AVS Forum banner

7441 - 7460 of 7471 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
LOL!

I think this story has a happy ending.

I was testing trying to figure out under what circumstances this failure would occur. Sometimes, after letting it sit for a while the receiver would power on normally, then when I would hit the button on my FireTV remote to wake up the FireTV the flapping would commence. Only removing the power cord would stop it once it began.

I let it sit. This time overnight. Powered it up, but it didn't make it long. It even started flapping while I approached with the FireTV remote. I had not even hit a button.
I let it sit again. Turned it on. Seemed fine. I went to get the Amazon FireTV remote. Again it started flapping as I approached with the remote.

Hmmm....

Figured it out yet?

That was the clue I needed. I pulled the batteries out of the Amazon FireTV remote (which is programmed to operate the power and volume of the 3060) and guess what. No more flapping! Hahahaha!

The Amazon FireTV remote was sending a power toggle signal via RF. It ran itself down and only worked as I got close to the receiver with it. It seems fine now. I am not sure if my removing the batteries rebooted something, if it was a low battery power failure condition, or if my kid mashed the power button down in a way that stuck it.

I am so glad I found that. I was looking up service centers. Then they would have found nothing wrong with it, only for me to return the unit into the vicinity of the FireTV remote and have it happen again!

I'll deprogram the remote if it happens again.
That is good info. I will have to remember it in case I see similar behavior.

·
Registered
18,017 Posts
Hmmm....

Figured it out yet?

That was the clue I needed. Amazon FireTV remote (which is programmed to operate the power and volume of the 3060)
That's also the clue that anyone trying to diagnose your issue would've needed that was not included in your op.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
The mute button on my 3060 Yamaha remote causes my Panasonic DP-UB820 to un-pause a paused video. I think that same mute button also makes it pause, but I'd have to double check that.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I've had the 3060 for a few years - used to be fairly active here but lost touch.

Have a recent issue that has be stumped. I have a PC I like bringing up on the LG OLED but none of the inputs along the back of the yammy will display. It works fine when connected to the V-AUX in the front, but the back inputs refuse to display any image. They work with other sources just fine, all of them, and I've even tried lowering resolutions to see if it was a bitrate thing, but I can't for the life of me get any of the rear-inputs to pass the PC input through.

I'm just lucky I tried the front V-AUX first or I would have suspected bad cables or the actual PC video card.

Any ideas? much abliged

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sounds like your video card is putting out a resolution that is not supported, or it might be an HDCP issue. Is the 3060 set to HDMI Mode-1 or Mode-2?
Ah, yeah you're on to something. The manual says this about mode 1

Code:
Input/outputs 4k (60 Hz/50 Hz) signals in 4:4:4, 4:2:2: or 4:2:0
(4:2:0 format only for Video AUX [HDMI IN] jack)
Which is the clue I should have picked up on. Switching to mode 2 indeed allows the signal to go through, which tells me the problem was the chroma subsampling. The V-AUX jack would have been telling Windows about its 4:2:0 limitation int the handshake, forcing it to that scheme., whereas the back jacks wouldn't so Win10 would let fly with 4:4:4 or whatever the max bitrate supported by HDMI 1.4 for the chosen resolution.

The funny part is that this ultimately does point to a bad cable, since both the receiver and LG panel support these resolutions at 4:2:2 and beyond (the Oppo is set to 4k/60 HDR at 4:2:2).

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
22,166 Posts
Ah, yeah you're on to something. The manual says this about mode 1

Code:
Input/outputs 4k (60 Hz/50 Hz) signals in 4:4:4, 4:2:2: or 4:2:0
(4:2:0 format only for Video AUX [HDMI IN] jack)
Which is the clue I should have picked up on. Switching to mode 2 indeed allows the signal to go through, which tells me the problem was the chroma subsampling. !
Its simpler than that. Mode 1 forces HDCP 2.2 protocols, which is the only way to get 4K/HDR. If your video card does not output HDR then Mode-2 is the correct setting.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Its simpler than that. Mode 1 forces HDCP 2.2 protocols, which is the only way to get 4K/HDR. If your video card does not output HDR then Mode-2 is the correct setting.
It's an RTX-2070 and so yes it does HDR. I was getting HDR signals to the OLED using the V-AUX input, I think its just the chroma subsampling was exceeding the bitrate of my cable, which neither the Yammy or the video card could sort out through a handshake on the back inputs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How to set CXN V2 as an external pre-amp to AVR

Hello,

I am about to pick up my CXN V2 next week, I am just wondering about the setup. After trawling through a few blogs, I noticed 2 obvious setups & a 3rd not so common:

1. Connect the CXN via Digital RCA. Let my AVR' DAC ES9006A do the audio processing
2. Connect the CXN via Analogue RCA. Let the Dual Wolfson WM8740 DACs do the audio processing
3. Setup the CXN as a pre-amp & connect it to my AVR's pre-outs

Has anyone tried Option 3? I can't really find much more information regarding this. For eg. Do the speakers connect to my CXN or remain connected to my AVR? If the former than that's going to suck for me coz my fronts are bi-amped to my AVR.

