongly.
Thanks! I'm hoping to upgrade from 7.1 to 7.2.4 later this year. I considered the 3060 last year, but was told that it couldn't do 7.2.4 + Zone 2 even with external amps, so I decided to wait for the 2017 models. From what limited info I've been able to gather about the 3070, it looks like it might have the same limitations, so your solution may be just what I need.

·
Premium Member
87,920 Posts
Thanks! I'm hoping to upgrade from 7.1 to 7.2.4 later this year. I considered the 3060 last year, but was told that it couldn't do 7.2.4 + Zone 2 even with external amps, so I decided to wait for the 2017 models. From what limited info I've been able to gather about the 3070, it looks like it might have the same limitations, so your solution may be just what I need.
The A3060 can indeed do 7.2.4 (+ 2CH external amp) + Zone 2 (2CH external amp) rather the limitation is that it cannot do Zone 3.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
The A3060 can indeed do 7.2.4 (+ 2CH external amp) + Zone 2 (2CH external amp) rather the limitation is that it cannot do Zone 3.
I noticed that option when I setup months ago. To me, with some space constraint, 2 external amps wasn't what I wanted. And dedicating an amp which would often not be used wan't desirable either. Switching the way I've described provides a really good option -- to me it's better.

As it happens, yesterday afternoon I was outside in a screen room which is separated from our main decks, about 30 feet away from the house and roughly 2 levels below our living room (steep slope in our lot). So that's significant effort walking and climbing just to get to my audio setup. (Still dealing with some discomfort from my recent knee surgery adds perspective. ;) ) The Yamaha had been in 7.2.4 config for most of the past month, but opening the browser/Setup on my smartphone allowed me to change to the 7.2.2+1 Zone. Then using the Yamaha app to startup the system and enable Spotify, I had quality music outside all in less time than it would have taken just to go up to the LR. Coming inside a couple of hours later, I shut the system down with the remote. Late last evening, I completely forgot about the confing change and restarted the Yamaha and Spotify. I never even noticed that the setup was still at 7.2.2, went to bed enjoying the music and later shut everything down again with the smartphone app.

Say JD -- did I tell you I'm enjoying my Yamaha A3060? One more time -- thanks! :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
How is that possible? The available speaker configurations chart on page 31 of the manual shows a maximum of 11 output channels, and 7.2.4 + Z2 would require 13 (at least to do them simultaneously). The chart doesn't show any configuration like what I'm looking for, and neither is it described in the Power Amp Assign section on page 131. You yourself told me it wouldn't work on the 3050 (see HERE) and the 3060 wasn't supposed to be much different.

Don't get me wrong, I would be thrilled if I can get this to work. I don't even absolutely need all 13 channels at the same time -- if either the rear presence or surround backs get disabled when zone 2 is turned on (like in richlife's workaround), I could live with that. Having 2 external amps isn't a problem for me. Which speakers would I need to put on external amps, and what power amp assign setting would I need to use?

·
Registered
231 Posts
The good news is that general behavior pretty much rules out the Pandora app. Definitely time to contact either your dealer if it's new or Yamaha.
I wanted to double back on this and let you know that a factory reset solved the issue! Everything is working as intended. Whew!!

·
Premium Member
87,920 Posts
How is that possible? The available speaker configurations chart on page 31 of the manual shows a maximum of 11 output channels, and 7.2.4 + Z2 would require 13 (at least to do them simultaneously). The chart doesn't show any configuration like what I'm looking for, and neither is it described in the Power Amp Assign section on page 131. You yourself told me it wouldn't work on the 3050 (see HERE) and the 3060 wasn't supposed to be much different.

Don't get me wrong, I would be thrilled if I can get this to work. I don't even absolutely need all 13 channels at the same time -- if either the rear presence or surround backs get disabled when zone 2 is turned on (like in richlife's workaround), I could live with that. Having 2 external amps isn't a problem for me. Which speakers would I need to put on external amps, and what power amp assign setting would I need to use?
Note that my former response refers to the AVR not being able to power Zone 2 with an 11 (7.2.4) speaker setup. There's no problem with either the A3050 or the A3060 doing a 7.2.4 setup and also using a 2CH external amp to power the Zone 2 speakers.

Power Amp Assign = 7.2.4 (ext Front)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Note that my former response refers to the AVR not being able to power Zone 2 with an 11 (7.2.4) speaker setup. There's no problem with either the A3050 or the A3060 doing a 7.2.4 setup and also using a 2CH external amp to power the Zone 2 speakers.

Power Amp Assign = 7.2.4 (ext Front)
So just to confirm, if I have a 7.2.4 + Z2 configuration with the main front and Zone 2 speakers on external amps and Power Amp Assign set to 7.2.4 (ext Front), then Zone 2 will work when I turn it on? Would that also work for Power Amp Assign setting 7.2.4 (ext RP)? The manual is confusing because it doesn't indicate any multi-zone options with any 11-channel setups. If this is the case, I'll be a happy camper. I think I'm still going to wait for the new model though.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Listened to episode 536 of the AV Rant Podcast today and they advised Yamaha has...or will be releasing an update for the 2016-17 avr's.

The update will include support for Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log Gamma as well as Tidal and Deezer....apologies if this has already been reported here.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I wanted to double back on this and let you know that a factory reset solved the issue! Everything is working as intended. Whew!!
That's great! I understand the frustration when it isn't right!!! :eek:

@abilyeu I agree with you if cost is not an issue. Go with the new model! Or even if cost matters but you can swing it. (My case!) IMO, simply the additional year of firmware updates is a significant factor to consider. And then there is also the "newness"! :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
@abilyeu I agree with you if cost is not an issue. Go with the new model! Or even if cost matters but you can swing it. (My case!) IMO, simply the additional year of firmware updates is a significant factor to consider. And then there is also the "newness"! :D
Yeah, I've even toyed with the idea of waiting for the 2018 model, what with all the talk about HDMI 2.1 and such. But my old RX-Z7 is starting to get glitchy, and I just don't think I can wait that much longer to start experiencing Atmos.

4261 - 4280 of 7471 Posts