AVS Forum banner

2161 - 2180 of 2711 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have to agree. Not loving the new look at all on these. Very glad I picked up a 3080 this year.
Me Too. Picked up a 3080. Love it. I asked the question of Yamaha a couple of weeks ago, if IMAX Enhanced will be offered as a firmware update. No response.
On another note, I'm seeing folks talk about Firmware 1.80. I look at the Canada and US websites daily. Still shows 1.72. Curious to know which markets are seeing 1.80 for the 3080 specifically.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Me Too. Picked up a 3080. Love it. I asked the question of Yamaha a couple of weeks ago, if IMAX Enhanced will be offered as a firmware update. No response.
On another note, I'm seeing folks talk about Firmware 1.80. I look at the Canada and US websites daily. Still shows 1.72. Curious to know which markets are seeing 1.80 for the 3080 specifically.
My 3080 updated to 1.8 a few days ago. Did it online.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Someone bought a 2080 via Amazon. He stated that it was a significant improvement over his ''old'' 1080. He didn't elaborate. I don't see how this can be, but anyone speak to this?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Someone bought a 2080 via Amazon. He stated that it was a significant improvement over his ''old'' 1080. He didn't elaborate. I don't see how this can be, but anyone speak to this?

I’ve asked this question many times. Aside from the very slight increase in watts, I don’t see how it could be a “significant” improvement - or any improvement, other than being able to use more speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Perhaps a silly OCD question but when you do room correction on the Yamaha do you have the point of the triangle microphone facing the speakers or the flat end of the mike facing the speakers? This is for the 8 Point calibration only since the height calibration stand has a notch to guide the mike setup correctly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Two pairs of speakers in two channel?

Just received a 2080 as a gift. I know, I know.....so, all I want to do is to set up and configure two pairs of 8 ohm speakers in two channel mode. NO SURROUND, NO ATMOS, nothing fancy, just two pairs of speakers in front of me that I would like to play simultaneously in two channel mode. Do I need to change speaker impedance settings or anything like that? I'm sure it's not that difficult, but thought I would ask. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Just received a 2080 as a gift. I know, I know.....so, all I want to do is to set up and configure two pairs of 8 ohm speakers in two channel mode. NO SURROUND, NO ATMOS, nothing fancy, just two pairs of speakers in front of me that I would like to play simultaneously in two channel mode. Do I need to change speaker impedance settings or anything like that? I'm sure it's not that difficult, but thought I would ask. Thanks for any help.
Placement is everything and after that just use Pure Direct.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Honestly, its overkill for what you want. In your place (and purely my opinion), I'd quietly sell it off boxed and buy a really nice 2 channel stereo amp or an Integrated amp with media player capabilities. If you're sticking with Yamaha , look at the R-N602. Good luck with whatever you decide..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yamaha 2080

I plan on keeping it and reason being is that (other than being a very nice gift....) I have an excellent BR player to attach, an AppleTV 4K, and an Amazon Firestick. And of course it has loads of other capabilities, but my main focus is on two channel for music. I will watch TV occasionally, and a movie or two, but I don't care about surround, etc, etc. Just need to know if I can play two sets of speakers simultaneously with the same full range audio properties of each pair? And, (another question).....is it possible to adjust the outputs of each pair to match one another if the sensitivity of each pair is slightly different? I do realize that it's somewhat overkill, but that's OK, I just want to work with what I've been given.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Just received 3080 today replacement of Denon x4300
Can't seem to figure out dialing in subs
One sub is - 10. Other monolith 15 is - 5
Cannot figure out how to match. The Denon was on 1:00 position but with 3080 its almost maxed out on gain
Any help will be appreciated

·
Registered
613 Posts
Just received 3080 today replacement of Denon x4300
Can't seem to figure out dialing in subs
One sub is - 10. Other monolith 15 is - 5
Cannot figure out how to match. The Denon was on 1:00 position but with 3080 its almost maxed out on gain
Any help will be appreciated
Best I could do after numerous tries was to dial in both subs at - 6
Could not get both to the preferred - 10

The gain on both subs are almost maxed out

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Received my new Yamaha 3080 yesterday. Only issue seems to be a loose antenna connection. See photo where the brass colored coupler which is connected to receiver is loose and cannot be tightened. Should I be worried?
The brass fitting moves loosely in the rear panel and the nut will not tighten or unscrew? If it's cross threaded and won't tighten or loosen, I'd ask the seller for an exchange. Where did you buy it?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Received my new Yamaha 3080 yesterday. Only issue seems to be a loose antenna connection. See photo where the brass colored coupler which is connected to receiver is loose and cannot be tightened. Should I be worried?
The brass fitting moves loosely in the rear panel and the nut will not tighten or unscrew? If it's cross threaded and won't tighten or loosen, I'd ask the seller for an exchange. Where did you buy it?
I purchased on ebay

Thanks

·
Registered
2,628 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
I requested a return today. While watching Prime picture was not stable due to only one antenna properly connected

·
Premium Member
2,638 Posts
I requested a return today. While watching Prime picture was not stable due to only one antenna properly connected
That was likely the best thing for you to do, but in my experience if a wireless connection is reliable consider yourself lucky. Here in my house all of my systems devices are wired as I have too many devices (lots of computers and other stuff) and, I'm sure, significant electromagnetic interference.

·
Registered
613 Posts
That was likely the best thing for you to do, but in my experience if a wireless connection is reliable consider yourself lucky. Here in my house all of my systems devices are wired as I have too many devices (lots of computers and other stuff) and, I'm sure, significant electromagnetic interference.
Thanks,
My previous Denon had a great wireless connection as I cannot hard wire due to distance from router. Currently looking at the Pioneer LX704

2161 - 2180 of 2711 Posts