Any help please?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello,

I am about to pick up my CXN V2 next week, I am just wondering about the setup. After trawling through a few blogs, I noticed 2 obvious setups & a 3rd not so common:

1. Connect the CXN via Digital RCA. Let my AVR' DAC ES9006A do the audio processing
2. Connect the CXN via Analogue RCA. Let the Dual Wolfson WM8740 DACs do the audio processing
3. Setup the CXN as a pre-amp & connect it to my AVR's pre-outs

Has anyone tried Option 3? I can't really find much more information regarding this. For eg. Do the speakers connect to my CXN or remain connected to my AVR? If the former than that's going to suck for me coz my fronts are bi-amped to my AVR.

Any help please?
Giving this a bump :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Posting here as well as the X700 group.

Anyone having this issue?
I'm playing a 4K movie and hit the next chapter button and the sound goes out. The movie is playing but no sound. I have to stop the movie and then resume or I have to change my receiver to Pure Direct and then back to Surround for the sound to come back on. I have my X700 sending to Yamaha RX-A3060 receiver. Not sure if it is an HDMI issue on the receiver or X700. Firmware on both are up to date.

·
Registered
742 Posts
My 2060 started behaving strange tonight. When I turn on my system I have DirecTV as input 1 and always turn that on first and do a quick browse then switch over to Blu-Ray or Apple TV ect, while leaving on my satellite receiver until the end of the night, so Tonight I switch over to input 7 Apple TV like I always do and the 2060 automatically switches back to input 1 DirecTV. All three times I tried it, it switched back to Input 1 right away. Only after switching the satellite receiver off did the AVR stay on input 7 Apple TV. This has never behaved that way before so I don’t know what changed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
My 2060 started behaving strange tonight. When I turn on my system I have DirecTV as input 1 and always turn that on first and do a quick browse then switch over to Blu-Ray or Apple TV ect, while leaving on my satellite receiver until the end of the night, so Tonight I switch over to input 7 Apple TV like I always do and the 2060 automatically switches back to input 1 DirecTV. All three times I tried it, it switched back to Input 1 right away. Only after switching the satellite receiver off did the AVR stay on input 7 Apple TV. This has never behaved that way before so I don’t know what changed?

Do you have CEC enabled? If so, that would likely account for your DirecTV source switching your AVR inputs.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I do have CEC on but it just started acting up yesterday, so I turned it off in the tv and I’ll see how that goes.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I've been fiddling with this issue for years now. even contacted yamaha, seems it was a mystery and still is to everyone. every time I wanted to play a blu-ray audio or sacd there would be no audio. If I put the projector on- I get audio. here are some scenarios I tried with a small TV:

TV plugged into HDMI 2 only- picture and music play
TV plugged into HDMI 2 and projector plugged into HDMI 1 - does not work. no picture no audio from player
TV plugged into HDMI 1 only- everything works fine
Tv plugged into HDMI 1 and projector HDMI 2- does not work

I am using mono price certified cables from my sony player to receiver. and a 40ft. Ruipro cable from receiver to projector.
I’ve finally solved (partially) the issue with no sound unless the tv/projector is on.

Go to your web control, mine is http://192.168.86.55/Setup/ (you can find your ip in the MusicCast—> Settings—>Device—>Information app)

Click on the Sound/Video tab. Under the Main Zone find Sound_Video —>Pure Direct.

Set Type to “Video Off”

Now, when playing a music sacd/cd/dvd-audio disc, as soon as I click on Pure Direct, the sound comes on without having to turn on my projector. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I’ve finally solved (partially) the issue with no sound unless the tv/projector is on.

Go to your web control, mine is http://192.168.86.55/Setup/ (you can find your ip in the MusicCast—> Settings—>Device—>Information app)

Click on the Sound/Video tab. Under the Main Zone find Sound_Video —>Pure Direct.

Set Type to “Video Off”

Now, when playing a music sacd/cd/dvd-audio disc, as soon as I click on Pure Direct, the sound comes on without having to turn on my projector. :)
thanks for the info- ,talk about a buried solution. just wow. Honestly I haven't really used the 3060 in my home theater for music lately because of this issue. You say set to pure direct. but alot of times I like to listen to plain cds in 7-9 channel stereo. Should still work I assume. I keep saying I am going to buy a mini Tv with HDMI just to keep in the cabinet to use for navigating B-ray menus- but still haven't gotten round to it. I would still have to unplug projector and plug TV into HDMI 1. I will check this out on mine. thanks for the info. Maybe someday when I upgrade this will be resolved. Either that or when 120 inch TVs are common and no longer need a projector!

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
You say set to pure direct. but alot of times I like to listen to plain cds in 7-9 channel stereo. Should still work I assume.
Probably not, this setting is just for Pure Direct, but let me know if it works for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yamaha RX-A1060 Issues??

Hi folks,

New to the board... thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer.

So here's my current setup:
Receiver: Yamaha RX-A1060
LG TV
Apple TV
LG Ultra HD Bluray player

About a month ago or so I noticed my Apple TV no longer controls my stereo and tv. Very odd. It will control the TV if I plug an HDMI cable direct from ATV -> LG TV though.

In addition, ARC from my TV to my Yamaha receiver no longer works. I've tried to reset everything.. I've tested and swapped out cables. Nothing. I've spent hours on this and I'm not getting anywhere. I wonder if there might have been a firmware update that is causing this issue?

Also, here's something else interesting. Apparently my receiver does not support HDR (at least according to Apple TV). When I plugged my 4k bluray player in recently it supports HDR and everything works great. Really odd.

Hopefully I can get ARC running again and my apple tv remote functioning. It's really a pain to have 3 remotes.

Hope all is well!
Gregg

7441 - 7460 of 7471 Posts