AVS Forum banner

2101 - 2120 of 2749 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
And remember - you must make YPAO measurement with amplifier. And so, you can use AVR with two differential configuration, use for it to scene preset.
OK T60, gotcha. I always run room calibration with my external amp connected to my current setup so that should come natural with the A2080.

Thank you for the reminder.

As an aside, how is your country doing with the COVID virus ?

·
Registered
64 Posts
OK T60, gotcha. I always run room calibration with my external amp connected to my current setup so that should come natural with the A2080.

Thank you for the reminder.

As an aside, how is your country doing with the COVID virus ?
All is very strong... I work at Oil & Gas Industry 28/28, and at now our crew stay at isolation by position for 3 month.

·
Registered
863 Posts
All is very strong... I work at Oil & Gas Industry 28/28, and at now our crew stay at isolation by position for 3 month.
Very good. Stay safe and be well.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Question...I have two subs positioned diagonally (front left, right rear). The receiver I have can only EQ one sub and thus I use a ''Y'' connection for the subs. I am thinking about purchasing the 2080. Since this unit EQ's the subs independently, do I have to adjust the phase setting or should I leave both at ''0''? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
22,172 Posts
Question...I have two subs positioned diagonally (front left, right rear). The receiver I have can only EQ one sub and thus I use a ''Y'' connection for the subs. I am thinking about purchasing the 2080. Since this unit EQ's the subs independently, do I have to adjust the phase setting or should I leave both at ''0''? Thanks in advance.
You do whatever gives the best results in your room. There's no right answer for phasing.

·
Vendor
26,682 Posts
Maybe someday if I have Chad do a calibration on my X750R, but at the moment finances are pretty tight. Although I'm happy with my system after manual calibration and tweaking, I'm sure there's room for improvement.
Everything in moderation, this hobby is expensive and requires updating often..... ;)

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Everything in moderation, this hobby is expensive and requires updating often..... ;)
Yep. Especially for me since I stopped working 2 years ago. I don't reach full SS retirement age for another 3 years, so I can't upgrade like I used to just living off the landlady. :D

·
Registered
342 Posts
Models 685 and 880 received firmware 1.8
Does anyone have news on xx80 models?
Just received the 1.80 firmware update via AVR message when tried to access the settings.

Reactions: Tarzan2000

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello all and I hope you are doing fine with all the Covid thing.
I have one of the weirdest questions you'll ever come up to. :D
I'm on the way to upgrade a very old HK AVR355 with 2080.
My problem is that the wife-factor has strictly forbidden any changes on the furniture. ANY. So as the 2080 has extra depth I was wondering if it can fit inside the AVR's case. The case is open to the back.
Can anyone tell me what is the distance between the front and the back feet? So I can calculate if it fits, or if the back feet will float in the air. I cannot find a detailed dimension chart anywhere on the internet.
Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
My problem is that the wife-factor has strictly forbidden any changes on the furniture. ANY. So as the 2080 has extra depth I was wondering if it can fit inside the AVR's case. The case is open to the back.
Can anyone tell me what is the distance between the front and the back feet? So I can calculate if it fits, or if the back feet will float in the air. I cannot find a detailed dimension chart anywhere on the internet.
Thank you in advance.
Hi, the feet are positioned 11.5" apart, center to center. The front feet are set back 1" from the front of the case. I can't easily get to the back so I'm not able to measure how far they are from the back.

However, if your cabinet isn't deep enough for the feet to rest on it, you might want to try something that I did with one of my AVRs that is on a shelf that's not deep enough for it. I bought a sheet of 1/4" plate glass that was the appx size of the AVR and placed that on the shelf and then the AVR on top of it. Been like that for years now. You might want to give it a try if it doesn't fit as-is.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
My 1080 also offered me 1.80 today and I let it install. What's new in this version? I did not notice anything obvious yet.
I just checked Yamaha web site but 1.80 was not there, the latest is shows there is 1.72.
For CIS region came FW 1.8 on RX-A3080.
Just installed here in Canada on a 3080.
It is not yet listed on the Canadian or the US support pages for this model.

RX-A710 Firmware Update Version 1.80
Yamaha is pleased to offer the following firmware update to ensure the best possible performance and latest features for your AV receiver.

This firmware includes
1. Playback compatibility with Napster/Rhapsody (Update is required to continue to receiver Napster/Rhapsody streaming service)
2. Other network functions improvement

·
Registered
816 Posts
Thank you in advance.
Not sure if you can change cases, but I’d focus on changing wives. 🤪

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, the feet are positioned 11.5" apart, center to center. The front feet are set back 1" from the front of the case. I can't easily get to the back so I'm not able to measure how far they are from the back.

However, if your cabinet isn't deep enough for the feet to rest on it, you might want to try something that I did with one of my AVRs that is on a shelf that's not deep enough for it. I bought a sheet of 1/4" plate glass that was the appx size of the AVR and placed that on the shelf and then the AVR on top of it. Been like that for years now. You might want to give it a try if it doesn't fit as-is.
Huge thank you. Tomorrow morning I'm gonna measure the distance.
As for the glass, can it cope with the vibrations without breaking? I was thinking for a wooden surface but this is better as I won't be needing to dye it.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
Huge thank you. Tomorrow morning I'm gonna measure the distance.
As for the glass, can it cope with the vibrations without breaking? I was thinking for a wooden surface but this is better as I won't be needing to dye it.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
I would certainly think so. 1/4 inch plate glass is pretty tough stuff and I shouldn't think a little vibration would hurt it. Like I said, mine has been like this for years...at least 15.

Reactions: mlsds

·
Registered
1 Posts
Upgrade Time

Hey, I'm new to the forum, but I'm looking at finally upgrading from my RX-A1010.

**I apologize if any of this seems like it should be obvious, but I'm fairly inexperienced with the nitty gritty of HTR setup and tech specs.**

I've been stuck with ARC for years, and I'm finally ready to get 4K capability for my receiver to get back to being the center of my AV setup. Not interested in the 2020 lineup since I have no use for 8K capable equipment.

I was looking at the new A1080, but can't be sure I'm missing anything with the higher end models other than channels and a bit more power. My current setup is 5.1, with plans to get at least two more speakers when we finally do buy a place in the next 1-2 years, as well as looking at a possible SW upgrade.

Current equipment:

RX-A1010
-Front L/R: NS-777 Bi-Amped
-Center: NS-444
-Rear: NS-333
-Sub: YST-225

Samsung KS8000 65" with these devices attached and routed to the receiver via ARC
-Caavo
-Nvidia Shield
-Panasonic Blu-ray Player DP-UB820
-3-4 HDMI game consoles

Do I need anything more than the A1080?

One other question: I've read that I've been hamstrung with my current setup since ARC can only transmit 2CH Stereo signal, and haven't been able to find any data that can confirm or deny this. I've had to use ARC for everything with a 4K signal since I was one of the unlucky ones to buy the receiver model JUST before 4K support was added. Am I really not getting the DTS-MA from my digital files since it passes through ARC?

·
Registered
77 Posts
NAS setup for music streaming

Do any of you run a NAS to stream your music/content to the receiver? I am interested in setting one up but I don't really know what I need. I'm looking at a WD EX2 Ultra NAS, which I think is compatible with my Yamaha RX-A1080.
Also, how does MusicCast fit in with streaming over a network? Doesn't the NAS come with its own software?
Appreciate any advice.

2101 - 2120 of 2749 Posts