AVS Forum banner

2821 - 2840 of 2885 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
well said. I have owed several of the xx80 line AVRs and have run them all sorts of ways. Never had a pop or any other issue.
And this make it "clear" that we, the ones we do have the popping. just "invented" ourselves this or what? We come here because of this issue, hopping to find ideas and support from others that have it, but stating you don't and denying there's a problem it is not helpful at all! I also have an older Yamaha RX-A2040 which never done this issue, that's why I "upgraded" with same brand, same line (AVENTAGE), sooooo, what's your point with "well said"? :unsure:

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
And this make it "clear" that we, the ones we do have the popping. just "invented" ourselves this or what? We come here because of this issue, hopping to find ideas and support from others that have it, but stating you don't and denying there's a problem it is not helpful at all! I also have an older Yamaha RX-A2040 which never done this issue, that's why I "upgraded" with same brand, same line (AVENTAGE), sooooo, what's your point with "well said"? :unsure:
So, he's not helpful to your problem. Well, just maybe it's helpful to others to realize that the problem isn't widespread.

My suggestion: If you want a thread where people can only confirm your issue, start your own thread with a title that limits applicable posts to confirmation and detailing of your problem.

Reactions: JRiggs and bwillcox

·
Registered
141 Posts
So, he's not helpful to your problem. Well, just maybe it's helpful to others to realize that the problem isn't widespread.

My suggestion: If you want a thread where people can only confirm your issue, start your own thread with a title that limits applicable posts to confirmation and detailing of your problem.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
You're absolutely right: only the posts that state that everything is working as it should, are the ones that matter and would be acceptable in this "owner's" and "official" thread!

And BTW, not one (not me, not any other that have this issue) have EVER said it is widespread. In fact, if you would had read my post entirely, you would had seen me pointing out two (2) things (among others): is a minority of uinits that have this issue, and we the ones that have such units, do "envy" you the others that have "healthy" units. :p

Also, I think you're also right, I should not argue anymore with those that have good/"healthy" units, cause is useless, pointless and plain crazy o_O to do so, with someone that doesn't know HOW BAD this could be, that actually scare us all that will fry our speakers.

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
Also, I think you're also right, I should not argue anymore with those that have good/"healthy" units, cause is useless, pointless and plain crazy o_O to do so, with someone that doesn't know HOW BAD this could be, that actually scare us all that will fry our speakers.
The bottom line is that it's not likely that anyone here is going to be able be of much (any?) help. Those of us that don't experience the problem can be of no help at all. Someone with the problem will need to isolate it down to cause.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The bottom line is that it's not likely that anyone here is going to be able be of much (any?) help. Those of us that don't experience the problem can be of no help at all. Someone with the problem will need to isolate it down to cause.
That's exactly why I (KINDLY) asked you the ones that have "good"/"healthy" units to refrain saying you have such units and don't have the popping, or anything else about or related to this issue: because you can't help!

And, actually, I think I was helpful (at least to some), by letting them know that NOT using the "AUTO" or "AI" functions will help them remove the popping, as I done myself, other than to try to service the unit (actually, few pages back, it is someone that had the unit serviced once, then replaced and ultimately exchanged the unit completely for another brand, just because he could not get rid of the popping; so I will understand from this that we MIGHT not be able to fix this even by service or replacement with same model).

·
Vendor
27,443 Posts
Unit under warranty? Have you reached out to Yamaha? What did they have to say?

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
You're absolutely right: only the posts that state that everything is working as it should, are the ones that matter and would be acceptable in this "owner's" and "official" thread!

Everyone please excuse me for continuing this; but "Felix" sarcastically accused me of saying that only posts saying everything is working fine are acceptable.

That's entirely untrue. I've been around here long enough to understand these threads and expect people to discuss problems. I basically said that he should not complain when people say their receiver has no problem.

Someone is getting "more than a little emotional" about this!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Everyone please excuse me for continuing this; but "Felix" sarcastically accused me of saying that only posts saying everything is working fine are acceptable.

That's entirely untrue. I've been around here long enough to understand these threads and expect people to discuss problems. I basically said that he should not complain when people say their receiver has no problem.

Someone is getting "more than a little emotional" about this!
Accused you (or anyone else)?
FAR from it!
Merely just pinpointed that you clearly sent me away from here because I was talking about an issue that I and others (few that is) have.
Also, it seems to me "someone else" is the "more than a little emotional" about this! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Unit under warranty? Have you reached out to Yamaha? What did they have to say?
Sure it is, was purchased in November 2019.
Just that from the former experience I had when I had another (smaller) issue with my previous Yamaha (RX-A2040), I understood that here where I am, there's no such thing as Yamaha service, just Yamaha sellers. So, unfortunately I will have to stick with it and just not use the settings I know produce those poppings. Nor that I could send it back in the first 90 days or so, and if I recall correctly I did not had any pops in that period.
Thanks for the idea, though!(y)

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
Accused you (or anyone else)?
FAR from it!
Merely just pinpointed that you clearly sent me away from here because I was talking about an issue that I and others (few that is) have.
Also, it seems to me "someone else" is the "more than a little emotional" about this! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
You aren't reading or are just misconstruing on purpose. I did not "send you away" because you were talking about an issue. My point was that you should not complain about others saying they had no problem.

I said: "My suggestion: If you want a thread where people can only confirm your issue, start your own thread with a title that limits applicable posts to confirmation and detailing of your problem."

Now, "I'm out of here". Unfortunately, I allowed myself to be sucked in.

Reactions: FarmerBob

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi!
how does the 3080 perform in stereo on music?
and is it worth overpaying for 3080 or is 2080 enough? ma silver 5.1 for HT

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
hi!
how does the 3080 perform in stereo on music?
and is it worth overpaying for 3080 or is 2080 enough? ma silver 5.1 for HT
If you are only doing a 5.1 system I'd go with the 2080.

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
perhaps over time I will expand to 5.1.2
Still fine with a 2080. I'm running 5.2.4 on my 2080 and 7.2.4 on my 3080 with the help of two 2200 Outlaw Audio monoblocks for front L&R.

Reactions: Welens

·
Registered
10 Posts
Still fine with a 2080. I'm running 5.2.4 on my 2080 and 7.2.4 on my 3080 with the help of two 2200 Outlaw Audio monoblocks for front L&R.
thank you!
another question, in the 3080 more serious DAC , is there a noticeable difference in quality?

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
thank you!
another question, in the 3080 more serious DAC , is there a noticeable difference in quality?
I can't say that I notice any difference, but then they they are in different rooms with completely different speakers and acoustics. Not exactly an apples to apples comparison. However I do enjoy the sound of both.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I have a 3080 and used to have a 1080 and only run 5.1. I was able to get a 3080 for a really good price. After running YPAO, I want to say that it doesn't seem like I have to turn the 3080 up quite as loud as the 1080 - but that might just be my mind playing tricks on me. Two channel stereo sounds great on both.

I've asked before about the differences in sound performance of the 1080, 2080, and 3080 - or if it's just extra bells and whistles and haven't really been able to find a clear answer. I have no regrets about my 3080 though. It's comforting knowing that I can't do any better - at least in terms of the Aventage line.

·
Registered
141 Posts
thank you!
I can't say that I notice any difference, but then they they are in different rooms with completely different speakers and acoustics. Not exactly an apples to apples comparison. However I do enjoy the sound of both.
I would say that what "one" will hear can be RADICALLY different because of the following:
  • range and quality of hearing of that "one" person
  • speakers
  • room
  • how & where the speakers are placed in the room
  • the decoder and amplifier
  • lastly the source payed
  • some other minor stuff in between the above (like calibration, cables, power source, etc.)
What I mean is that, "one" can have the million bucks active equipment with ****ty speakers, or million bucks speakers with ****ty active equipment, or even million bucks speakers and equipment but in lousy room and bad placed playing internet radio (for example), or even having hearing problems, and would make differences all the time. Not to mention the "likes" and "dislikes" of said "one" person.
Bottom line - AUDIO is an EXTREMELY SUBJECTIVE subject, and rarely someone can REALLY hear differences all being equal and done right!

My opinion - get the AVR that suites you the best now and in the next 3-5 years, make all configurations correctly (especially positioning the speakers relative to your Main Listening Position - MLP), and you'll enjoy any AVR you'll get (provided that you'll not have damages or defects).

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
15,934 Posts
thank you!
Listening to music? Using a trained, expert listener through an extremely expensive system in a professional listening room? No.

2821 - 2840 of 2885 Posts